VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

century scorer;196934 said:
Not good enough to play ones .How many blokes Hoppers paying to play this year ? Heard from a source from Taylors Lakes C.C that they will be playing in VTCA next year, anyone else no anything about this ?

Borlaise has been training for about 4 or 5 weeks waiting for clearance to come through. The club did not approach him. He was watching a game having a beer and a couple of guys had a chat to him and he said he was thinking about playing and trained the following Tuesday. Class player.

Not good enough to play ones .How many blokes Hoppers paying to play this year ? Heard from a source from Taylors Lakes C.C that they will be playing in VTCA next year, anyone else no anything about this ?

Borlaise has been training for about 4 or 5 weeks waiting for clearance to come through. The club did not approach him. He was watching a game having a beer and a couple of guys had a chat to him and he said he was thinking about playing and trained the following Tuesday. Class player.

shane21;196941 said:

And you believe in Santa & the Easter Bunny!!!

shane21;196941 said:

And you believe in Santa & the Easter Bunny!!!

channel10 - biggest loser;196931 said:
who are these new blokes from doutta? grey was from abers and going ok.. mckinley? green? parry? cooper? i see that wigmore is still playing there.. remember him at E.K, bit of a lose cannon so he would fit in well at doutta.. still yarraville the team to beat.. lets hope doutta can get over the line this year..@|

Wigmore - loose cannon. He'll be happy with that!!!

Yarraville & team - the 2 words don't go together in the same sentence.

Looks like the Stars are home this year. Bid sad for the millionaires if that's the case.

Maybe they can try State players next year & entice them to their picturesque surroundings & lovely green tracksuits.

Money would never be involved, coz as everyone down there keeps saying, you just want to play for the Clubbers!!!

who are these new blokes from doutta? grey was from abers and going ok.. mckinley? green? parry? cooper? i see that wigmore is still playing there.. remember him at E.K, bit of a lose cannon so he would fit in well at doutta.. still yarraville the team to beat.. lets hope doutta can get over the line this year..@|

Looks like the Stars are home this year. Bid sad for the millionaires if that's the case.

Maybe they can try State players next year & entice them to their picturesque surroundings & lovely green tracksuits.

Money would never be involved, coz as everyone down there keeps saying, you just want to play for the Clubbers!!!

Ben Dover;196953 said:

Went over to Forges in Footscray and fitted myself out in a XXL pair of advocado green tracky daks, Yarraville club advocado XXXL polo top complete with logo....now all I have to do is put on 60kg (or place a 185 x 14 Bridgestone tyre in the waist of the tracky daks), rub some poison ivy on my face to give that "I have a drinking problem intelligent look", pull em up high, Cascade light in left hand, gentle scrotum flick with right, chub in pants over Bakes...I recon Ben Dover maybe onto something.....if Bakes don't make the runs come finals against Doutta....the choker ties from a few years ago may be back in fashion....actually, Forges threw in a tie with the outfit.....

Ben Dover;196953 said:

Went over to Forges in Footscray and fitted myself out in a XXL pair of advocado green tracky daks, Yarraville club advocado XXXL polo top complete with logo....now all I have to do is put on 60kg (or place a 185 x 14 Bridgestone tyre in the waist of the tracky daks), rub some poison ivy on my face to give that "I have a drinking problem intelligent look", pull em up high, Cascade light in left hand, gentle scrotum flick with right, chub in pants over Bakes...I recon Ben Dover maybe onto something.....if Bakes don't make the runs come finals against Doutta....the choker ties from a few years ago may be back in fashion....actually, Forges threw in a tie with the outfit.....

Ben Dover;196953 said:

[/Q

Yes that does seam strange ben !!!!

Ben Dover;196953 said:

[/Q

Yes that does seam strange ben !!!!

IssaccsUarse;196968 said:

Now that is GOLD !!!!

IssaccsUarse;196968 said:

Now that is GOLD !!!!

IRIMMEDLYNDSYHOWARTH;196592 said:
Fair bloke the president of OEG, spraying RPB in the local paper saying they got what they deserved by losing points earlier in the year!! Royal park didnt seem to have any problem batting on that pitch, you boys are just a bunch of softcocks..hence all the departues this season..who would want to play a season with a group of shandy drinking homos led by a don burke lookalike!!
Looking forward to seeing the private school boys come up against some real opposition and having there pants and long grey socks pulled down and given a severe pounding!!

Agree with the opening part about the OEG pres commenting on it weeks later in the paper....just saw it and that's poor form. No need to gloat. Just hope that it doesn't come down to OEG finishing 4th by a couple of points to RPB in 5th. VTCA set a dangerous precedent with that decision I reckon.

Wonder what the go is with these clubs like OEG and MHSOB. I used to think you had to have actually attended the school to play there but pretty sure Tim Linley didn't go to Essendon Grammar (was thinking about getting a side up from the state high school I went to but everyone's in jail). Can anyone play there? Does the school have much of an influence over how the club is run? (EG can you have big p|ss ups at the rooms) Anyone on here play there...interested to hear...

IRIMMEDLYNDSYHOWARTH;196592 said:
Fair bloke the president of OEG, spraying RPB in the local paper saying they got what they deserved by losing points earlier in the year!! Royal park didnt seem to have any problem batting on that pitch, you boys are just a bunch of softcocks..hence all the departues this season..who would want to play a season with a group of shandy drinking homos led by a don burke lookalike!!
Looking forward to seeing the private school boys come up against some real opposition and having there pants and long grey socks pulled down and given a severe pounding!!

