Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Re: Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

We have all the measures in place to stop the majority of spam bots. Of course, no matter what, some will slip through the net, especially if they are humans doing the spamming.

If you see any spam then by all means report it and it will be dealt with.

Last time when i saw some popular Spam bots online like "usagirl”, "weiwei", I reported to you. There are 4-5 more in the member list. Anyway, it’s not important. :)

Indeed, these bots nowadays are not totally bots. As I was told by AB, these spambots are actually humans who first register and then the bot takes control.

Indeed, these bots nowadays are not totally bots. As I was told by AB, these spambots are actually humans who first register and then the bot takes control.
Humans only feed data in softwares like XRumer. Rest is done by the application. It defeat the Captcha and image verifications and email confirmations. However there many many hacks at vB.org which can defeat these bots too.

Humans are just used to fill the CAPTCHA, everything else is automated. However, I believe XRumer uses an automated method to crack CAPTCHA.

Spam or no spam I don't agree with new users having to be approved. We can easily implement something to prevent spam without causing inconvienience to genuine users.

AB;279900 said:
Humans are just used to fill the CAPTCHA, everything else is automated. However, I believe XRumer uses an automated method to crack CAPTCHA.

Spam or no spam I don't agree with new users having to be approved. We can easily implement something to prevent spam without causing inconvienience to genuine users.
Ok sounds fair to me.

However, I wouldn't mind keeping tabs on who the spammers are.

with my forum, I approve all new accounts because you would be surprised how many people do register only to spam. They usually have fake accounts and fake emails. They are easy to recognise as well.

That won't be unique or different from others. Bigcricket is going to have its own unique style of forum.

King_Razzak;282792 said:
how about making a stick cricket forum???:)
Stick Cricket can be currently discussed in the Cricket Games and Tipping forum. :)

Just one thing, you might want to remove the Champions Trophy 2008 sub-forum, especially as it never happened!

It went nowhere. It was just the link that was missing.

Something like this would be great.

It would take alot of work to get running but if we could it would probably attract alot of people.

A lot of the things you see on BigSoccer should make an appearence on BigCricket at some point. A lot depends on how busy the site gets etc.

I'm sure Huss can provide more details.

I think it's not possible for Huss to do this as he is a very busy guy. I think if we'll pay 5-10 $ to a good programmer at vB.org, he'll definately do this.

As MC said, a lot of stuff on BS eventually should make it to BC, so long as traffic justifies the expense.

Hitterman, we are more than a one man shop.

huss;298669 said:
As MC said, a lot of stuff on BS eventually should make it to BC, so long as traffic justifies the expense.

Sounds like we are in for a lot of fun then....

Thanks for that.

Then I think there are more than one "Huss" also.:p

Anyway, thanks for all the improvements. Just wondering if some missing images can be uploaded soon as its Christmas.

G'Day. Didn't think it was worth clogging up the board by starting another thread, So thought I'd post it in here.

When I signed up, I received emails to notify me of subscribed threads that other people have posted in after my post. I changed this as to not receive any notification emails but I still get them. Should this happen or have I changed the wrong thing?

Cheers

Back