West B 1 & 2 2011/2012

C'mon Black Tahlia - that's a bit harsh on the 2nds skipper who recruited myself over from Sri Lankan! Leigh put in a lot of hard work getting me over here, and has helped polish up on my English literacy and language skills to the point I can now go on these forums and right a few wrongs....

St. Andrewsman - Jim Beams were the poison of choice for the St. Andrews crew when they ventured down to Hanmer Reserve in Round 1. They drank the bar dry of JB's, with a healthy little return for the club thank you very much. To the contrary, 160plus knows you very well through Vous, who will need to be advised the story of "loose lips sink ships"....Webbo (the gun keeper) also would like to know if your Dad & yourself have kept up the double act of Dad batting, son at square leg, Dad stumped by 2m, son shakes the head indicating not out...The word "karma" springs to the top of the memory bank!

There's always a spot for you in the same side as Vous (2nds/3rds) next season!
Terry, have you heard the rumour that St Andrewsman has approached Seddon 2nds skipper Davies to head up their 1s bowling attack in season 2011/12. Not sure how much he is asking for but he would be a bargain at $10k pa considering he is on track for his 50th wicket of the season tomorrow. Unfortunately he will have to relocate from his luxurious digs in Ascot Vale to the more salubrious surrounds of Braybrook though, invest in a flak jacket and learn how to say 'not out' a lot.

From what i know about the Seddon 2s skipper Davids i think his name is... He would well and truly fit in at St Andrews.. He has a similar interest in drinking Bogan Juice as they do in that area, as well as a complete lack of fashion awareness.

I also hear he enjoys a few of these bogan juices at the braybrook hotel, whilts knocking back a parma with his mrs.

Reckon, it is a win win for both the st andrews club and Leigh Davids.

From what i know about the Seddon 2s skipper Davids i think his name is... He would well and truly fit in at St Andrews.. He has a similar interest in drinking Bogan Juice as they do in that area, as well as a complete lack of fashion awareness.

I also hear he enjoys a few of these bogan juices at the braybrook hotel, whilts knocking back a parma with his mrs.

Reckon, it is a win win for both teh st andrews club and Leigh Davids.
Personally, I would be happy to see the back of him. Can't bat, can't field, looks too much like Tom Hanks. Not to mention a reputation for pushing Mobic in the dressing rooms (hence his moniker 'Dr Feelgood' Davies). We don't need that sort of nonsense at Seddon. Regrettably it would mean we can't smash him around in 2012/13 as St Andrews will still be in West B. Shame ;(

st andrews man, ur shit, i got you out and you still sledged me you tip rat. im still waiting for you behind the sheds, or do you want me to come to the hot dog van?

C'mon Black Tahlia - that's a bit harsh on the 2nds skipper who recruited myself over from Sri Lankan! Leigh put in a lot of hard work getting me over here, and has helped polish up on my English literacy and language skills to the point I can now go on these forums and right a few wrongs....

St. Andrewsman - Jim Beams were the poison of choice for the St. Andrews crew when they ventured down to Hanmer Reserve in Round 1. They drank the bar dry of JB's, with a healthy little return for the club thank you very much. To the contrary, 160plus knows you very well through Vous, who will need to be advised the story of "loose lips sink ships"....Webbo (the gun keeper) also would like to know if your Dad & yourself have kept up the double act of Dad batting, son at square leg, Dad stumped by 2m, son shakes the head indicating not out...The word "karma" springs to the top of the memory bank!

There's always a spot for you in the same side as Vous (2nds/3rds) next season!

You are hilarious. Yes, we do drink Jimmies a bit, I stay away from them though, that is what I meant. We do help out the clubs we visit when we play away. I think all clubs should ( I honestly cant remember if u guys did or not, it was too long ago)

And to think, you guys know me so well as to say I am someone else, good on you guys. To put it bluntly, that aint me! But I am sure you knew that as you all know who I really am. If not, o well, I am sure you will get there one day. And on that note, if you are out, I will give you, no matter who it is. Dunno about that incident as I was sitting at long off, but from the way you guys reacted, it seemed pretty tight.

I sense StAndrewsman is getting desperate to leave Braybrook's beautiful surroundings for greener pastures! As Seddon apparently pay for all their players, maybe we could offer StAndrewsman a retainer to captain our 3rds or 4ths next season LOL...Of course Jim Beam's would have to be stocked by the truckload to complete the transfer! Black Tahlia, what also wasn't mentioned in your posts is that captain Nolton and his lads agreed to bowl first if they won the toss, however Micky boy changed his mind at the last moment to the shock of his teammates. PS. 1sts keeper Webbo - who came down to Seddon at no charge and is arguably one of the top 3-4 keepers in the comp - loves St. Andrews and wishes all the best in West B next season...

Ok most will know I'm Mick roosters 2s captain. Let's get a couple things straight. I asked 3-4 people thief thoughts on batting & bowling. They were split. The pitch to the road end was a little wet in 2 small spots at 12pm & to the freeway end was damp in a few areas- all for left handers outside off- hence no prob at all for right handers. My thoughts were if they dried out by 1230pm I was always batting 1st. At 1230, the road end was already hard & the freeway end was much better & with the sun & wind 30-40mins more it would be fine. We have 1left hander in our team only& if it's tough for them , but good for the team to bat- so be it. Name me ONE wicket that the pitch got us out? What's that - silence hey? They pitch played perfect all day, not the reason we were out for 49.
Now yes you guys got 2important lbws- Brereton & Robinson - which most umpires would give out less than 5-10% of the time. Well thats cricket. Still no excuse we get trundled for 49.
You guys totally outplayed us -SO FAR. It's far from over. I have confidence in my boys. If they give me a lead of 70 plus.... Well we will see what happens. You have 2 very pataint bats- Butera & Rae - not pointing & Hayden , & 2 hitters. We ran through u last time to win the game - think u lost 5/15, & in 1st inns of granny u lost 9/69-hardly inspiring. If boys bats give us a lead lookout- I will run through your team

