VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

braybrookbonghead;269950 said:
Lets Clarify a few points. Byrne is not injured and ready to go for the start of the season, and i've been told he is training the house down at his new club St.albans and they will be in the mix for sure.

Other teams to be up there will be Tulla, they snagged St.Albans ex-coach David "million $$$ man" Roach for a lazy $15,000. They also ofered to fly him form avalon airport to tulla airport on game days to save him the ong drive from geelong. Not bad for a bloke who is on the wrong side of 40 and couldn't make a run to save him self towards the end of the season last year. Big risk taking someone like him, is he too old??? The heirarchy at Tulla will be hoping he can fire, otherwise he will be on a flight to UZBEKATAN by the end of the season!!!!

In other news to come out of the weekend Asif Jan no longer coaching Airport West and has been asked to be cleared to Avondale Heights. Apparently they have offered him $20,000 to captain coach as they are struggling to get players and he has decided to accept. Not the first time he has done this, good way too lose mates!!!!! First druids, then st.albans, what are your opinions on this matter????

7/564;269979 said:
KP has the pom that played with Doutta a couple of years ago.

Fairly sharp:(

Where's J Manning? not playing this year.

Hi boys can anyone tell me where David Zahorodni is playing this year! He was the former professional at Tullamarine and from all reports he has moved on. I had heard that he had found his way back to Essendon but didn't play on the weekend? He would be a massive loss for Tulla if he has gone. One stage I thought he too was going to find his way to AWSC as he started playing football there during the winter. Can anyone shed some light on this?

braybrookbonghead;269950 said:
Lets Clarify a few points. Byrne is not injured and ready to go for the start of the season, and i've been told he is training the house down at his new club St.albans and they will be in the mix for sure.

Other teams to be up there will be Tulla, they snagged St.Albans ex-coach David "million $$$ man" Roach for a lazy $15,000. They also ofered to fly him form avalon airport to tulla airport on game days to save him the ong drive from geelong. Not bad for a bloke who is on the wrong side of 40 and couldn't make a run to save him self towards the end of the season last year. Big risk taking someone like him, is he too old??? The heirarchy at Tulla will be hoping he can fire, otherwise he will be on a flight to UZBEKATAN by the end of the season!!!!

In other news to come out of the weekend Asif Jan no longer coaching Airport West and has been asked to be cleared to Avondale Heights. Apparently they have offered him $20,000 to captain coach as they are struggling to get players and he has decided to accept. Not the first time he has done this, good way too lose mates!!!!! First druids, then st.albans, what are your opinions on this matter????

Firstly bong head

go to

http://salvos.org.au/need-help/drugs-and-alcohol/documents/Dangers_of_Drugs_Aug03MARIJUANA.pdf

Secondly in response to AHCC signing a new captain/coach, one word

ASIF

having played against Asif Jan a few years back he is a decent player...but a $20,000 player i almost broke a rib laughing.If a club has that money floating around you'd be better off spending it better then that.
Might free up some more money for Taylor and Jones 'boot' money funds.
Looking at the vtca transfers it says O'keefe is a former pro....so does that mean that either Baker or Bronca were playing for nothing last year?

underarm bowler;270088 said:
having played against Asif Jan a few years back he is a decent player...but a $20,000 player i almost broke a rib laughing.If a club has that money floating around you'd be better off spending it better then that.
Looking at the vtca transfers it says O'keefe is a former pro....so does that mean that either Baker or Bronca were playing for nothing last year?

Of course one of them was playing for nothing. You know how serious the VTCA uphold their professional players policy. Just look

A8.7 No player other than the permitted professional\s shall receive remuneration or reward either directly or indirectly for playing cricket with any VTCA Club.
The penalty for breach of this rule may extend to disqualification for life for the player and the Club involved may be expelled from the VTCA, such penalties to be determined by the Executive Council as it sees fit.

VTCA seem to be UNFIT

What's up with Darrel Brown's VISA. He surely must be a permanent resident by now. Watch out Villawood Detention Centre is looking good!!!!

So who is the other paid professional at AWStChris.

BTW are we talking $20,000 AUD or peso's

Uncle Windows;270068 said:
Firstly bong head

go to

http://salvos.org.au/need-help/drugs-and-alcohol/documents/Dangers_of_Drugs_Aug03MARIJUANA.pdf

Secondly in response to AHCC signing a new captain/coach, one word

ASIF

Uncle Windows, reading ur posts it is clear that AH is close to ur heart & u must have some serious involvement either on or off the field at Avondale. So can u confirm that u blokes have got ASIF.

