VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

century scorer;217004 said:
That was 2 weeks ago,you blokes are that far behind on and off the ground.
know wonder the northern sides allways play in finals go back 2 the country.

Right because there's just so much going on in the VTCA that this issue has just been swept aside. You North clubs need to work on getting some more $$$. Go back to local footy Greenvale v Doutta and watch some real teams pay $$$

century scorer;217004 said:
That was 2 weeks ago,you blokes are that far behind on and off the ground.
know wonder the northern sides allways play in finals go back 2 the country.

Right because there's just so much going on in the VTCA that this issue has just been swept aside. You North clubs need to work on getting some more $$$. Go back to local footy Greenvale v Doutta and watch some real teams pay $$$

Bagsofwickets;216984 said:
heard he was brilliant.. had the place in stitches and was just what the night needed..

2 years ago at the vtca presentation night, they had a slide show of premiership photos goin on on the big screen. Obviously supplied by the VTCA. But, there were no photo's of the Spotty 1st eleven side. As it turned out, 1 of our players had a cd on him from our celebrations from the first 11 win. He went up to those in control of the p.c. and offered them his cd. Could not believe they played it!! Plenty of photos of the team nude out on the centre wicket drinkin beers.... and the last photo was of a "polly waffle" left on a length... You could see whoever was driving the pc, was madly dragging the mouse over the screen trying to put a stop to the slide show, but could not work out how to do it!!! The table of females from YCCC were in fits of laughter, but a few frowns from the executive were thrown our way!!!@|:p

Bagsofwickets;216984 said:
heard he was brilliant.. had the place in stitches and was just what the night needed..

2 years ago at the vtca presentation night, they had a slide show of premiership photos goin on on the big screen. Obviously supplied by the VTCA. But, there were no photo's of the Spotty 1st eleven side. As it turned out, 1 of our players had a cd on him from our celebrations from the first 11 win. He went up to those in control of the p.c. and offered them his cd. Could not believe they played it!! Plenty of photos of the team nude out on the centre wicket drinkin beers.... and the last photo was of a "polly waffle" left on a length... You could see whoever was driving the pc, was madly dragging the mouse over the screen trying to put a stop to the slide show, but could not work out how to do it!!! The table of females from YCCC were in fits of laughter, but a few frowns from the executive were thrown our way!!!@|:p

been there done that;217037 said:

Lets all face facts here - the VTCA executive are nothing but a bunch of dried up old farts who still want "their" comp to made up of boring sides from the South.

Happy to have sides from the north come into the comp so they can beat their chests that they have the largest playing competition in Victoria but cannot handle them winning premierships.

Compared to Subbies, the VTCA is still administered like the 70s and 80s. Cricket Standard between the two are comparible but adminstration is on different level.

In a few years time YCCC, DSCC & KCC will leave to joing the subbies because the comp is a joke!

been there done that;217037 said:

Lets all face facts here - the VTCA executive are nothing but a bunch of dried up old farts who still want "their" comp to made up of boring sides from the South.

Happy to have sides from the north come into the comp so they can beat their chests that they have the largest playing competition in Victoria but cannot handle them winning premierships.

Compared to Subbies, the VTCA is still administered like the 70s and 80s. Cricket Standard between the two are comparible but adminstration is on different level.

In a few years time YCCC, DSCC & KCC will leave to joing the subbies because the comp is a joke!

Javid Miandmum;217041 said:

Thats so they can add another few grand to their coffers as Subbies get a big payout from CV every year,let them go it might make it an even playing field.
Whether Subbies would put up with DS covers is another matter.

Thats so they can add another few grand to their coffers as Subbies get a big payout from CV every year,let them go it might make it an even playing field.

