Wadca u/17a

Re: Wadca u/17a

Mitcha;331585 said:
YWL, Willy made finals as expected, can you win it this year or will you guys stumble again when the heat is on?

Thats the question.
History suggests we alway stumble and its something we are going to have to overcome.
Last yr we were clearly the best side but were terrible in the grand final but this year the 4 sides are a lot more close in ability.
I'm not even worrying about the Grand Final yet, i just want to beat Hoppers this weekend.

Cricket Addict;331868 said:
Since the h&a matches are over and the finals are about to start. Anyone want to discuss the team of the season?

Best bat this year goes to James Cook 481 runs at 53.
Other batsmen would be:
Culliver(wbee centrals)
Shaw(altona nth)
Rainone(Willy)

Best Bowler this year easily Jerermy Ollis 18 wickets at 8.
Other bowlers:
Reyonlds(Wbee centrals)
McArdle(Altona Nth)
Gibbs(Werribee)

Mitcha;331585 said:
YWL, Willy made finals as expected, can you win it this year or will you guys stumble again when the heat is on?

well the 17a's have made the last 3 grannies with one win(underfeated) and 2 losses......
get over the first hurdle (semi final) all the guns play well no doubt they could make the ledger 2/2......

go willy

Young Willi Lad;331876 said:
Best bat this year goes to James Cook 481 runs at 53.
Other batsmen would be:
Culliver(wbee centrals)
Shaw(altona nth)
Rainone(Willy)

Best Bowler this year easily Jerermy Ollis 18 wickets at 8.
Other bowlers:
Reyonlds(Wbee centrals)
McArdle(Altona Nth)
Gibbs(Werribee)
Don't forget Andrew, he's had a great year. 330 runs at 47.1 is right up there.
What are your thoughts on best performing all-rounder and keeper?

weapons05/06;332172 said:
well the 17a's have made the last 3 grannies with one win(underfeated) and 2 losses......
get over the first hurdle (semi final) all the guns play well no doubt they could make the ledger 2/2......

go willy
Interesting to see Dan Davis in the results this week. Is he eligible for finals or is 1 match not enough? Anyways, I'm expecting Willy to beat Hoppers quite comfortably. The granny should be an even match seeing as Willy has lost to Werribee and Altona. Surely Altona can't do it again...

Cricket Addict;332599 said:
Don't forget Andrew, he's had a great year. 330 runs at 47.1 is right up there.
What are your thoughts on best performing all-rounder and keeper?

Yeh missed him he's been the second best bat this year then.
Finn Murphy has kept for us and is definetly not the best keeper in the comp but has had a good year, 8 catches a stumping and has made 226 runs at around 30.
McKenzie for the allrounder nearly even after only 7 games.
We haven't put the stats up from the Yarraville game but he got 3 for 9 off 6 and 15* which takes his season to 187 runs and 7 wickets which is handy from 7 games.

Cricket Addict;332603 said:
Interesting to see Dan Davis in the results this week. Is he eligible for finals or is 1 match not enough? Anyways, I'm expecting Willy to beat Hoppers quite comfortably. The granny should be an even match seeing as Willy has lost to Werribee and Altona. Surely Altona can't do it again...

Nah Dan doesn't qualify, its a pity he up with Cam D'Altera is probaly the best bat in the comp but oh well.
What do you think of Mitch Ferrie from Werribee Centrals as a bowler, i go to school with him but ive never seen him bowl at this level, did you rate him.
I reckon he could be in the top 5 bowlers in the comp.
Didn't get many wickets this year though.

Young Willi Lad;332661 said:
Nah Dan doesn't qualify, its a pity he up with Cam D'Altera is probaly the best bat in the comp but oh well.
What do you think of Mitch Ferrie from Werribee Centrals as a bowler, i go to school with him but ive never seen him bowl at this level, did you rate him.
I reckon he could be in the top 5 bowlers in the comp.
Didn't get many wickets this year though.
Don't know him off the top of my head but I looked at the match we played against Centrals earlier in the season and I remember he was the batsman that kept hitting lots of boundaries; almost won the game for them. His bowling I don't seem to remember so I don't know.
Speaking of who didn't get many wickets, Freeman has had a shocking year with the ball and even his batting has been down a bit, though he did make 82 on the weekend. I would have expected him to get better than 4 wickets @ 52.5 though. He bowls with reasonable pace but from what I've seen I think he needs to bowl fuller to give himself more of a chance at taking wickets.

jimmydcricket;335326 said:
willy 17s = chokers
what a calaps that was
I thought they would've bounced back from last year. Bit of a shame for them, they had the team to go all the way but their players just didn't stand up when it mattered. They were in the position to win with wickets in hand and needing 30 off 40 balls. 9/10 you win from there.
Werribee and Hoppers in the granny; could go either way I believe.

Back