Ok most will know I'm Mick roosters 2s captain. Let's get a couple things straight. I asked 3-4 people thief thoughts on batting & bowling. They were split. The pitch to the road end was a little wet in 2 small spots at 12pm & to the freeway end was damp in a few areas- all for left handers outside off- hence no prob at all for right handers. My thoughts were if they dried out by 1230pm I was always batting 1st. At 1230, the road end was already5 only& if it's tough for them , but good for the team to bat- so be it. Name me ONE wicket that the pitch got us out? What's that - silence hey? They pitch played perfect all day, not the reason we were out for 49.
Now yes you guys got 2important lbws- Brereton & Robinson - which most umpires would give out less than 5-10% of the time. Well thats cricket. Still no excuse we get trundled for 49.
You guys totally outplayed us -SO FAR. It's far from over. I have confidence in my boys. If they give me a lead of 70 plus.... Well we will see what happens. You have 2 very pataint bats- Butera & Rae - not pointing & Hayden , & 2 hitters. We ran through u last time to win the game - think u lost 5/15, & in 1st inns of granny u lost 9/69-hardly inspiring. If boys bats give us a lead lookout- I will run through your team
Mick, thanks for the way you fellas played the match and accepted a few 50/50 umpiring decisions that perhaps didn't go your way. You caught us at the end of a pretty dominant roll that ironically started in the 2nd innings of the H&A match against you blokes where we took 8/60-odd. That really kick started what had been a pretty underwhelming season to date.......as for your side, would it be fair to say you played your Grand Final against Seabrook? We were probably a class above in the batting and bowling department, but you have some good young blokes....Elkington; good defensively but needs to learn how to rotate the strike and play a few more shots. I found his bowling a little awkward to play due to his height and bounce. Sulman; handy leggy, consistent for that type of bowling at his age, could benefit from the development of a bit more variety to keep the batsmen guessing. El Houli; when he gets his left arm mediums swinging in can be a handful but just a little too inconsistent, even at B2 level. Clarke; Tall, reasonable pace and has the ability to knock up a quick 20 - 30 in the lower order which is invaluable.

As for the umpiring decisions yes you guys probably didn't get the rub of the green, but I thought Marty's LBW in the 1st innings was plumb (as was El Houli yesterday but given not out!) Brereton was stiff 1 st innings and 2nd innings decision (I reckon) could probably have gone either way due to height. I would be fascinated to see if and where he has a bruise this morning. The fact is though he played a poor shot - a badly mistimed pull which at that stage of the match I would have thought wasn't the shot to be playing on a pitch showing signs of keeping low occasionally. You are correct that the pitch didn't directly contribute to any of your 1st innings wickets but it was doing a few unusual things that maybe put a bit of doubt into your batsmen's minds?

You mentioned yesterday that you were perhaps going to play in a lower grade with your young fella next year. The boys were commenting after the game that we like the way you play the game; if you ever wanted a game at Seddon you'd be more than welcome.

Where to start, Black tahlia- thanks for your kind words, but I'm def a rooster for life.
Congrates to the seddon 2nds. We were totally outplayed. Our biggest issue the last 2years I've been 2nds captain, has been consistantsy with the bat. Very very frustrating & heartbraking making 216 in a semi batting as a team in partnerships , then getting bowled out for 49 in granny. Hard to put a finger on it. Combination of 1 or 2 loose shots, 1 or 2 decisions that don't go your way & a very good bowling attack. Mayb some nerves aswell. Hurts thinking bout it. Doesn't matter- got to fight thru those days and grind out a 90-120. I'm always an optimist- I can always defend that with attacking captaincy & tight bowling as a team. 49 though.... Almost impossible
Not only did we get destroyed with bat, thought Butera & Rae, really made it look easy out there. That hurt aswell. Not sure if it would be easier if you were all a pack of wankers so I could hate you all- but it the opposite.

Got great repect for your team & players - enjoy the win , well deserved
We are on the right track- Elkington has big future as gun allrounder, his shots will come , but he has the discipline & temperament. And his bowling when not exhausted from jnrs showed some great signs. Youssef el Hawli- the same - some very good spells, but spending all day in the field jnr/snr games takes it toll. Gets great shape in to rightys, & he made 258 runs in jnrs. He will b a star allrounder - only 15 right now. Clarke & Sulman , have been blooded on turf last 2yrs- both only just 18. Both when training- started to look to tear games apart. Prob the 1 who could be the best of the lot- Alanzy who still 14, has the best batting technique & temperament of the lot. Has improved out of sight since he only started playing 2yrs ago. Won champion plyer of under 15c comp- just in front of Youssef.

I sense StAndrewsman is getting desperate to leave Braybrook's beautiful surroundings for greener pastures! As Seddon apparently pay for all their players, maybe we could offer StAndrewsman a retainer to captain our 3rds or 4ths next season LOL...Of course Jim Beam's would have to be stocked by the truckload to complete the transfer! Black Tahlia, what also wasn't mentioned in your posts is that captain Nolton and his lads agreed to bowl first if they won the toss, however Micky boy changed his mind at the last moment to the shock of his teammates. PS. 1sts keeper Webbo - who came down to Seddon at no charge and is arguably one of the top 3-4 keepers in the comp - loves St. Andrews and wishes all the best in West B next season...
seddon are the biggest bunch of flogs i have ever played against which has been proven throughout this thread. im glad im clearly not the only one who thinks so. and am also glad that i wont have to associate with those wankas at any stage next season.

Back