VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

PaidPlayersNeverGetOutLBW;186369 said:
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Play at Old Essendon and they wont have a beer with you. Play them at home and they bring in their own beers to your clubrooms. Then we start on the footy club...

Mate, are you serious.. I was in the opposition clubrooms till 7.30 on sat night.. We all bought a beer and a sausage and had a chat..

I can understand you bagging the footy club, after their performance during the finals, but i can't remember anyone ever bringing their own beers to another club.. The week before that we shouted some of the Keilor boys, so not too sure bout that.

I am serious

Part of what keeps me playing is having a beer after the game with teammates and oppostion. The trip home from the other side of the city with a 6 pack is fun.

Best team to have a beer with after the game has to be Doutta.

PaidPlayersNeverGetOutLBW;186392 said:
I am serious

Part of what keeps me playing is having a beer after the game with teammates and oppostion. The trip home from the other side of the city with a 6 pack is fun.

Best team to have a beer with after the game has to be Doutta.

6 pack ??? What about the "king browns" ??? must be a south side player....

Play at Old Essendon and they wont have a beer with you. Play them at home and they bring in their own beers to your clubrooms.
Agree 100% complete pack of knobs, keilor have been known to bring there own booze aswell.

best teams to have a drink with after a game are:
Doutta, Royal park, spotty, mentone, chelsea, even altona north had a couple last year.
YCCC normally shout each player a beer but the team is not to be sighted.

mickeybee;186341 said:
One discussion topic.

WHat is a better/more presigious standard to play?

District 2nd's/VTCA 1's/Subbies 1's??

Interested to hear peoples view, perhaps if people have played more than one of these standards.

My mate, plays district 2's and makes me feel embarrased that i ONLY play VTCA 1's. Thoughts?

I have been told from a player who has played in both that District 2's is a far better standard than Subbie's 1's due to the depth of talent and the quality of the grounds/ wickets.

Also been told that overall Subbie's 1's is a bit better than VTCA 1's just due to player depth. The stronger team's in VTCA would match up pretty well against the strong Subbies team, but there is supposedly a difference at the lower end of the ladder.

JohnTaylorstolemywallet;186430 said:
Play at Old Essendon and they wont have a beer with you. Play them at home and they bring in their own beers to your clubrooms.

Agree 100% complete pack of knobs, keilor have been known to bring there own booze aswell.

Doutta, Royal park, spotty, mentone, chelsea, even altona north had a couple last year.
YCCC normally shout each player a beer but the team is not to be sighted.[/QUOTE

All sides are good to have a beer with , its just wether or not you are willing to hang around and make an effort, which old EG'S clearly dont do....Chelsea clearly the best, have also put the car in auto-pilot after leaving Royal Park and Keilor!!

IRIMMEDLYNDSYHOWARTH;186497 said:
JohnTaylorstolemywallet;186430 said:

YCCC normally shout each player a beer but the team is not to be sighted.[/QUOTE

All sides are good to have a beer with , its just wether or not you are willing to hang around and make an effort, which old EG'S clearly dont do....Chelsea clearly the best, have also put the car in auto-pilot after leaving Royal Park and Keilor!!

i am so jealous. i want to be a ones player. most teams i play against no one really sticks around for a beer after the game. they are all either too young or too old. i wish i was good enough for the firsts so i could have beers with all the guns in the competition ie- gary turner, bakes etc
unfortunately my club has a really good spinner in the ones and i am really looking forward to the day i play ones in the vtca. i am only 21 so fingers crossed!

Keep at it mate, or come to OEG :) @|

According to everyone else here, you don't need much skill to be an OEG player.. Kind of similar at my club with the age thing, half our players are on P's, so can't drink till back at the club, and we also have 3 over 40yo's.

Bagsofwickets;182426 said:
mckinley from north melbourne to doutta replaces ion. rumour was he was going to jacana?? dont know how mckinley goes but ion will be a big loss. there was rumour of okeefe retiring but one the vtca website hes down as a pid professional for this year.

Me and mate saw Ion at Gladdy Hotel talking with Jacana last week. He told my mate that he didnt realise that 1 of the fathers of his girlfriends 3 kids plays 1's there and the other 2 fathers play in the 2's there.Might play after xmas he said.Should try and get him to Tulla, an old teammate of his is there and said he'd call him. Watch this space !!!! Good call BoW , you're on the money there bud.

Bagsofwickets;186575 said:
IRIMMEDLYNDSYHOWARTH;186497 said:
i am so jealous. i want to be a ones player. most teams i play against no one really sticks around for a beer after the game. they are all either too young or too old. i wish i was good enough for the firsts so i could have beers with all the guns in the competition ie- gary turner, bakes etc
unfortunately my club has a really good spinner in the ones and i am really looking forward to the day i play ones in the vtca. i am only 21 so fingers crossed!

Looks like you could be waiting awhile young Holden, most quality spinners play into there 40's, take a look at the Moose from Old Essendon..they celebrated his 60th birthday at the rooms last saturday night and he's still going strong, poor fella was all alone though as none of those poons go in for a beer!!

