Watching the ball

eddiesmith

Watching the ball

This season I am having a problem where I am missing full tosses as I dont see them untill the last minute, been bowled twice, hit in the chest once (and bowled next ball :p) and have not put bat on ball to any full toss all season

Against spinners I have no problems, their not quick enough to be a problem, but the quicker bowlers I always had an issue of lifting my head too early, so to combat that I think I am trying to keep the head down more and more focused and therefore whilst watching the ball more closely I think I am watching the bowler and the pitch so miss anything that comes out above the bowlers head and dont see it till the last second

I have slow reaction times so have trouble watching balls out of the hand and my way has worked quite well to non full tosses but I dont know what to do, dont know if batting more off stump so the stumps are more covered and when I do see it a straighter bat can be used on it or what

Other problem is full on leg stump, but have been working on my driving which will hopefully fix that as I get to it in front of me rather than letting it come to me and feeling for a flick as I have been will help that

Re: Watching the ball

Just keep your eyes on the ball the whole time even when the in fielders are passing it back to the bowler. This will get your eyes adjusted to the ball and you will see it easier.

Also make sure that you are not trying to hit every full toss out of the park as long as you make sure you middle it then it will do the rest of the work.

Back