VTCA Twenty20 Trophy

Battler

VTCA Twenty20 Trophy

Good effort by the league to get this up and running. Format, rules and fixtures are available on the website. The 20/20 trophy will be supporting the McGrath foundation and hopefully a lot can be raised throughout the tournament.

I thought this thread could be used as the discussion thread for the tournament.

Re: VTCA Twenty20 Trophy

beached as;370301 said:
Just had a quick read of the rules, doesn't seem to be bowling restrictions.

Surely not?

Yes i noticed the same thing. Surely it will be 5 bowlers 4 overs each

Good effort by the VTCA.

Don't know about the knockout format, means only 1 game for half the teams.
Seems it's been geared so that a final can coincide with this McGrath thing.

Better off entering the JATA comp - you're guranteed 4 games.

What's the deal with the seedings(or lack there of)??? Why are senior division teams starting in the first round, with North B1 teams getting a free ride into the second round? Seems pretty stupid that Airport West and Altona North get each other first up.

Schofield;370539 said:
What's the deal with the seedings(or lack there of)??? Why are senior division teams starting in the first round, with North B1 teams getting a free ride into the second round? Seems pretty stupid that Airport West and Altona North get each other first up.

Think it was just drawn "out of a hat" with no seedings as such. If ya good enough youll get through

jika jika;370613 said:
Think it was just drawn "out of a hat" with no seedings as such. If ya good enough youll get through

Will clubs be taken this seriously or will they play players not playing in there 1st XI and mix it up with giving players who have no chance playing in there one's a game?

Thoughts please

Have clubs playing round one picked a day/date and time that the game will be played?

would be good to pop down for a look

StAndrewsman;371562 said:
did teams choose to enter, or did the league choose the teams? Just wondering why all teams arent picked for a game

Clubs were asked on their affiliation forms whether they were interested in entering a 20/20 comp. Those who elected not too are not part of it.

I'm sure all competing clubs will field their strongest possible line-up.

10notout;371559 said:
Will clubs be taken this seriously or will they play players not playing in there 1st XI and mix it up with giving players who have no chance playing in there one's a game?

Thoughts please

Ast this is a unconventional form of the game, the first XI players at the clubs are not necessarily the best suited at it., meanung that if joe bloe in the 4th's has a good eye and can hit a bill outta the park but little johnny in the 1's who is an accumulator can bat 50 overs and score 60 runs who would you play?, you would surely play joe yeah?

this form of the game is not about who has the best 'PLAYERS' in it, but more along the lines of the best 'HITTERS' and tightest 'Bowlers'.

Having played this format in Tassie and Perth, the thing ive learnt as a bowler in 20/20's is that the worst the technique of the batter, the harder to get on top of them. you can bowl a ball that would get test wickets, but unconventional types of players suited to 20/20 would somehow manage to score a boundary off it.

Call me stupid, but i'm prediction 2 smokies for the final, possibly from the lower grades.

10notout;371559 said:

Thoughts please

I think we will take it serious in round 1 knowing Shane King is back in the 1's at Werribee Centrals. Ive already started winding up our coach for a spell of quick bowling, just a gentle payback to Shane for all those nasty things he use to say to us from the gully in his Maribynong days. Hope they bat 2nd, light may not be much good by then.

jika jika;371623 said:
I think we will take it serious in round 1 knowing Shane King is back in the 1's at Werribee Centrals. Ive already started winding up our coach for a spell of quick bowling, just a gentle payback to Shane for all those nasty things he use to say to us from the gully in his Maribynong days. Hope they bat 2nd, light may not be much good by then.

Love your work Jika,

Shane is now an old man and can longer hit it off the square (not that he ever could).
Not sure if he will get picked for the 20/20's. He may now have a hamstring problem after reading your post.;)

look forward to catching up with you guys.

1st game in south is old mentonians v brighton district this tuesday 27/10 from 5pm. Good weather predicted at least.

is there a final between the sth winner and winner from nth? or is it a sth vs sth and nth vs nth final on the same day at the same venue to make it a spectacle?

Kev Davis;372082 said:
is there a final between the sth winner and winner from nth? or is it a sth vs sth and nth vs nth final on the same day at the same venue to make it a spectacle?

The winner of the quarter finals will make up a final 4 (2 from Nth and 2 from Sth) . It will be these 4 teams that make up the semi's and GF to be played on Sunday 17th January, at TEAC Oval Port Melbourne. The aim being to make a huge spectacle of the 'Finals Series'. As it is supporting the McGrath Foundation, they will have some presence on the day. It also has the support of Cricket Victoria, who have promised to back the day however possible. Weather permitting, it should be a good days cricket for people to come and watch !!

whats the go with this...
i know teams submitted their interest but some clubs havnt even been contacted as to when games are to be played etc.... but then games appear on line in the fixture on the vtca webpage?? surely someone from the league would notify clubs when games are to be played?

Back