West B 1 & 2 2011/2012

Hi didn't see a thread for west division open for discussion.

Ur boys would be very disapointed not to get on after posting such a good score.
We were only around the corner and we got a start 40 min late.
The difference was we do our own wicket and we thought we were a big show.
Funny how some teams just cant seem to get a wicket up when they are no show.

Ur boys would be very disapointed not to get on after posting such a good score.
We were only around the corner and we got a start 40 min late.
The difference was we do our own wicket and we thought we were a big show.
Funny how some teams just cant seem to get a wicket up when they are no show.

Council prepares our pitch, pitch was covered thursday night. I dont know the (exact) reason/s but i do know the run up at one end was a hell of a lot wetter than the first game. Disappointed for the 2's guy, would of expected them to defend 200 though.

As for the 1's we expected to play until we got there and a couple of their guys said to take the gumboots out with us. The outfield looked fine to myself ( but that was from pavilion to pitch, didnt walk the far side of ground so that could of been no good to), but the pitch wasn't playable.

Yeah was dissappointed not to get on the field but the boys made the most of a free day, Sainters style. noticed all the 2s games were washed out as well. We have the bye this week so probably going to be sunny lol.

i dont know if anyone from the new teams are on here, and it isnt that far into the saeson, but like to know what u guys think of the VTCA so far. A step up? Same level? Better players? Better Grounds? etc

What is the story with Seabrook, have they sacrifised there firsts so they can win the seconds flag. I cant see how your firsts can be last by the amount they are and there seconds be on top (they arent at the moment but will be because they have the top team on toast). Have they been selecting the seconds first and whats left plays firsts. Surely no club would do that because theyd have more pride, but they cant be relegated any lower than B1west.

What is the story with Seabrook, have they sacrifised there firsts so they can win the seconds flag. I cant see how your firsts can be last by the amount they are and there seconds be on top (they arent at the moment but will be because they have the top team on toast). Have they been selecting the seconds first and whats left plays firsts. Surely no club would do that because theyd have more pride, but they cant be relegated any lower than B1west.

No the priority is always on the 1st XI. Every team has their "what ifs" during the season and we're no different. Tied game in round 1 and been knocked over a couple of times chasing 150-odd. There's no excuses we just have to improve as a team.
As for the 2's they have been going along nicely and you'll find that quite a few players that have played 2nds have been promoted after good performances. In fact there are still players in the 1sts that could go down and play 2nds finals but they won't because they are needed in the 1's.
An issue we've had as a club is finding wicket keepers for our 3 sides, this is why we've had one player stay in the 2nds when his statistics indicate he probably should've gone up. But the 1sts have in no way been sacrificed and they are the main focus when teams are picked, with the 2nds and 3rds getting whatever is left over.

Interesting you should say that. I got the same impression. It appeared to me that the two's were being touted as the premier side of the club. Their captain Fletcher has a hugely demeaning attitude towards the opposition and his own players and comes across as a first class "A" Hole to his players as well. Judging by the comments from some of the Seabrook members. I reckon Fletcher was out twice caught behind before he was finally given out when he dollied a simple catch to short Mid-wicket. On both appeals for caught behind he immediately turned his back on the umpire almost to signal that he hadn"t nicked it. Umpire Frank Henry is the Seabrook President and has been officiating at all Seabrook two's home games this season.

I must say it is commendable that Seabrook has a member whom is able to umpire home games. I thought Frank Henry did an outstanding job for the two days.

As far as Fraczek is concerned, he's a good wkt keeper and a great bat. Certainly "A" Grade standard. What I like about his batting is that he plays his shots, which gives the bowlers a chance.(Certainly not a Smackers type bat) We dropped him early and he went on and made 75 before he was out caught behind to a beautiful little outswinger bowled by the old fella.

Seabrook should do well in the finals as their bowlers bowl a good consistent line and length and they have 6 bats averaging around 20, which should hold them in good stead. Their captain has good smarts and sets good fields and as such they should play in the Granny. Well balanced team.

Their opponent may well be Seddon who also have a well balanced side.

Interesting you should say that. I got the same impression. It appeared to me that the two's were being touted as the premier side of the club. Their captain Fletcher has a hugely demeaning attitude towards the opposition and his own players and comes across as a first class "A" Hole to his players as well. Judging by the comments from some of the Seabrook members. I reckon Fletcher was out twice caught behind before he was finally given out when he dollied a simple catch to short Mid-wicket. On both appeals for caught behind he immediately turned his back on the umpire almost to signal that he hadn"t nicked it. Umpire Frank Henry is the Seabrook President and has been officiating at all Seabrook two's home games this season.

