West B 1 & 2 2011/2012

Ur Sumation of Fletcher is pretty much on the mark. Karma may have bit him on the bum, he was run out by one of the young kids going for a third. Young kid went on to bat well. As for us we finally batted out our overs and poster a decent score. The seabrook boys left as quick as they come playing some big shots early. The only bats that applied themselves were the two 14 year olds.
Congratulations to the Roosters boys, both ones and twos making the granny. Not much the committee and the coach can do now. It's all up to the players.

In the twos I notice you got Fraczec for four. That was a good get. Should be a great game coming up as I believe both Roosters and Seddon are evenly matched. Both sides have a tight bowling attack with excellent economy rates. The Roosters have one stand out bowler in Nolten who picked up two wickets in the semi. He shouldn't be disappointed with that as he has good back up from the rest of the bowlers. I like the way he goes about his cricket as he sets the example by leading from the front.
I notice he batted at 5 in the semi and made 4. I'm thinking he should bat further down as that little step to leg just before he strikes the ball could find him out against the newer ball. On the other hand Seddon have Davies whom has had an excellent season with the ball and is the leading wicket taker of the comp with 38 wkts. Should be very interesting.

In regards to Seddon, I think they bat well.Rae and Kakulapati with averages of 13 and 18 respectively need to understand that batting at 4 and 5 respectively places a huge responsibility on there shoulders. Those two need to stand up in the Granny which I'm sure they will.
I wish both clubs the best. Who can score two hundred should win it. Patience at the crease is what is required when the bowling is tight. Looks like SCC blew up when they lost Fraczek cheaply.

well, considering it cost us 80 runs (Jury when he was on 0) & then he gave our best bat (Welshy) out lbw when he smashed it when he was on 60 odd & we lost the game by 40 odd.....I'd say yes I am.........ive seen him in action for a long time = Disgraceful:oops:
Hussler, Hussler, Hussler why has Frank Henry been so unkind to you?

Not really sure Dingo, never liked us for some reason, oh well he wouldnt be on his own there haha;)
Still winning 5 "A" Grade premierships in a row is an achievement most clubs would like on there resume'. As president of SCC thats something that maybe frank could aspire to. Or maybe just dream about.

Still winning 5 "A" Grade premierships in a row is an achievement most clubs would like on there resume'. As president of SCC thats something that maybe frank could aspire to. Or maybe just dream about.

Seabrook cc is the only club to leave the willy comp that havent won a flag in the vtca & finishing on the bottom of west b1 it doesnt look like its going to change anytime soon , so he'll be waiting a while.............:D

Haven't been able to make it down to Donald McLean reserve (Spotswoods ground) to have a look at the game. Altona Roosters in awful trouble in both "A"'s and "B"'s. "A" grade 100 all out and "B" grade 49 all out versus Seddon. Not too flash. What happened there? Also notice no score card for Seddon 1sts.

Haven't been able to make it down to Donald McLean reserve (Spotswoods ground) to have a look at the game. Altona Roosters in awful trouble in both "A"'s and "B"'s. "A" grade 100 all out and "B" grade 49 all out versus Seddon. Not too flash. What happened there? Also notice no score card for Seddon 1sts.

Roosters are in shambles in both games. In finals batting a day is nearly a must. Seddon is showing they are the superior sides in the finals. Wickets a-plenty in the 2's, will be over before drinks. In the 1's congrats to their captain (i think) who just notched up his hundred. They are showing that in this grade, u can buy a premiership. I can see a few teams going in that direction next season. If thats the case, clubs make me an offer lol. Prolly not worth anything but u guys might as well. ;)

Roosters are in shambles in both games. In finals batting a day is nearly a must. Seddon is showing they are the superior sides in the finals. Wickets a-plenty in the 2's, will be over before drinks. In the 1's congrats to their captain (i think) who just notched up his hundred. They are showing that in this grade, u can buy a premiership. I can see a few teams going in that direction next season. If thats the case, clubs make me an offer lol. Prolly not worth anything but u guys might as well. ;)

Which clubs u think might be going in that direction next season.

apparently it was a bowler friendly wicket on ground number 2 roosters captain decided to bowl...

apparently it was a bowler friendly wicket on ground number 2 roosters captain decided to bowl...
i think u mean seddon's captain as roosters batted first. Didnt look like that when i watched, just looked like bad shots.

I think there will be a few of the moreland teams going to look for additional players (incentives or packages) as well as a few of the sides that were close this season to bolster their respective lineups to win promotion next season. My opinion only.