I take you will be putting your hand up to join the executive then? Put up or shut up. The VTCA is not that bad and if you and your club think it is, then farq off to another league and let the rest of us get on with playing cricket

I take you will be putting your hand up to join the executive then? Put up or shut up. The VTCA is not that bad and if you and your club think it is, then farq off to another league and let the rest of us get on with playing cricket

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;217052 said:

I agree. However, you must admit that there some areas that they fall down on ie covers rulings, player payments, kangaroo court tribunal hearings just to name 3.:confused:

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;217052 said:

I agree. However, you must admit that there some areas that they fall down on ie covers rulings, player payments, kangaroo court tribunal hearings just to name 3.:confused:

southern sledge;217044 said:

Maybe your club can ******** off 2 subbies and get the cash 2 buy some decent
players? As north sides a quite happy 2 keep winning vtca flags.

southern sledge;217044 said:

been there done that;217058 said:

Agreed, but cricket administrators dont exactly grow on trees.

been there done that;217058 said:

Agreed, but cricket administrators dont exactly grow on trees.

century scorer;217081 said:
Typical Doutta attitude,if you don't like it FO

century scorer;217081 said:
Typical Doutta attitude,if you don't like it FO

southern sledge;216964 said:
Word coming out of VTCA Presentation night that one Premiership skipper disgraced himself completly at the end of the night.
I believe this person to post on here.A certain rotund spinner from a Northern club.

This sort of behaviour would never have been allowed under my reign. I would never have stood for it, and no doubt neither will my replacement. The Pres is currently shopping around for some expert legal advice on this matter, and once Slater and Gordon advises him, he will certainly be taking this matter further.

Word around my executive friends is that he is certain to become the first Senior Div premiership skipper to miss the unfurling of a flag due to suspension from a performance at a presentation night.

What has this competition come to in my absence? This sort of nonsense never occurred when I was handing out Paxino medals to Marty Pickering back in 1974. Is that his son, Marty junior, who still plays at OEG?

southern sledge;216964 said:
Word coming out of VTCA Presentation night that one Premiership skipper disgraced himself completly at the end of the night.
I believe this person to post on here.A certain rotund spinner from a Northern club.

This sort of behaviour would never have been allowed under my reign. I would never have stood for it, and no doubt neither will my replacement. The Pres is currently shopping around for some expert legal advice on this matter, and once Slater and Gordon advises him, he will certainly be taking this matter further.

Word around my executive friends is that he is certain to become the first Senior Div premiership skipper to miss the unfurling of a flag due to suspension from a performance at a presentation night.

What has this competition come to in my absence? This sort of nonsense never occurred when I was handing out Paxino medals to Marty Pickering back in 1974. Is that his son, Marty junior, who still plays at OEG?

MANNINGHAM CRICKET CLUB SEEK PLAYING COACH FOR SEASON 2008-09

2008-09 will see Manningham Cricket Club be one of only two clubs to field sides in the top two grades of the Synthetic cricket section of the ECA (MacGibbon and Burt Shields). We now seek the services of an enthusiastic and driven playing coach to help develop our young playing list to the level of regular finals participants.

Manningham CC is located in East Doncaster at Rieschiecks Reserve fielding 3 senior teams, 3 junior teams and conducts a very successful Milo Have-A-Go program in Melbourne’s largest cricket association.

The preferred candidate for this role will bring some or all of:

• Playing experience at a level commensurate with or higher than the level of our current first XI
• On field leadership experience at some level of cricket
• Ability to work in a coaching capacity with players of a range of skill levels
• Passion for developing junior cricketers and creating pathway structures
• Previous coaching experience not essential

The candidate will be required to attend all senior training sessions and conduct some junior coaching sessions throughout the season.

Remuneration is negotiable.

For more information or to apply please contact President Brian Barnard (bbarnard@lendinglink.com.au / 0438 563 885) or Cricket Operations Manager Shannon Gill (shannon.gill@cricket.com.au / 0402 046 189).