Slipper;186721 said:
Me and mate saw Ion at Gladdy Hotel talking with Jacana last week. He told my mate that he didnt realise that 1 of the fathers of his girlfriends 3 kids plays 1's there and the other 2 fathers play in the 2's there.Might play after xmas he said.Should try and get him to Tulla, an old teammate of his is there and said he'd call him. Watch this space !!!! Good call BoW , you're on the money there bud.

I heard Ion will be back at Douttas round 3 , he's just waiting approval from the surgeon, still cant wear a helmet at this stage as those hair plugs can be very painful.

Slipper;186721 said:

thought it was due to the new captain at the club? apparantly a few of the senior players at doutta weren't too happy (lamberti, mcfarlane, ion, sri lankan import from last year)
dont know who the captain is at doutta but it has stirred the pot down at the little postage stamp they play on down there and they have lost some pretty handy players! will be interesting to see how they go this year!

win d ows;187164 said:
abers were in a position to win first innings points but got rolled outright. terrible

Nyhus is the recruit??

Coghlan and Leece and a few others do OK. Might lack some batting depth but Nyhus in the first 3 will strengthen the top order. They had a decent young Leggie a few years ago (Berzins). Had a wrongun (In North A1/A2 thats gonna get you wickets). Look at Ash Manning (Has a Flipper and gets wickets because of reputation, not talent).

If Nyhus is the recruit, he had a decent year last year at Westmeadows. In the game vs. Avondale he's taken 3 wickets and made 60 odd in 2 innings.

Abers have a young kid in their 2's (McSweeney) who made a ton and 30 odd not out against us (Avondale) in the magoos. Had his share of luck but does have confidence and backs himself. Was particularily good through the V. Might struggle if he gets a go in the 1's as will only get 1-2 bad balls an over rather than 3-5 bad ones in the 2's.

Abers 2's was primarily kids. Some good talent to choose from in a few years. Avondale Heights depth is lacking. 4-5 older guys (>30) will not be there forever.

Bagsofwickets;186902 said:
thought it was due to the new captain at the club? apparantly a few of the senior players at doutta weren't too happy (lamberti, mcfarlane, ion, sri lankan import from last year)
dont know who the captain is at doutta but it has stirred the pot down at the little postage stamp they play on down there and they have lost some pretty handy players! will be interesting to see how they go this year!

I saw some brilliant bowling changes and some very nice little fielding moves saturday at McKinnon in the crushing win by Doutta, very well captained..so good that Ion and Lamberti are returning this week!!
Bit hard for the Sri Lankan to return when he's up on rape charges back home in columbo!!

been there done that;186353 said:
A team of "champions" vs a champion team!! Would much rather play alongside blokes who are out there for each other, not the $!!! @|

Pull up champ....you seem to have alot to say about our club eventhough your mail absolutely stinks mate ;) most of the crap you post about YCCC is absolute rubbish - made up!!
You post more comments about YCCC than you do about your own club....who do you play for?
blokes like bronca, smarty and bakes want to play for YCCC because we win flags....believe me if you had of been apart of the last 2 flags you would know first hand that no amount of $$ will compare with winning the big one ;)

Bagsofwickets;186154 said:
taylor $20,000
bronca $20,000
okeefe $20,000
baker $20,000
smart $15,000

well theres 95,000 with 5 players.. but that is there team and still a handy team with only 5 players!

heard pacholi was signing a new deal to become the face of weight watchers? can anyone confirm?

how funny/stupid is this comment....mate fedinkum do you really think we could pay that amount?? :) you blokes make me laugh!!

last i heard, pacholli had a premiership medallion around his neck and was looking to double up this year :p

what can you tell us about yourself bags of wickets?? :)

Bagsofwickets;186154 said:
taylor $20,000
bronca $20,000
okeefe $20,000
baker $20,000
smart $15,000

well theres 95,000 with 5 players.. but that is there team and still a handy team with only 5 players!

heard pacholi was signing a new deal to become the face of weight watchers? can anyone confirm?

how funny/stupid is this comment....mate fedinkum do you really think we could pay that amount?? :) you blokes make me laugh!!

last i heard, pacholli had a premiership medallion around his neck and was looking to double up this year :p

Tocka;187344 said:

hi there tocka. if this is the great man himself from yarraville i am honored. mate im only a young battler that plays in the 2's at my club. i would love to play against the big names in the vtca ones but my team already have a good spinner. roomer is he may have done an injury so the door might open up for me. fingers crossed.
i am only going by what i hear from all the guys in our first team. i always listen in on them to try find out the goss in the big league.
and if you can get away with getting any money well good luck to ya.
i would love to win a premiership in the vtca ones that is my cricketing dream.

holden

Tocka;187344 said:

hi there tocka. if this is the great man himself from yarraville i am honored. mate im only a young battler that plays in the 2's at my club. i would love to play against the big names in the vtca ones but my team already have a good spinner. roomer is he may have done an injury so the door might open up for me. fingers crossed.
i am only going by what i hear from all the guys in our first team. i always listen in on them to try find out the goss in the big league.
and if you can get away with getting any money well good luck to ya.
i would love to win a premiership in the vtca ones that is my cricketing dream.

holden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back