VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

JUSTCALLME X;291744 said:
No doubt that he has the ability to do that, but is there a common trend that the better players, or players with reputations get looked after in this comp?? If what Jody did had happened in a 3rds game for example (with umpires) would that player have been given a suspended sentence??? The VTCA seems to want all the good players playing all the time, regardless of behaviour. It took Taylor and Russell to punch on for a suspension to be handed out. It seems you can get away with a fair bit.

Agree with that, although what was the story with yasas tilakeratne?

JUSTCALLME X;291744 said:
No doubt that he has the ability to do that, but is there a common trend that the better players, or players with reputations get looked after in this comp?? If what Jody did had happened in a 3rds game for example (with umpires) would that player have been given a suspended sentence??? The VTCA seems to want all the good players playing all the time, regardless of behaviour. It took Taylor and Russell to punch on for a suspension to be handed out. It seems you can get away with a fair bit.

Battler;291752 said:

Not sure.

I must admit, i dont think the umpires use the card system the way they should. Have seen some guys get away with murder!

Battler;291752 said:

Not sure.

I must admit, i dont think the umpires use the card system the way they should. Have seen some guys get away with murder!

Battler;291752 said:

He's a yapping little character, can imagine he'd annoy the umps and McInness & Friends as much as everyone else.

Agree with the higher profile players getting away with far more than your average park battlers. Even for a suspended sentence Jody's sentence is harsh, 4 weeks is over the top and an 18 month 'parole period' is a good stretch!

Battler;291752 said:

He's a yapping little character, can imagine he'd annoy the umps and McInness & Friends as much as everyone else.

Agree with the higher profile players getting away with far more than your average park battlers. Even for a suspended sentence Jody's sentence is harsh, 4 weeks is over the top and an 18 month 'parole period' is a good stretch!

Vicious and Well Directed;291775 said:

He has priors which wouldnt have helped!

Vicious and Well Directed;291775 said:

He has priors which wouldnt have helped!

Too Old Body Broke;291481 said:
Just a question to all, how many clubs are capable/allowed to put covers down on a Thursday night? With bad weather forcast for Friday, would go a long way to getting a game in on Saturday? I know the rules state "must be down by sun down Friday" or something like that?
Most clubs train on Thursdays which allows them to put the covers down.

Too Old Body Broke;291481 said:
Just a question to all, how many clubs are capable/allowed to put covers down on a Thursday night? With bad weather forcast for Friday, would go a long way to getting a game in on Saturday? I know the rules state "must be down by sun down Friday" or something like that?
Most clubs train on Thursdays which allows them to put the covers down.

You heheard it here fefirst T Lamb to dedominate the rest of this season and return inta district ones nenext season. Not popular with you blokes but aybility wise shouldn't even be inta VTCA.

You heheard it here fefirst T Lamb to dedominate the rest of this season and return inta district ones nenext season. Not popular with you blokes but aybility wise shouldn't even be inta VTCA.

Ben Dover;292255 said:
Think you're on the money there 7 for, but not for the reason you mentioned.

Care to enlighten us with the reason, or is it private? Has the $$$ dried up at Doutta? I remember last year the Doutta fans were pumping how much Green and co were playing for the love of the club. Hmm.

Either way, big loss for a team yet to win a game.

Ben Dover;292255 said:
Think you're on the money there 7 for, but not for the reason you mentioned.

Care to enlighten us with the reason, or is it private? Has the $$$ dried up at Doutta? I remember last year the Doutta fans were pumping how much Green and co were playing for the love of the club. Hmm.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;292271 said:

Judging by a quick look at his stats this year, not that big a loss.

I hear he got a job offer too good to refuse & will be back for next season.

He has a Senior Division Premiership under his belt. Do you?

Ben Dover;292279 said:

Wasn't having a go at him but if biting back at me will help you feel better about not winning a game this season, then go for your life. He is a quality player and one of the stories of the year last year.

Ben Dover;292279 said:

Wasn't having a go at him but if biting back at me will help you feel better about not winning a game this season, then go for your life. He is a quality player and one of the stories of the year last year.

Word has it he was next in line for the curators job so he bolted.

Word has it he was next in line for the curators job so he bolted.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;292304 said:

Sounded like you were having a go at the most successful Senior Division club in the last 10 years.

Probably just the typical tall poppy syndrome.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;292304 said:

Sounded like you were having a go at the most successful Senior Division club in the last 10 years.

Probably just the typical tall poppy syndrome.

7/564;292234 said:
Rumor has it R. Green has gone back to Darwin.

Might have something to do with a players gf

Heard the same rumour 7fa, caught having 'relations' on the weekend with someone he shouldn't have and sent home....
"it's either him or me" was the cry from the local....

7/564;292234 said:
Rumor has it R. Green has gone back to Darwin.

Might have something to do with a players gf

Heard the same rumour 7fa, caught having 'relations' on the weekend with someone he shouldn't have and sent home....
"it's either him or me" was the cry from the local....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back