West B1 & B2 Season 2012/2013

thought it appropriate that there was a thread for west b1 and b2 for this upcoming season.
how is everyones grounds looking for the first round?

thought it appropriate that there was a thread for west b1 and b2 for this upcoming season.
how is everyones grounds looking for the first round?
Our ground Avondale Heights at Canning Street has been top dressed and the turf table which we curate ourselves is ready to go this saturday. Providing of course the rest of the comp is ready. I should compliment Moonee Valley Council for top dressing our ground in sufficient time to begin the season. Very pleased.

good to hear. our ground at pennell reserve is ready to go.
have to say if we dont get a start this year due to pitches being unprepared then its unlikely we ever will. been a dry and warm september

good to hear. our ground at pennell reserve is ready to go.
have to say if we dont get a start this year due to pitches being unprepared then its unlikely we ever will. been a dry and warm september
Good ground Pennell reserve. Jim Peter used to curate that wicket back in the old "Sunshine Cricket Association" days. He used to make really good tracks. Top man.

The SCA used to use Pennell for the Granny's. Saw Sunshine United(the money club alah Yarraville club) get rolled by Grand United when Sunshine United lost the toss and got caught on a sticky. SCA granny's were played over 3 days only then.

Three day grand finals in the VTCA would perhaps bring the money clubs back to par. Hmmmmmmmm.

Spend $80,000 on players, get rolled in the first innings and see if you can come back from that in 3 days.

Good ground Pennell reserve. Jim Peter used to curate that wicket back in the old "Sunshine Cricket Association" days. He used to make really good tracks. Top man.

The SCA used to use Pennell for the Granny's. Saw Sunshine United(the money club alah Yarraville club) get rolled by Grand United when Sunshine United lost the toss and got caught on a sticky. SCA granny's were played over 3 days only then.

Three day grand finals in the VTCA would perhaps bring the money clubs back to par. Hmmmmmmmm.

Spend $80,000 on players, get rolled in the first innings and see if you can come back from that in 3 days.
an

jimmy is a great man, he is still doing our wickets now. great curator

i dont understand the concept of a 4 day grand final when the best side all year is played over a 2day game

an

i dont understand the concept of a 4 day grand final when the best side all year is played over a 2day game

Hey bogan, I don't think you will need to understand the concept of a 4 day gf, as the saints won't play finals let alone the big one any time in the near future.

an

Jim Peter was a Sunshine United committee man some years back in the old S.C.A. infact I think he was president for most of the time. Under his leadership S/U were a real power house and won a lot of premierships. I seem to remember they established a provident fund for there "A" Grade players where a contribution would be made by the club each season for each player, redeemable in ten years. Great way to keep the pros interested in staying on.

After two relegations in two seasons, it looks like Werribee Centrals have found how to win again, in West B1. With the great man, Phabulous Phil Crea, back in charge they can look at rising up through the grades again.

After two relegations in two seasons, it looks like Werribee Centrals have found how to win again, in West B1. With the great man, Phabulous Phil Crea, back in charge they can look at rising up through the grades again.

No Doubt, with Fab Phil and his flowing locks anything is possible. The man is a genius, it's amazing how he hides that so well!
The Heroic Hairdresses from the West, All hail Phil

Thoughts on the top 4 for west b1 this season?

My top 4 in no particular order, werribee centrals, st Andrews, point cook sunshine ycw,
Not a bad early effort with your 4.
i still reckon it will be a very close year like last season. too many teams have too many flaws in their game for
it not to be a close year. Barkley, Avo if they get some runs (Barkely did this week, Avo again failed) could challenge. both have a 1-2 good bowlers in their side and OK attacks to pick some wickets and make the 4.

ANA they are off to a reasonable start in this comp but not sure if they'll make the 4. Sunshine Hts, Kingy, Seabrook maybe aleardy too far back?

My ladder guesses 1.WCentrals 2-5 Point Cook/Sun YCW/Barkley/Avo 6.St Andrews 7.ANA & seabrook Kingy SHts will fill out the bottom 3 all 3 struggling so pick where they'll be in bottom 3.

Cricket was played against Sunshine Heights today where I was. One of the worst things I have seen on a cricket field happened today. Ball was miscued straight up to where the bowler starts his follow through for an easyish catch. As the batsmen runs he veers off-course runs right next to the bowler and gives him a slight elbow to the gut as he catches the ball. He was out and a few of the St andrews players had something to say but nothing out of what should hav been said. Umpy said he is out and would hav been given out obstruction if it was dropped. Although there is worse that happens on the cricket field, the batsman being the captain coach of their side, i feel that is deplorable.

Got the 6 points today so thats all that matters to the club really, but I just think.....do people really play cricket in that matter??? We are not playing for millions of bucks.

Cricket was played against Sunshine Heights today where I was. One of the worst things I have seen on a cricket field happened today. Ball was miscued straight up to where the bowler starts his follow through for an easyish catch. As the batsmen runs he veers off-course runs right next to the bowler and gives him a slight elbow to the gut as he catches the ball. He was out and a few of the St andrews players had something to say but nothing out of what should hav been said. Umpy said he is out and would hav been given out obstruction if it was dropped. Although there is worse that happens on the cricket field, the batsman being the captain coach of their side, i feel that is deplorable.

Got the 6 points today so thats all that matters to the club really, but I just think.....do people really play cricket in that matter??? We are not playing for millions of bucks.

If your account of the events is true, then this is truly a PATHETIC act warranting an umpires report & VTCA action.

In internationl cricket you see blokes fined or missing games for this kinda stuff why not at grass root level.

Again i dunno what the other side of the story is, maybe the Sun Hts bloke would argue an accident which is fair enough, but what if you say really happened then this bloke should be named and shamed.

VTCA need to do some thing about onfield team behaviour in the lower North Divisions, which over last 2-3 years is getting worse. This may be good place to start, suspend the bloke for 2 games.

Back