VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Just a question to all, how many clubs are capable/allowed to put covers down on a Thursday night? With bad weather forcast for Friday, would go a long way to getting a game in on Saturday? I know the rules state "must be down by sun down Friday" or something like that?

Just a question to all, how many clubs are capable/allowed to put covers down on a Thursday night? With bad weather forcast for Friday, would go a long way to getting a game in on Saturday? I know the rules state "must be down by sun down Friday" or something like that?

ImpartialOnlooker;291474 said:
Just found this on the VTCA website....

26.11,08 - Jody Hutchinson - Keilor - C.O.B. 4 a - Suspended Sentence - 4 Matches to Season end 2009/10

Thoughts?

Is that his suspended sentence from the GF a few years back??

It looks like a new one!!

ImpartialOnlooker;291474 said:
Just found this on the VTCA website....

26.11,08 - Jody Hutchinson - Keilor - C.O.B. 4 a - Suspended Sentence - 4 Matches to Season end 2009/10

Thoughts?

Too Old Body Broke;291481 said:
I would leave them off this week as we will get so much rain on Friday and Saturday as well.If we get as much as they are saying covers will be useless might as well give them a soaking.
ANY THOUGHTS

PS Covers can go down anytime during the week

Too Old Body Broke;291481 said:
I would leave them off this week as we will get so much rain on Friday and Saturday as well.If we get as much as they are saying covers will be useless might as well give them a soaking.
ANY THOUGHTS

JUSTCALLME X;291485 said:

From what I can recall, copped a couple of matches a couple of years ago for having a crack at a couple of VTCA Exec members over an umpiring decision.
Ckecked C.O.D. 4a - abuse of cricket equipment.
Word is he threw his bat on to the Clubhouse roof - hardly a hanging offence I would have thought.

JUSTCALLME X;291485 said:

From what I can recall, copped a couple of matches a couple of years ago for having a crack at a couple of VTCA Exec members over an umpiring decision.
Ckecked C.O.D. 4a - abuse of cricket equipment.
Word is he threw his bat on to the Clubhouse roof - hardly a hanging offence I would have thought.

southern sledge;291490 said:
ANY THOUGHTS

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the idea of having covers to ensure we get to play cricket on a Saturday as often as possible?? And if they are left off tomorrow night/Friday, and it rains like they predict on Friday, then there is no chance of play Sat. Surely the rain we got yesterday is sufficient water for the week? If covers are put down on a Thursday nite, rains Friday, and only showers Sat, surely, surely you would get a game started? You aren't on the Exec are you? Sounds that way? And my original question was not "when can they go down", but are clubs prepared or allowed (by councils etc) to put them down?

southern sledge;291490 said:
ANY THOUGHTS

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the idea of having covers to ensure we get to play cricket on a Saturday as often as possible?? And if they are left off tomorrow night/Friday, and it rains like they predict on Friday, then there is no chance of play Sat. Surely the rain we got yesterday is sufficient water for the week? If covers are put down on a Thursday nite, rains Friday, and only showers Sat, surely, surely you would get a game started? You aren't on the Exec are you? Sounds that way? And my original question was not "when can they go down", but are clubs prepared or allowed (by councils etc) to put them down?

Vicious and Well Directed;291491 said:
Abuse of equipment...?!

What happened to the bloke from Chelt that had a similar charge?

i dunno..... that Jodys bat ended up on the roof at keilor, after a barrage of abuse..
is not a hanging offence but surely there has to come to a point where continued behavior like this means something to a tribunal. especially from a player as experienced as Jody?

A guilty plea should not automatically result in a suspended sentence.

Vicious and Well Directed;291491 said:
Abuse of equipment...?!

What happened to the bloke from Chelt that had a similar charge?

i dunno..... that Jodys bat ended up on the roof at keilor, after a barrage of abuse..
is not a hanging offence but surely there has to come to a point where continued behavior like this means something to a tribunal. especially from a player as experienced as Jody?

Too Old Body Broke;291495 said:
No i am not, but you tell me how do you stop the water getting on the table when it rains for 24 hours.Even the Junction Oval with full covers struggles with more than 15mm of rain.
I have checked the rules covers can go down at anytime during the week, that means Monday night if its going to rain the next couple of days.

Too Old Body Broke;291495 said:
No i am not, but you tell me how do you stop the water getting on the table when it rains for 24 hours.Even the Junction Oval with full covers struggles with more than 15mm of rain.
I have checked the rules covers can go down at anytime during the week, that means Monday night if its going to rain the next couple of days.

ImpartialOnlooker;291497 said:

Plays with a bit of passion, let's not over sterilise the game. He could well be the man who pulls Keilor into the finals this season.

ImpartialOnlooker;291497 said:

Plays with a bit of passion, let's not over sterilise the game. He could well be the man who pulls Keilor into the finals this season.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;291722 said:

No doubt that he has the ability to do that, but is there a common trend that the better players, or players with reputations get looked after in this comp?? If what Jody did had happened in a 3rds game for example (with umpires) would that player have been given a suspended sentence??? The VTCA seems to want all the good players playing all the time, regardless of behaviour. It took Taylor and Russell to punch on for a suspension to be handed out. It seems you can get away with a fair bit.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;291722 said:

No doubt that he has the ability to do that, but is there a common trend that the better players, or players with reputations get looked after in this comp?? If what Jody did had happened in a 3rds game for example (with umpires) would that player have been given a suspended sentence??? The VTCA seems to want all the good players playing all the time, regardless of behaviour. It took Taylor and Russell to punch on for a suspension to be handed out. It seems you can get away with a fair bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back