2008-09 will see Manningham Cricket Club be one of only two clubs to field sides in the top two grades of the Synthetic cricket section of the ECA (MacGibbon and Burt Shields). We now seek the services of an enthusiastic and driven playing coach to help develop our young playing list to the level of regular finals participants.

Manningham CC is located in East Doncaster at Rieschiecks Reserve fielding 3 senior teams, 3 junior teams and conducts a very successful Milo Have-A-Go program in Melbourne’s largest cricket association.

• Playing experience at a level commensurate with or higher than the level of our current first XI
• Ability to work in a coaching capacity with players of a range of skill levels

The candidate will be required to attend all senior training sessions and conduct some junior coaching sessions throughout the season.

For more information or to apply please contact President Brian Barnard (bbarnard@lendinglink.com.au / 0438 563 885) or Cricket Operations Manager Shannon Gill (shannon.gill@cricket.com.au / 0402 046 189).

IRIMMEDLYNDSYHOWARTH;216004 said:
been there done that;215998 said:
Must be a good source Anders, not even close!!
7 senior premierships, 2 club champions says that S McFarlane must have gone ok in his day!
What have you done in your career?

Yeah well I have 6 wooden spoons, 12 duck awards, concrete hands and most 12th man games........... big whoop:D
There ya go Anders;)

IRIMMEDLYNDSYHOWARTH;216004 said:
been there done that;215998 said:
Must be a good source Anders, not even close!!
7 senior premierships, 2 club champions says that S McFarlane must have gone ok in his day!
What have you done in your career?

Yeah well I have 6 wooden spoons, 12 duck awards, concrete hands and most 12th man games........... big whoop:D
There ya go Anders;)

been there done that;217340 said:
There ya go Anders;)

watch out Anders, i'm looking at breaking one of your records mate :D

been there done that;217340 said:
There ya go Anders;)

watch out Anders, i'm looking at breaking one of your records mate :D

News around the traps regarding players coming and going
D Roach + G Jones off 2 Tulla
D Patcholli back 2 Druids
M Williams 2 join Abers with his mate K Gray
D Masters back 2 original club Albion
L Elmore 2 Altona nth
Has anyone else heard anything around the traps?

L Elmore 2 Altona nth

century scorer;217435 said:
L Elmore 2 Altona nth

Surely Jones wouldn't leave APWSTC after helping them move up the grades and get into Senior Div

L Elmore 2 Altona nth

Surely Jones wouldn't leave APWSTC after helping them move up the grades and get into Senior Div

macca100;217338 said:

Century Scorer : Apparently Turner has taken up this offer above. Takes all money he can get from YCCC and will now probably send this club broke.

As for sightings of Turner word around the traps is that he is out of work, got sacked after returning from amsterdam cricket trip for turning up drunk for the next week.
Can anyone confirm either these?

macca100;217338 said:

Century Scorer : Apparently Turner has taken up this offer above. Takes all money he can get from YCCC and will now probably send this club broke.

As for sightings of Turner word around the traps is that he is out of work, got sacked after returning from amsterdam cricket trip for turning up drunk for the next week.
Can anyone confirm either these?

L Elmore 2 Altona nth

K. Grey staying @ Doutta Stars - confirmed.

H. Singh to Yarraville Club.

L Elmore 2 Altona nth

K. Grey staying @ Doutta Stars - confirmed.

H. Singh to Yarraville Club.

L Elmore 2 Altona nth

Yeah, heard that Patrolli Raviolli has taken Turner and Williams to Druids, as a 3 package deal that includes KFC, Lime UDL's and Sports Drinks.

L Elmore 2 Altona nth

Yeah, heard that Patrolli Raviolli has taken Turner and Williams to Druids, as a 3 package deal that includes KFC, Lime UDL's and Sports Drinks.

The Slipper;217446 said:

Heard patrolli is getting a share in a KFC franchise and a farm up warrigul
way?

The Slipper;217446 said:

Heard patrolli is getting a share in a KFC franchise and a farm up warrigul
way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back