VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

been there done that;280386 said:
Dingo_Jones;280214 said:
Not sure if it was the same Mario? But being 11 years ago, that would have Made him what 41? Would have been bowling smoke for sure..... NOT!! Muzza bowls just above off spin pace now. Spot of advice, dont wear a box that is 10 years old, they tend to become weak and brittle and cause some damage instead of saving your nads!!!!:cool:
Yet he's able to take 14 wickets in a match. Must be doing something right.

been there done that;280386 said:
Dingo_Jones;280214 said:
Not sure if it was the same Mario? But being 11 years ago, that would have Made him what 41? Would have been bowling smoke for sure..... NOT!! Muzza bowls just above off spin pace now. Spot of advice, dont wear a box that is 10 years old, they tend to become weak and brittle and cause some damage instead of saving your nads!!!!:cool:
Yet he's able to take 14 wickets in a match. Must be doing something right.

tcnthat;280557 said:
No need to be so touchy about the Churches BigCoq. Fact is it is a lesser comp than blokes like CA's ability. Good on him for playing local with his bro, good player, good sledger, good sipper after the game and from my experience of playing against him, he should be making 1000 runs a year. No malice intended in my comments...

Also the suggestion there is no coin in the Churches is a bit off the mark, but I dont know or care whether CA is getting any. I made an assumption based on the fact he is a better player than that level.

I agree that is a great sledger and a good drinker off the field, not sure about this 1,000 runs claim though. Statistics show that 82.5% of Armstrong's runs come from over Cow Corner, not sure about the longevity in playing that type of game. Not too many players make 1,000 in a season and if they even got close they would have a lot better temperament than Armstrong. Menzies was the one who always looked the best bat in that side and his 130 odd last round supports that.

Anyway Willy are flying under the new skipper so I guess they laugh last.

tcnthat;280557 said:
No need to be so touchy about the Churches BigCoq. Fact is it is a lesser comp than blokes like CA's ability. Good on him for playing local with his bro, good player, good sledger, good sipper after the game and from my experience of playing against him, he should be making 1000 runs a year. No malice intended in my comments...

Also the suggestion there is no coin in the Churches is a bit off the mark, but I dont know or care whether CA is getting any. I made an assumption based on the fact he is a better player than that level.

I agree that is a great sledger and a good drinker off the field, not sure about this 1,000 runs claim though. Statistics show that 82.5% of Armstrong's runs come from over Cow Corner, not sure about the longevity in playing that type of game. Not too many players make 1,000 in a season and if they even got close they would have a lot better temperament than Armstrong. Menzies was the one who always looked the best bat in that side and his 130 odd last round supports that.

Anyway Willy are flying under the new skipper so I guess they laugh last.

Whats the thoughts for this weeks Snr Div???

OEG v S/C
McK v Hamp
Dout v Spot
A/W v RPB
Y/C v Keil
Y/P v A/N

A few big games - A/W v RPB and Y/C v Keil in particular. Think this weeks results could really start to shape the season. If sides like Doutta, OEG, Y/P A/N lose, then it may leave 5-6 sides fighting out for the 4.

OEG v S/C
McK v Hamp
Dout v Spot
A/W v RPB
Y/C v Keil
Y/P v A/N

A few big games - A/W v RPB and Y/C v Keil in particular. Think this weeks results could really start to shape the season. If sides like Doutta, OEG, Y/P A/N lose, then it may leave 5-6 sides fighting out for the 4.

OEG v S/C - South Caulfeild will be too good and will win in a high scoring match, would not write OEG off though
McK v Hamp- Could go either way, possible outright as well, interesting to see hom McKinnons import goes against Hamptons batting lineup
Dout v Spot- Doutta to notch up first win of the season at home and with no large race meets on we could see some players return for them.
A/W v RPB- A/W to bounce back and cause a minor upset against the undefeated Royal Park
Y/C v Keil- Yarraville club fairly comfortably
Y/P v A/N- This one could go either way a must win game for altona if they dont wont to find themselves in an uneasy position fighting to avoid relegation, could be a season defining moment for them

OEG v S/C - South Caulfeild will be too good and will win in a high scoring match, would not write OEG off though
McK v Hamp- Could go either way, possible outright as well, interesting to see hom McKinnons import goes against Hamptons batting lineup
Dout v Spot- Doutta to notch up first win of the season at home and with no large race meets on we could see some players return for them.
A/W v RPB- A/W to bounce back and cause a minor upset against the undefeated Royal Park
Y/P v A/N- This one could go either way a must win game for altona if they dont wont to find themselves in an uneasy position fighting to avoid relegation, could be a season defining moment for them

tcnthat;280557 said:

Yeah, he probably does'nt value his wicket as much these days, but lets give credit where credit is due.
I remember him as a young bat who could play every shot in the book and play them well he did. He went to footscray premier club but was unable to meet the demands expected of premier cricketers as he had a young family as I recall.