Agree with the opening part about the OEG pres commenting on it weeks later in the paper....just saw it and that's poor form. No need to gloat. Just hope that it doesn't come down to OEG finishing 4th by a couple of points to RPB in 5th. VTCA set a dangerous precedent with that decision I reckon.

Wonder what the go is with these clubs like OEG and MHSOB. I used to think you had to have actually attended the school to play there but pretty sure Tim Linley didn't go to Essendon Grammar (was thinking about getting a side up from the state high school I went to but everyone's in jail). Can anyone play there? Does the school have much of an influence over how the club is run? (EG can you have big p|ss ups at the rooms) Anyone on here play there...interested to hear...

Very true about Wigmore..look out after 15 steamed dimmys and 12 jim beams on a friday night, you dont want to be anywhere near him...Dangerous!!

Very true about Wigmore..look out after 15 steamed dimmys and 12 jim beams on a friday night, you dont want to be anywhere near him...Dangerous!!

IRIMMEDLYNDSYHOWARTH;197096 said:

all those dim sims and fizzy coke is a recipe for stinky farts... remind me to stay away from this guy

IRIMMEDLYNDSYHOWARTH;197096 said:

all those dim sims and fizzy coke is a recipe for stinky farts... remind me to stay away from this guy

Frankie;197078 said:

Mate. Hope you're not thinking of playing there.

They don't socilaise after games. They draw inspiration from seconds flags & celebrate them with a pot of tea & home to bed by 8.00pm.

And also, they have to cheat to win them |@ !!!

Frankie;197078 said:

They don't socilaise after games. They draw inspiration from seconds flags & celebrate them with a pot of tea & home to bed by 8.00pm.

Ben Dover;197099 said:

Nah dont worry mate wont be playin there.....the only reason i play cricket is for the drinking. Carnt of a game otherwise...

Ben Dover;197099 said:

Nah dont worry mate wont be playin there.....the only reason i play cricket is for the drinking. Carnt of a game otherwise...

Ben Dover;197099 said:

the twos usually dont have umpires and those cheating dogs are very well known to call a truck load of no balls and somehow cant hear anything when there is a nick behind |@

Ben Dover;197099 said:

the twos usually dont have umpires and those cheating dogs are very well known to call a truck load of no balls and somehow cant hear anything when there is a nick behind |@

what the ******** is going on with the vtca? i printed a north c2 fixture out a while back and it has "round 7 - 5th january" being the first week after xmas. checked again and now there is no game on the 5/1.. north c2 resumes on the 12/1 and there are 3 consecutive 1 day games after christmas. stupid?

seems like it's the whole north C grade...why don't they just resume on the the 5th just like everyone else?

what the ******** is going on with the vtca? i printed a north c2 fixture out a while back and it has "round 7 - 5th january" being the first week after xmas. checked again and now there is no game on the 5/1.. north c2 resumes on the 12/1 and there are 3 consecutive 1 day games after christmas. stupid?

seems like it's the whole north C grade...why don't they just resume on the the 5th just like everyone else?

DizzyGillepsie;197116 said:

I think the problem there is that you are trying to apply some form of logic to VTCA decision making. That will just do your head in.

DizzyGillepsie;197116 said:

I think the problem there is that you are trying to apply some form of logic to VTCA decision making. That will just do your head in.

Aren't Taylors Lakes still on mats out there?
Played footy against them this year & they had dirt covering the matting wicket in the centre...

Played footy against them this year & they had dirt covering the matting wicket in the centre...

CheeQuee;197119 said:

Yeah they're w*****s!
They more often than not get their ability mixed up with their ambition!
I have met a couple of guys from there, Choppa Markham was a good fella, but cant play cricket! They're coach Thomas seems like a good fella, pretty quiet, and apparently is a gun player!
They may be very competitive in North B,until they take on the Bapts!

CheeQuee;197119 said:

Yeah they're w*****s!
I have met a couple of guys from there, Choppa Markham was a good fella, but cant play cricket! They're coach Thomas seems like a good fella, pretty quiet, and apparently is a gun player!

Oracle;197135 said:
Yeah they're w*****s!

Realistically, no one could really be confident taking on the might of the Baptists could they? I reckon they should be promoted next year straight from North B into Senior Division. If they then go through next season undefeated in Senior Div, which they almost certainly would, who am I to rule out a possible entry into Victorian Premier Cricket the following year?

Oracle;197135 said:
Yeah they're w*****s!

Realistically, no one could really be confident taking on the might of the Baptists could they? I reckon they should be promoted next year straight from North B into Senior Division. If they then go through next season undefeated in Senior Div, which they almost certainly would, who am I to rule out a possible entry into Victorian Premier Cricket the following year?

Daisy Brown;197180 said:
Only 5 days left to buy me man. Someone just paid good cash for Borlase at Hoppers. Did he advertise in the trading post?

you should advertise on trademe.co.nz

the black caps need all the help they can get :D

Daisy Brown;197180 said:
Only 5 days left to buy me man. Someone just paid good cash for Borlase at Hoppers. Did he advertise in the trading post?

you should advertise on trademe.co.nz

the black caps need all the help they can get :D

Ben Dover;196953 said:

Every club says the same playing for the love of the club . Until the vtca steps in Yccc,Doutta,Sth Caulf,Keilor,RPB,Hoppers,Airport W,the list go,s on will only get stronger?

Ben Dover;196953 said:

Every club says the same playing for the love of the club . Until the vtca steps in Yccc,Doutta,Sth Caulf,Keilor,RPB,Hoppers,Airport W,the list go,s on will only get stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back