VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Guru14;266559 said:
It would seem pretty straight forward to me!! Why would you not have 10 sides in each grade? Aberfeldie don't deserve to be given another chance to finish last in A1 and West Newport were lucky to go back to the Willi comp after their stint in the VTCA. Surely the powers that be need to look at the fixture now and the make up of the sides rather than wait till next year and drop 4. Given the results of last year Abers and Parkville District finished bottom 2 so they need to come back and even up the grades. North B1 is still a grade which first eleven sides play each other it's not a grade of mixs as happens in the MMVCA and I think the VTCA should treat it as just that. To me it's about ensuring the top 2 are given the upmost priority which is fine given they are usually the strongest local sides going around but the other 2 divisions get nothing. Why wouldn't you look at south, north A&B being determined geographically (hopefully I spelt that right) and having 10 teams in each. Would work for me and has worked with some of the football comps going back to this scenario. The subbies have 2 divisions with the winners of each division playing off in a grand final which you could also have with the winner having the opprtunity to go to senior A. You will find the comps would be very even and the prize to move up to some serious cricket a great incentive. Sniffin around I could talk to you at length on ways this scenario can be worked for all and sundry but we don't have that much time.:D
You are right about geagraphically. Alot of players don"t like to travel much more than 15 minutes from home to a game. Don"t agree with the scenario of 4 bottom sides heading south. One is fair enough. If I was a guru at one of those clubs that had an excellent oval [well maintained], great club rooms and a club employed curator that made good tracks not only for the home side but but also for the visitors, there is no way I would head south if the club did"nt finish bottom. NORTH B don"t have umps for most games. If clubs don"t like the level they are playing in they should win the flag and move up. Dropping clubs down for the sake of evening up a comp is not the answer. Having a bye whil"st not desireable is not the end of the world.

crazycricket;266941 said:
aberfeldie is the joke of the vtca, all they are are a bunch of pissheads who dont know cricket. they embarass themselves each week last year in every game they played.
and when you say new people at the club, surely you cannot be referring to people like p.singh

What do you mean dont know cricket we earnt that spot a few years ago now by winning nth b1 and yeah we have had some luck but every club needs luck at some point or another, in regards to players we have a number of new players dont be suprised when where winning games and are in the 4 this year

look at the rain fall, just now.

So what are the chances that first day of cricket will be called off due to no pitch ready.

Cant wait for round 1, that is if anybody plays

Opening Batsman;267120 said:
look at the rain fall, just now.

So what are the chances that first day of cricket will be called off due to no pitch ready.

Cant wait for round 1, that is if anybody plays

good rain today making the grounds all the more lusher.

our decks at youlden are coming along beautifully but of course thats no guarantee for a start!!

i reckon were gone for round 1 but whats new with the vtca!!

fooey5for10;267132 said:
good rain today making the grounds all the more lusher.

our decks at youlden are coming along beautifully but of course thats no guarantee for a start!!

i reckon were gone for round 1 but whats new with the vtca!!

last few years youlden parkville decks have been below standard, both grounds! Blame the council for that I suppose, or do the council sub contract it out to whoever.

We need the rain, grounds are as hard as a rock. The VTCA should be reluctant to call Round 1 off, it just encourages sides to not bother preparing a wicket if their club's at no disadvantage by doing so.

Cash Man;267257 said:
We need the rain, grounds are as hard as a rock. The VTCA should be reluctant to call Round 1 off, it just encourages sides to not bother preparing a wicket if their club's at no disadvantage by doing so.

I agree they should'nt call it off because teams just don't bother we should be doing everything possible to play rnd 1.

Opening Batsman;267152 said:
last few years youlden parkville decks have been below standard, both grounds! Blame the council for that I suppose, or do the council sub contract it out to whoever.

agree with that, brother. weve argued with them many times about the quality of the decks but it almost always falls on deaf ears. i dont know whether the council or a subcontractor are responsible.

all we want are even decks for 2 good games of cricket!!

AbersChangedTeam;267263 said:
I agree they should'nt call it off because teams just don't bother we should be doing everything possible to play rnd 1.

Abers obviously things have changed, last year the boys would have stayed on holidays with the kids persuming that round 1 would be called off, or as you say just don't prepare a wicket. I wish your boys all the best but you will soon realise it's a very hard gig changing a losing culture at a club when it has been there for so long. You can bring all the players you like in but it's the 'vibe' about the place.

Cash Man;267257 said:

AbersChangedTeam;267263 said:

well, going on past seasons, weve almost always missed the first weekend & started on the second so i guess its not really that big a deal if we miss... gives us all more time to hone our skills & keep on finding our cricket muscles!!

couldn't agree more with you guys, the clown's over at Abers, on recent history dont deserve a spot in North A1.

just heard a whisper however that they have signed two guns. a quick, and a top order bat.

Can anyone confirm?? if rumour is true maybe they are getting serious....

SHAGGY;267310 said:
couldn't agree more with you guys, the clown's over at Abers, on recent history dont deserve a spot in North A1.

just heard a whisper however that they have signed two guns. a quick, and a top order bat.

Can anyone confirm?? if rumour is true maybe they are getting serious....

As I said Shaggy....... culture! Sign as many as you want but if the same core of players is there they will only provide some nice stats to look at. Will these two 'guns' remain to play in North B:D

Guru14;267313 said:
As I said Shaggy....... culture! Sign as many as you want but if the same core of players is there they will only provide some nice stats to look at. Will these two 'guns' remain to play in North B:D

yeah fair call. your probably right, but if these rumours are true these players could take them a long way..... still cant wait to play them but...bunch of spuds

Guru14;267269 said:
Abers obviously things have changed, last year the boys would have stayed on holidays with the kids persuming that round 1 would be called off, or as you say just don't prepare a wicket. I wish your boys all the best but you will soon realise it's a very hard gig changing a losing culture at a club when it has been there for so long. You can bring all the players you like in but it's the 'vibe' about the place.

Definatley things have changed and changing that losing culture is next on the list, but you need to start somewhere and too get some qulity players to the club does not hurt and these guys are quility and all class and bring that proffesionalism with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back