He arrived at sunshine druids and in a semi-final match v's sunshine united when the s.c.a. competition was at it's height. I had the privelege of witnessing one of the best hundreds I've ever seen in 30 years of watching cricket at our level.

Sunshine United had a bowling attack that used to hunt in packs, who gave you nothing. Most sides that played them were lucky if they could scratch out 180 runs in an innings.

On this occasion druids made around 220 of which chris armstrongs contribution was around 110. Sushine united's bowlers knew he was druids best bat and they gave him nothing all day. Bowling short of a length around the line of off stump. Chris with not much back lift was forced to squeeze balls out of his stumps all day picking up one's and two's with hardly a boundary. The memory of that innings has stayed with me for years.

tcnthat;280557 said:

Yeah, he probably does'nt value his wicket as much these days, but lets give credit where credit is due.
I remember him as a young bat who could play every shot in the book and play them well he did. He went to footscray premier club but was unable to meet the demands expected of premier cricketers as he had a young family as I recall.

He arrived at sunshine druids and in a semi-final match v's sunshine united when the s.c.a. competition was at it's height. I had the privelege of witnessing one of the best hundreds I've ever seen in 30 years of watching cricket at our level.

Sunshine United had a bowling attack that used to hunt in packs, who gave you nothing. Most sides that played them were lucky if they could scratch out 180 runs in an innings.

On this occasion druids made around 220 of which chris armstrongs contribution was around 110. Sushine united's bowlers knew he was druids best bat and they gave him nothing all day. Bowling short of a length around the line of off stump. Chris with not much back lift was forced to squeeze balls out of his stumps all day picking up one's and two's with hardly a boundary. The memory of that innings has stayed with me for years.

Millhouse;280414 said:
G.Turner update #13
Well it appears the Lifemembership run has ended for Turner and cohorts. Turner last seen in Laverton destroying an ATM at 4.00 in the morning screaming "Give me cash I'm a life member??" How the mighty have fallen in a short space of time. No cash coming in from the Green Trackies and he has turned to crime. His 2 fat mates in Petrolllliums and Taylor were seen ransacking the next door IGA for food? Taylor was seen biting the front door and Petrollliums screaming last week you ate the Kebab van give me a go.

Give it up mate it's getting a bit boring. Is your I.Q somewhere around two points below a turnip or can you claim somewhere a bit higher, such as maybe a carrot/

Millhouse;280414 said:
G.Turner update #13
Well it appears the Lifemembership run has ended for Turner and cohorts. Turner last seen in Laverton destroying an ATM at 4.00 in the morning screaming "Give me cash I'm a life member??" How the mighty have fallen in a short space of time. No cash coming in from the Green Trackies and he has turned to crime. His 2 fat mates in Petrolllliums and Taylor were seen ransacking the next door IGA for food? Taylor was seen biting the front door and Petrollliums screaming last week you ate the Kebab van give me a go.

Give it up mate it's getting a bit boring. Is your I.Q somewhere around two points below a turnip or can you claim somewhere a bit higher, such as maybe a carrot/

Dingo_Jones;280963 said:
How can you say G.Turner is boring?? He runs amok in current days unlike your good self who seems to recall an innnings occurring last century in the now very old and very defunct SCA comp?? If I or the Turner deciples are turnips or carrots why my friend are you talking about a bloke that made runs in a defunct league who now plays church comp on a VTCA thread?? Given your comment on watching cricket for 30 years I would suggest that the warm glow of being senile is kicking in to your good self. If you don't like Turner updates then don't read them!!!!! Time for your medication Mr Jones??

Dingo_Jones;280963 said:
How can you say G.Turner is boring?? He runs amok in current days unlike your good self who seems to recall an innnings occurring last century in the now very old and very defunct SCA comp?? If I or the Turner deciples are turnips or carrots why my friend are you talking about a bloke that made runs in a defunct league who now plays church comp on a VTCA thread?? Given your comment on watching cricket for 30 years I would suggest that the warm glow of being senile is kicking in to your good self. If you don't like Turner updates then don't read them!!!!! Time for your medication Mr Jones??

JUSTCALLME X;280679 said:

OEG v S/C
McK v Hamp
Dout v Spot
A/W v RPB
Y/C v Keil
Y/P v A/N

SC
McK
Spotty
In a potential GF preview - APW
YC
YP

OEG v S/C
McK v Hamp
Dout v Spot
A/W v RPB
Y/C v Keil
Y/P v A/N

SC
McK
Spotty
In a potential GF preview - APW
YC
YP

Dingo_Jones;280963 said:

Dont bag red heads mate,Mick megna,patcholli,aucello,smart ect would take
afence to being called a carrot.Maybe you should go back to north A+B thread with your mate Oracle.All you seem 2 do is bag blokes?whats your
claim 2 fame DINGO

Dingo_Jones;280963 said:

Dont bag red heads mate,Mick megna,patcholli,aucello,smart ect would take
afence to being called a carrot.Maybe you should go back to north A+B thread with your mate Oracle.All you seem 2 do is bag blokes?whats your
claim 2 fame DINGO

