WACA test should be Hussey's last.

DizzywasRobbed

WACA test should be Hussey's last.

If selectors had any brains they would inform Huss that the WACA test will be his last.

I am a one-eyed sandgroper and it kills me to say it but at least his hometown fans could see him off proper, instead of getting shafted between tests with no real send-off. It would be ironic in a way if they chose to replace Hussey with a young up-and-comer who is scoring plenty, considering how long it took Huss to get a look in despite his first-class record.

I will be there to see a WA legend finish his (test)career in front of family and mates, hopefully.

Now, the rest of us from the west just have to wait the obligatory decade before another WA player is 'allowed' into the national test side.

Re: WACA test should be Hussey's last.

DizzywasRobbed;380280 said:
Now, the rest of us from the west just have to wait the obligatory decade before another WA player is 'allowed' into the national test side.
Turn it up. Langer, Katich, Hussey, plus honouraries like Gilchrist, North and Martyn - you lot have been positively overrepresented in recent years per head of population. Not to mention guys like Marsh, Voges and Duss in the limited overs sides.

You guys should join up with the Victorans and form a club.

Sounds like a very good plan. Would be a good way for him to retire.

The problem is that he doesn't have a state to go back and play first class for. He wouldn't have a team to play cricket with at the level he is at. He is still scoring aplenty in first class matches, his last three first class tour matches he averages 67. Would be a good snatch up to give the youngsters coming through someone to look up to.

Boris;380408 said:
The problem is that he doesn't have a state to go back and play first class for.
He's currently contracted to WA as their vice-captain...? :confused:

Caesar;380409 said:
He's currently contracted to WA as their vice-captain...? :confused:

Okay I might have my information wrong then.

I was sure I have seen that he no longer plays for WA, like Ponting no longer plays for Tasmania. Also there was talk about it on here in one of the threads.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Caesar;380414 said:
Looks like he's no longer vice-captain, but he's still on their squad page.

Incidentally, as is Ricky Ponting on Tasmania's.

I remember from somewhere.... somewhere being the optimal word.

I also remember seeing everyone listed with the teams they currently play for and the rest of the team had their states and county teams and IPL teams, but Hussey and Ponting only had Australia and their other ones, but not the states.

Your right though.

Good suggestion.

Our approach to cricket refuses to accept our new position as middle of the range test side. We are still arrogant pricks on the field (led by Ponting) and our selectors are still not turning over the side when performances are poor (for god sake Hauritz is not up to it).

How did Hussey even survive the Ashes.?I am really quite sick of players (like Hayden) saving their careers in the last tests of important series and then making themselves look good against average sides.

With all due respect to Hussey, he is no longer in the top six batsmen in the country and at his age we can no longer afford to have him in the side. I suppose the thing that will save him is that England will get their asses kicked when they come down here.

thommy_rissole;380858 said:
Completely off-topic now but how bad are the Tas photo's, I mean seriously they are pathetic. The photo-shop on Ponting's is embarrassing.

Did somebody shrink the heads of Hilfenhaus and Geeves?

The 82 he made would have been a good send off.

I think he is having a Hayden style bad form patch. Hayden used to struggle seeing the ball at all, and the way Hussey is playing, I think that's happening to him.

Hayden used to get his eye back with only one innings, or even one shot. Wonder if Huss can do the same.

And Bruno, Australia aren't arrogant pricks. You can tell this by the way India supercede them by about 10 times ;)

Back