To me it seems very unlikely, first $20,000, he's a decent player but not worth 20K even baker/j taylor don't deserve that much dough at Nth A level.

& secondly if u r paying anywhere close to that much then he better be clear to play in rnd 1 or the latest rnd 2.

so if u got him? how much really r u blokes paying him?

Re: Vtca 2008/09

DouttanProud;269484 said:
If you want to play 1st Xl cricket , they are your club.
As 1 spot has recently been filled by another professional ,that makes 2 pro's , there are now only NINE spots to fill in the team.
Get down there this thursday night and get your name into the barrel and hope you are one of the 9 lucky one's who is drawn out to play in the 1's.

Well congratulations, I bet you needed a calculator to work out that 2+9=11?
:D

underarm bowler;270088 said:

Yes that does mean they were playing 4 the love of the club,
but i am sure they will be well looked after this year.

shane warne the 2nd;270245 said:
mick megne
where are you playing this year
i hear you have been offered alot of money elsewhere

i heard mickey megne has gone to darwin for the season for high altitude training he will be back with the vtca next seson in full form bowling the best bouncers on this side of the westgate but i hope spotty dont try pick him up for ten grand because we are banking on him to be are weapon in 09/10

ANCC;270471 said:
i heard mickey megne has gone to darwin for the season for high altitude training he will be back with the vtca next seson in full form bowling the best bouncers on this side of the westgate but i hope spotty dont try pick him up for ten grand because we are banking on him to be are weapon in 09/10

Anyone no who the new pom is for westmeadows? Ben Weston

AbersChangedTeam;270477 said:
Anyone no who the new pom is for westmeadows? Ben Weston

did u mean Ben Walker -Overseas permit
don't know who he is but if they poached him from OS to play 1X1 he must go OK,

Tell us about your pro's we know all about NYHUS, but who is this A Shanahan? IS he a bat/ball , what r ur expectations of him

ROY G BIV;270478 said:
did u mean Ben Walker -Overseas permit
don't know who he is but if they poached him from OS to play 1X1 he must go OK,

Tell us about your pro's we know all about NYHUS, but who is this A Shanahan? IS he a bat/ball , what r ur expectations of him

Top Order Bat and classy off spinner 10 years district 1's and 2's brings experience will make runs and take wickets also picked up sharp bowler from sydney has'nt played for a couple of years and can play. With some of the other guys to stand up should be in a strong position.

Dingo_Jones;269663 said:
Good one Heywood Jablowme. {Don't trip over your big red shoes} Reminds me of a fellow from Bengal, who used to do tricks in the hall. His favourite trick was to stand on his prick and spin around the hall on one ball.:D
Good one Dingo Jones.What about:-

There was a young dentist named Malone
Who saw the good looking patients alone
And out of depravity, he filled the wrong cavity
It's the reason his business has grown

7/564;270498 said:
Lets hope the grounds are ready this week.

We have been playing practice matches for the last 3 weeks on ours

If the VTCA need 50% of grounds available to make a start then surely we'll be right to go this weekend. It seems that local councils are caring less and less about local cricket these days though - I'd be surprised if everyone got a start.

Cash Man;270504 said:
If the VTCA need 50% of grounds available to make a start then surely we'll be right to go this weekend. It seems that local councils are caring less and less about local cricket these days though - I'd be surprised if everyone got a start.

Thats half the problem with this comp some clubs pay out a fair amount of money for good curators, and if other grounds are not ready you dont get a game :mad:

AbersChangedTeam;270483 said:
Top Order Bat and classy off spinner 10 years district 1's and 2's brings experience will make runs and take wickets also picked up sharp bowler from sydney has'nt played for a couple of years and can play. With some of the other guys to stand up should be in a strong position.

A.Shanahan, top bloke ( well he was a few years ago ) not a bad player, but I would have went after his brother if your club is throwing money around.

batdocter;270510 said:
A.Shanahan, top bloke ( well he was a few years ago ) not a bad player, but I would have went after his brother if your club is throwing money around.

Yeah top bloke and can play the game and as I said will make runs and take wickets one step at time d. shanahan next year Aberfeldie on the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back