On that note, any offer welcome for my cricketing services lmao. I dont think there will be much out there that want me but im not too bad a cricketer. :p

In the 2nds Altona captain Nolton won the toss and decided to bowl on a deck that had some softish spots due to water seepage. We (Seddon) couldn't believe it. The pitch did a few strange things throughout the day but it was far from unplayable, as evidenced by Seddon being 1/77 at stumps on day one. The Altona collapse started early with the openers and never really abated, although Lleyton Hewitt look-alike Marty Robinson and skipper Nolton showed some grit but never really looked like putting any scoreboard pressure on. If I'm honest I will concede that we have had the best of the umpiring decisions thus far. That said, we have bowled, fielded and batted better than the opposition. At present, Altona in the Poo 102 runs and an innings behind with only 6 wickets to go, though it is noted that Brereton and Robinson are still to come.

As for the comment about buying a premiership, Seddon has only 1 paid player, Tim Grant (captain/coach). The balance of the First XI (apart from 2 x opportunistic recruits) have been Seddon cricekters for anywhere between 3 and 30 years. I'm sure every club in the VTCA remunerates their coach...

In the 2nds Altona captain Nolton won the toss and decided to bowl on a deck that had some softish spots due to water seepage. We (Seddon) couldn't believe it. The pitch did a few strange things throughout the day but it was far from unplayable, as evidenced by Seddon being 1/77 at stumps on day one. The Altona collapse started early with the openers and never really abated, although Lleyton Hewitt look-alike Marty Robinson and skipper Nolton showed some grit but never really looked like putting any scoreboard pressure on. If I'm honest I will concede that we have had the best of the umpiring decisions thus far. That said, we have bowled, fielded and batted better than the opposition. At present, Altona in the Poo 102 runs and an innings behind with only 6 wickets to go, though it is noted that Brereton and Robinson are still to come.

As for the comment about buying a premiership, Seddon has only 1 paid player, Tim Grant (captain/coach). The balance of the First XI (apart from 2 x opportunistic recruits) have been Seddon cricekters for anywhere between 3 and 30 years. I'm sure every club in the VTCA remunerates their coach...

I dont wanna call u an idiot Black Tahlia but i will. Roosters won the toss and batted first, notm bowled. Umm as for the comment only one paid player, have a chat to terry and james and see how much they paid to get over here and stuff like that. So yes the bolster of ur crew has come from seddon etc, but to 'win' u hav enlisted the help of 2 opening bats and an opening/1st hcange bowler, 2 from overseas. Good on u guys for oing it, and it is 'paying off' but if u look round the comp ur in, how many other teams hav 2 players from overseas?

Anyway, congrats to the seddon boys, i dont think roosters can come bak from there, but good luck to both teams for this weekend and next year

.....err, yes, quite. Of course I did mean to say Altona batted first. Terry and Jim are both very good cricketers but the team is still very balanced with few changes over the last 5-10 years. To say that we had to enlist the help of international cricketers to win is a little misguided. We were unlucky to be relegated last year after being good enough to defeat both grand final sides in the H&A. Just been a bit more consistent this season. Anyway hopefully we can wrap it all up by Saturday tea but you never know what can happen....just as an aside, I think Altona will struggle in North A1 next season.

.....err, yes, quite. Of course I did mean to say Altona batted first. Terry and Jim are both very good cricketers but the team is still very balanced with few changes over the last 5-10 years. To say that we had to enlist the help of international cricketers to win is a little misguided. We were unlucky to be relegated last year after being good enough to defeat both grand final sides in the H&A. Just been a bit more consistent this season. Anyway hopefully we can wrap it all up by Saturday tea but you never know what can happen....just as an aside, I think Altona will struggle in North A1 next season.

I am seeing that Roosters will be picking up a few players before next season, maybe a few english players. They will struggle i think too but we will see, next season is a long way off and this season hasnt finished.

They can always chat to me if they need another player lmao.

I sense StAndrewsman is getting desperate to leave Braybrook's beautiful surroundings for greener pastures! As Seddon apparently pay for all their players, maybe we could offer StAndrewsman a retainer to captain our 3rds or 4ths next season LOL...Of course Jim Beam's would have to be stocked by the truckload to complete the transfer! Black Tahlia, what also wasn't mentioned in your posts is that captain Nolton and his lads agreed to bowl first if they won the toss, however Micky boy changed his mind at the last moment to the shock of his teammates. PS. 1sts keeper Webbo - who came down to Seddon at no charge and is arguably one of the top 3-4 keepers in the comp - loves St. Andrews and wishes all the best in West B next season...