I must say it is commendable that Seabrook has a member whom is able to umpire home games. I thought Frank Henry did an outstanding job for the two days.

As far as Fraczek is concerned, he's a good wkt keeper and a great bat. Certainly "A" Grade standard. What I like about his batting is that he plays his shots, which gives the bowlers a chance.(Certainly not a Smackers type bat) We dropped him early and he went on and made 75 before he was out caught behind to a beautiful little outswinger bowled by the old fella.

Seabrook should do well in the finals as their bowlers bowl a good consistent line and length and they have 6 bats averaging around 20, which should hold them in good stead. Their captain has good smarts and sets good fields and as such they should play in the Granny. Well balanced team.

Ur Sumation of Fletcher is pretty much on the mark. Karma may have bit him on the bum, he was run out by one of the young kids going for a third. Young kid went on to bat well. As for us we finally batted out our overs and poster a decent score. The seabrook boys left as quick as they come playing some big shots early. The only bats that applied themselves were the two 14 year olds.

Ur Sumation of Fletcher is pretty much on the mark. Karma may have bit him on the bum, he was run out by one of the young kids going for a third. Young kid went on to bat well. As for us we finally batted out our overs and poster a decent score. The seabrook boys left as quick as they come playing some big shots early. The only bats that applied themselves were the two 14 year olds.

Not sure what the hate campaign against Fletch is all about, he is just someone who enjoys a contest and competes hard on the field. Off field he will sit down and have a drink with anyone as he did on Sunday with your skipper. I was watching both days and thought the game was played in great spirit.
Your guys played very well and it's a top effort to have 1s & 2s in the GF.
It was a little disappointing to see your supporters adopting a "B.Y.O." policy to drinks on Sunday, after the VTCA had encouraged clubs to support the host club who was looking after tea & drinks for both days. At least you cleaned up after yourselves which is more than I can say about visiting clubs in the past. All the best next weekend.

No hate campaign he is just a grump.
The actual team come back inside and had a beer or 2 with you guys thats all that we can control.
Supporters arnt all at the club to get given those instructions. We havent had much going on at the club rooms since Xmas.
we have been training anywhere and everywhere. Our ground is getting redone lucky that we see each other really.

Frank Henry is the worst umpire ever!!!!!!!

No hate campaign he is just a grump.
The actual team come back inside and had a beer or 2 with you guys thats all that we can control.
Supporters arnt all at the club to get given those instructions. We havent had much going on at the club rooms since Xmas.
we have been training anywhere and everywhere. Our ground is getting redone lucky that we see each other really.

Would've thought it was just common sense/respect to support the home club. You shouldn't really need a memo to tell people that!
Not to mention there was a fair few of your 1st XI players sprinkled among those 'supporters'. Hopefully everyone is educated for the next fortnight.

What do you base this statement on. You wouldnt have seen him umpire this season. Youre not still crying about that caught behind he didnt pay at Laverton in the grand final about 5 years ago.

well, considering it cost us 80 runs (Jury when he was on 0) & then he gave our best bat (Welshy) out lbw when he smashed it when he was on 60 odd & we lost the game by 40 odd.....I'd say yes I am.........ive seen him in action for a long time = Disgraceful:oops:

well, considering it cost us 80 runs (Jury when he was on 0) & then he gave our best bat (Welshy) out lbw when he smashed it when he was on 60 odd & we lost the game by 40 odd.....I'd say yes I am.........ive seen him in action for a long time = Disgraceful:oops:
Others must have rated him as very good because he did at least 6 A grade grand finals. Surely you wouldnt have seen much of him down in B turf.

you wouldnt think there are grand finals to be played this weekend.

Who do you think will win and why?

1's Altona Roosters vs Seddon
2's Seddon vs Altona Roosters

Both games to be played at spotswood

you wouldnt think there are grand finals to be played this weekend.

Who do you think will win and why?

1's Altona Roosters vs Seddon
2's Seddon vs Altona Roosters

Both games to be played at spotswood

I dont think anyone cares. WestB is not hi profile enough.
The only people that care will be the 22 on the field.
Best of luck to all involved in the FINALS.

Back