VTCA Under 21 09/10

southern sledge

VTCA Under 21 09/10

The VTCA have been contacting clubs in the last few weeks with requests for players for the U/21 comp, North and South. I believe this is a great opportunity for young players to represent the VTCA and to form friendships with players from other clubs. They play against the other Associations in the VMCU at this level and having helped out in the past it is a great chance for young players to play rep. cricket.
In the past clubs have been reluctant to pass on information to young players about the Neil Wright shield which we play for.
Thoughts please.

Re: VTCA Under 21 09/10

southern sledge;364339 said:
The VTCA have been contacting clubs in the last few weeks with requests for players for the U/21 comp, North and South. I believe this is a great opportunity for young players to represent the VTCA and to form friendships with players from other clubs. They play against the other Associations in the VMCU at this level and having helped out in the past it is a great chance for young players to play rep. cricket.
In the past clubs have been reluctant to pass on information to young players about the Neil Wright shield which we play for.
Thoughts please.

its about time the clubs pulled there finger out and made sure that these guys were all available i know that in the DDCA if someone is selected for the rep side and they dont front then they get suspended , which probably shows why that comps u21's are usually the best going around as they play all there best players , you would like to think that the VTCA if at full strength would be to strong for any of the other comps taking part in this .just my humble opinion !!

Max;364419 said:
its about time the clubs pulled there finger out and made sure that these guys were all available i know that in the DDCA if someone is selected for the rep side and they dont front then they get suspended , which probably shows why that comps u21's are usually the best going around as they play all there best players , you would like to think that the VTCA if at full strength would be to strong for any of the other comps taking part in this .just my humble opinion !!

I have played in the U21s, and it was really enjoyable to meet blokes you play against. But its a matter of blokes wanting to play as well. Yes it is a good feather in the cap to play, but the fact of the matter is blokes who qualify often have work on Sundays which makes it difficult.

I'm not sure how many senior divison teams had 1st XI kids under 21 years of age in their team during the season, but most of the players who played last year generally did play 1st XI cricket in the North A section.

beached as;364429 said:
I have played in the U21s, and it was really enjoyable to meet blokes you play against. But its a matter of blokes wanting to play as well. Yes it is a good feather in the cap to play, but the fact of the matter is blokes who qualify often have work on Sundays which makes it difficult.

I'm not sure how many senior divison teams had 1st XI kids under 21 years of age in their team during the season, but most of the players who played last year generally did play 1st XI cricket in the North A section.

Anyone want to name any guys that you think should make the squad?

sh sh shot;364649 said:
does any1 know the cut off date for age... im may 1988 and assuming i miss it by afew months.

I thought it was 1st September, but we had a bloke born 21 in July when we played.

Just give one of the powers that be a call and see what goes on.

DizzyGillepsie;364652 said:
i nominate 'The Beekeper' from Spotty. i think he's 18 or 19 and playing senior division.

Just because you play in senior division does not meen you should be an automatic selection.
As I believe it was said last years team was full of senior division players. Sure they must be decent players to be playing in Senior Division but it does not mean they are the best U/21 cricketers in the comp.
As long as a player is playing well in there 1stXI he should at least be looked at for selection.

10notout;364812 said:
Just because you play in senior division does not meen you should be an automatic selection.
As I believe it was said last years team was full of senior division players. Sure they must be decent players to be playing in Senior Division but it does not mean they are the best U/21 cricketers in the comp.
As long as a player is playing well in there 1stXI he should at least be looked at for selection.

thanks for your concern mate, but i didn't select him, i simply nominated him. i probably should have said "played in our 1's" rather than "played senior division". it's just coincidence that our 1's are in senior division, nothing more.

you can also refer to him as "nector collector" or "honey maker" if you don't like "the beekeeper"

10notout;364812 said:

That said, the Senior Div, is the top flight. And if your under 21 and playing 1's, that's a fair effort. Especially if you are holding down your given spot..
B.Pope & T.Jones (if he is still there) from Yarraville
I would have mentioned the young keeper from South Caulfield.

The young Keeper from South Caulfield is Lewis Palmer, he didn't play last year because of Pathway commitments, hopefuly the VTCA try and include him this year.

No doubt a great concept and one the VTCA have been drilling hard (and rightfully so).

Not sure at this level whether U21 rep cricket is such the 'feather in the cap'. Talented blokes at this age will already be trying their hand at district level, so let's not make it out as the 'be all and end all.'

Our club is encouraging the relevant youngsters to have a crack but from our experience its hard enough already to get them to commit to the club. Society has changed and playing cricket at every possible opportunity is not the priority it once was.

Southern Son;367749 said:
No doubt a great concept and one the VTCA have been drilling hard (and rightfully so).

Not sure at this level whether U21 rep cricket is such the 'feather in the cap'. Talented blokes at this age will already be trying their hand at district level, so let's not make it out as the 'be all and end all.'

Our club is encouraging the relevant youngsters to have a crack but from our experience its hard enough already to get them to commit to the club. Society has changed and playing cricket at every possible opportunity is not the priority it once was.

bloody gen Y's... some of them can't play cricket because they are twittering or on myspace or facebook. unbelievable!!

Hope they get a game this weekend after first 2 games washed out.

How do you think they will work out the winner's of both sections?

With every team only playing one gamehard to work out who the best teams are or will they re-schedule the washed out games?

7/564;379969 said:
Hope they get a game this weekend after first 2 games washed out.

How do you think they will work out the winner's of both sections?

With every team only playing one gamehard to work out who the best teams are or will they re-schedule the washed out games?

from what ive heard none of the games will be rescheduled

itll basicly be on percentage after this games win

so whoever has a massive win will get through, which is stupid

WristSpin;379976 said:

think you will find that it is just knockout now. there are 8 teams. 4 games to be played, the 4 winners will make it through to the semis. this is division 1 though of course. div 2 i have no idea about

FoUr MoRe;379988 said:
think you will find that it is just knockout now. there are 8 teams. 4 games to be played, the 4 winners will make it through to the semis. this is division 1 though of course. div 2 i have no idea about

dont only two sides go through though?

WristSpin;379976 said:

I heard the VT was trying to get at least round rescheduled but the VMCU put it in the too hard basket.

southern sledge;380078 said:
I heard the VT was trying to get at least round rescheduled but the VMCU put it in the too hard basket.

divy 1 has semi finals. top 4 go through. divy 2 only have a final where only 2 teams go through so i dont know how div 2 will work

Back