I sense StAndrewsman is getting desperate to leave Braybrook's beautiful surroundings for greener pastures! As Seddon apparently pay for all their players, maybe we could offer StAndrewsman a retainer to captain our 3rds or 4ths next season LOL...Of course Jim Beam's would have to be stocked by the truckload to complete the transfer! Black Tahlia, what also wasn't mentioned in your posts is that captain Nolton and his lads agreed to bowl first if they won the toss, however Micky boy changed his mind at the last moment to the shock of his teammates. PS. 1sts keeper Webbo - who came down to Seddon at no charge and is arguably one of the top 3-4 keepers in the comp - loves St. Andrews and wishes all the best in West B next season...

It is hilarious how easily i can reel u ppl in. Did i say u paid all ur players? No! Did u assume that, Yes. U got the players that will win you the premiership, good on you for that. Just cost you a little bit of cash, and thats fine. Jim Beam's by the truckload ey? It is great when the people bagging you dont know who you are. Jim Beam's wont get me down there, and i think i would slot into your ones team just. If not, I think I would be a star in the 2s as i showed this year :p

Feel free to hav a go at me Terry whatever. Is this $$ terry? or someone else?

It is hilarious how easily i can reel u ppl in. Did i say u paid all ur players? No! Did u assume that, Yes. U got the players that will win you the premiership, good on you for that. Just cost you a little bit of cash, and thats fine. Jim Beam's by the truckload ey? It is great when the people bagging you dont know who you are. Jim Beam's wont get me down there, and i think i would slot into your ones team just. If not, I think I would be a star in the 2s as i showed this year :p

Its hilarious that someone that types in shortened sms speak c calls others idiots...

You are a forum hero that takes pot shots from behind the computer because your not good enough on the cricket field... it gets kinda boring. Then again, I bet you think your a cooool cat

Instead of making your club look bad via your username, why don't you shut up and help get the club to where you keep talking it up at where it should be...

Now back to cricket.

Seddon look to have control in the 2's, you would think they could rap that one up.

1's is very much still up for grabs, in saying that Grant has put Seddon in a very good spot and if they can put on a few more, it makes it hard for the Roosters

Jim Beam? Way too posh for St Andrews. I think their style is more akin to Woodstock. The rumours about paid players are laughable. Apparently there is one going around that Seddon pays their 2nds captain! That one brought massive guffaws from the boys in the club rooms. We reckon Leigh probably started that one himself ;) He does seem to have tickets on his batting predicated upon one 'decent' knock in the first game. Still, probaly a better bat than certain other skippers in 2s.

Jim Beam? Way too posh for St Andrews. I think their style is more akin to Woodstock. The rumours about paid players are laughable. Apparently there is one going around that Seddon pays their 2nds captain! That one brought massive guffaws from the boys in the club rooms. We reckon Leigh probably started that one himself ;) He does seem to have tickets on his batting predicated upon one 'decent' knock in the first game. Still, probaly a better bat than certain other skippers in 2s.

Yes, must be laughable as I would travel half way across the world to play cricket for nothing. 2nds captain being paid. Yes that is a laughable one. I think if that happened at a club, the club has way too much money. And no, Jim Beam is a good drink for those at our club who drink it. Havent seen woodstock in the club before though.

160plus. Here I will put this in language you understand, not in 'sms language'. Again I think it is funny that as you dont know who I am, you think I am no good at cricket. Thats fine. You believe what you want. Depends on how you look at it, my stats are alright. And you are? I am sure you are a gun and have the stats to back up everything you say.

Both games are pretty much over. 2's done in an hour. 1's will be done tomorrow, depends how long Grant can bat for.

C'mon Black Tahlia - that's a bit harsh on the 2nds skipper who recruited myself over from Sri Lankan! Leigh put in a lot of hard work getting me over here, and has helped polish up on my English literacy and language skills to the point I can now go on these forums and right a few wrongs....

St. Andrewsman - Jim Beams were the poison of choice for the St. Andrews crew when they ventured down to Hanmer Reserve in Round 1. They drank the bar dry of JB's, with a healthy little return for the club thank you very much. To the contrary, 160plus knows you very well through Vous, who will need to be advised the story of "loose lips sink ships"....Webbo (the gun keeper) also would like to know if your Dad & yourself have kept up the double act of Dad batting, son at square leg, Dad stumped by 2m, son shakes the head indicating not out...The word "karma" springs to the top of the memory bank!

There's always a spot for you in the same side as Vous (2nds/3rds) next season!

Back