OEG v S/C
McK v Hamp
Dout v Spot
A/W v RPB
Y/C v Keil
Y/P v A/N

Sth Caul
Hamp
Spots - what excuse will Doutta run this week??
RPB - What a cracker game this will be
YC
AN - need to get off the bottom quick

OEG v S/C
McK v Hamp
Dout v Spot
A/W v RPB
Y/C v Keil
Y/P v A/N

Sth Caul
Hamp
YC

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;281178 said:
Sth Caul
Hamp
YC

Jugding by those comments, you must be a nuffy from Altona Nth.
From what i've read, Douttas have just been playing badly, i havent read anything from them whingeing or offering bad excuses.
RPB dont have the class(taylor/brown) of APW so given good conditions, Wests will win comfortably.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;281178 said:
Sth Caul
Hamp
YC

From what i've read, Douttas have just been playing badly, i havent read anything from them whingeing or offering bad excuses.
RPB dont have the class(taylor/brown) of APW so given good conditions, Wests will win comfortably.

BakersDozen;281181 said:

Doutta's excuses for the loss to Hampton included;
1. Lost the toss
2. Shit wicket prepared by cheats
3. Injuries
4. Rebuilding with 2 sixteen year-olds

And you obviously haven't seen the RPB side lately if you reckon they lack class. I agree APW have plenty but RPB have a fair bit too Contessa, Hillas, Maurice.

Your comments are either meant as a troll or you are indeed an idiot!!

BakersDozen;281181 said:

1. Lost the toss
3. Injuries

And you obviously haven't seen the RPB side lately if you reckon they lack class. I agree APW have plenty but RPB have a fair bit too Contessa, Hillas, Maurice.

OEG v S/C
McK v Hamp
Dout v Spot
A/W v RPB
Y/C v Keil
Y/P v A/N

hmmm
S/C
Hamp
Spot
Reckon RP/B are a very good team...
gonna go against the grain and say Keilor
i mean no-one expected them to win last year's semi
reckon another upset could be on the cards
and i think definetly Y/P

ohh and by the way OEG will be relegated...
garanteed when it threatens the old fellas will come out to play 1's again
e.g. dudderidge, ainsworth...

apparently they were aboslutely pathetic last week especially in the way they bowled to porter and guerra after having keilor on the ropes at 2/10...
and that 60 run partnership for the last wicket...

definelty looking forward to watching the RP/B and A/W game...
gonna be an absolute cracker!!!!

OEG v S/C
McK v Hamp
Dout v Spot
A/W v RPB
Y/C v Keil
Y/P v A/N

hmmm
S/C
Hamp
Spot
Reckon RP/B are a very good team...
gonna go against the grain and say Keilor
i mean no-one expected them to win last year's semi
reckon another upset could be on the cards
and i think definetly Y/P

ohh and by the way OEG will be relegated...
garanteed when it threatens the old fellas will come out to play 1's again
e.g. dudderidge, ainsworth...

apparently they were aboslutely pathetic last week especially in the way they bowled to porter and guerra after having keilor on the ropes at 2/10...
and that 60 run partnership for the last wicket...

definelty looking forward to watching the RP/B and A/W game...
gonna be an absolute cracker!!!!

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;281203 said:
1. Lost the toss
3. Injuries

those excuses aren't much
1. is just gay
3. u can't blame in injuries for losing outright, coz surely the guys replacing them are good enough, if not why pick them.
4. there are several clubs blooding youngstersand what about sc with their wicket keeper...
these excuses are looking pretty thin...
A/W has 2 i believe and so does yarraville club, and keilor has 3-4.

1. Lost the toss
3. Injuries

1. is just gay
3. u can't blame in injuries for losing outright, coz surely the guys replacing them are good enough, if not why pick them.
4. there are several clubs blooding youngstersand what about sc with their wicket keeper...

cherried_lid;281269 said:
1. is just gay

dont worry guys we'll hear from doutta guys once they start winning just like the footy club only hear from them were there winning, can remember last season them all bragging with b.tankard leading from the front how good they are, problem is when you pick clinton stuart in your side as a bat at number 7 and also have k.gray opening your never going to compete with the big boys in senior div... send them both back to that shit club in abers in you want to make in roads from here on in and try and get the little fijian back as soon as you can cause he'll do wonders for yous

cherried_lid;281269 said:
1. is just gay

dont worry guys we'll hear from doutta guys once they start winning just like the footy club only hear from them were there winning, can remember last season them all bragging with b.tankard leading from the front how good they are, problem is when you pick clinton stuart in your side as a bat at number 7 and also have k.gray opening your never going to compete with the big boys in senior div... send them both back to that shit club in abers in you want to make in roads from here on in and try and get the little fijian back as soon as you can cause he'll do wonders for yous

1. Lost the toss
3. Injuries

So if Doutta won the toss & batted would they still be called cheats? :rolleyes:

1. Lost the toss
3. Injuries

So if Doutta won the toss & batted would they still be called cheats? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back