VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

century scorer;219628 said:
Most grounds have sprinklers,doesnt mean you can water it?
That doesnt change the wicket(if thats what you call it)spotswoods
wicket shits on that tip?

spotswood have a problem with one of there sprinklers.. ever since the 04/05 grand final when shane mac hit a rutley half tracker straight to a fielder which cost them the grand final he took his frustration out on a sprinkler on his way off the ground..
may be the reason why spottys wicket is no good as they have a leaking sprinkler which leakes water onto the pitch????????

century scorer;219628 said:
Most grounds have sprinklers,doesnt mean you can water it?
That doesnt change the wicket(if thats what you call it)spotswoods
wicket shits on that tip?

Very strange how the Spotty deck can be a road all year & turn into a shit heap come Grand Final time.

Might be to do with a bit of fertilzing by the Spotty players on their way home after a few light beers as they never seem to be playing that time of the year.

Millhouse;219532 said:
Everybody does. Vote 1 G.Turner for PM!

Nah I think we have had enough of the off field stories. Lets get back to the traditional off-season talking point. Player moves..

Whos got any?

Ben Dover;219641 said:
Very strange how the Spotty deck can be a road all year & turn into a shit heap come Grand Final time.

Might be to do with a bit of fertilzing by the Spotty players on their way home after a few light beers as they never seem to be playing that time of the year.

I would have thought it was in Spotty's interests to prolong the game for as long as possible, given the extra bar takings they stood to receive....If they did indeed doctor the deck then not very smart on their part.

Also wasn't aware that urine generated from drinking light beer could act as a fertilizer. If those water restrictions get any worse, might just buy a few cubes of Tooheys Blue for the boys and set up camp on the square.

century scorer;219579 said:
Is in the last 4 at Yccc,along with Patcholi,Baker and Daryl Hodgson also can anyone conform that W.Kelly off 2 Sunshine Druids?Big outs at Keilor
Pixton,Boyle,Bugja,Mc Kay might have to recruit the Headless 11?

Warren Kelly has signed at Willy CYMS.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;219647 said:
Nah I think we have had enough of the off field stories. Lets get back to the traditional off-season talking point. Player moves..

Whos got any?

Some of these may be old news:

G. Turner to Taylors lakes (captain/coach)
M. Williams to Abers
D. Brown to stay at APW
D. Pacholli to G.U (apparently in some type of coaching role)
Zahorodni to APW
J. Taylor to APW

hey guys, serious post...

regarding the deck at spotty, i know your taking the piss, but just to set the record straight, none of the players and officials that belong to spotty have anything to do with ground preparation.

it is in fact the full responsibility of hobsons bay city council to prepare the ground including the turf wicket.

thepmwearsgreentrackiesto;219679 said:
Some of these may be old news:

G. Turner to Taylors lakes (captain/coach)
M. Williams to Abers
D. Brown to stay at APW
D. Pacholli to G.U (apparently in some type of coaching role)
Zahorodni to APW
J. Taylor to APW

Has he gone to APW well maybe Tullamarine couldnt afford him after they signed David Roach.

does anyone have any infomation on which club is going into Senior A from North A since Albion have told the league that they are unable to.

brains01;219682 said:
Has he gone to APW well maybe Tullamarine couldnt afford him after they signed David Roach.

Or maybe he approached APW to play , not the other way around as are 99% of new signings . If it is true ,says what sort of bloke he is.
Kelly to Willy CYMS , geez how the hell are Keilor going to cover him ? Massive loss for them, maybe promote the great man Podge to cover those 150 runs.

BakersDozen;219684 said:
Or maybe he approached APW to play , not the other way around as are 99% of new signings . If it is true ,says what sort of bloke he is.
Kelly to Willy CYMS , geez how the hell are Keilor going to cover him ? Massive loss for them, maybe promote the great man Podge to cover those 150 runs.

He is playing football there now. Just signed up a few weeks ago perhaps he has a few mates down there anyway.

Has anyone heard the rumour of the restructuring of the VTCA divisions?

I heard due to teams from mostly the South and some from the North hating the travel factor that they are seriously thinking about scrapping Senior A in favour of 3 First XI divisions in both North and South and having just the senior division so it would look sort of like this:

Senior - Keilor, Sth Caufield, YCCC, Douttas, McKinnon etc.

North - Hoppers, Willy CYMS, Strathmore, etc.

South - MHSOB, Brighton, Bentleigh, etc.

North A.
South A.
North B.
South B.

Apprantly only 3 South teams really want to travel and the rest want to just play within the areas surrounding.

Could this work?

I think it can and would be far better. I know my club would benefit from it as travel has always been a factor with the players.

Secondly, how would you divide the lower divisions up to create the strucure in place? Anyone want to have a crack at how it would be set out?

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;219697 said:
Has anyone heard the rumour of the restructuring of the VTCA divisions?

I heard due to teams from mostly the South and some from the North hating the travel factor that they are seriously thinking about scrapping Senior A in favour of 3 First XI divisions in both North and South and having just the senior division so it would look sort of like this:

Senior - Keilor, Sth Caufield, YCCC, Douttas, McKinnon etc.

North - Hoppers, Willy CYMS, Strathmore, etc.

South - MHSOB, Brighton, Bentleigh, etc.

North A.
South A.
North B.
South B.

Apprantly only 3 South teams really want to travel and the rest want to just play within the areas surrounding.

Could this work?

I think it can and would be far better. I know my club would benefit from it as travel has always been a factor with the players.

Secondly, how would you divide the lower divisions up to create the strucure in place? Anyone want to have a crack at how it would be set out?

I think it's fine the way it is really. The travel thing is understandable, especially for kids playing in local junior comps in the morning. But then that is the nature of the comp, clubs knew the make-up of it when they joined. If they don't like maybe they need to go back to a local comp like the DDCA or something?

flinto;219706 said:
I think it's fine the way it is really. The travel thing is understandable, especially for kids playing in local junior comps in the morning. But then that is the nature of the comp, clubs knew the make-up of it when they joined. If they don't like maybe they need to go back to a local comp like the DDCA or something?

Well thats the thing, these club are worried about losing players to other teams playing local comps. They want to keep their players and survive. I understand that there are literally clubs within blocks of each other in the south and its a fierce playground to keep players and recruit quality ones.

Bagsofwickets;219633 said:
spotswood have a problem with one of there sprinklers.. ever since the 04/05 grand final when shane mac hit a rutley half tracker straight to a fielder which cost them the grand final he took his frustration out on a sprinkler on his way off the ground..
may be the reason why spottys wicket is no good as they have a leaking sprinkler which leakes water onto the pitch????????

He must have done it at Hoppers 2 this year,the council had 2
close the ground for the last 3 weeks(under water).
Beware of the sprinkler.

Regarding Seddon and their search for a coach (sunday herald-sun) , PLEASE dont hold your interviews near the Tullamarine Airport as this caused absolute chaos last night with one potential suitor being taken to hospital with head injuries after being told he made the final 3.

century scorer;219722 said:
He must have done it at Hoppers 2 this year,the council had 2
close the ground for the last 3 weeks(under water).
Beware of the sprinkler.

Saw a photo of their ground during a recent footy game......surely there is no way they are planning to play cricket on that thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back