Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Clear The Pickets;379938 said:
I can see where your coming from, we had an incident earlier in this season where there was banter between both sides which is fine, but a certain captain coach of the opposition took upon himself to make it physical, and of course the umpire did nothing. But the umpires must see any incidents to report. Although some make mistakes they are only human and if they were not there who would do the job? other players, so be happy we have umpires as some lower grades dont get them. This same captain coach also wrote on his own club website about one of our lower captains who has played higher, but is getting older, how he made runs against his team and he thought it was weak of that player and not in the spirit of the game, although his lower side is probably playing 1 or 2 grades higher than they should be, its not our players fault they are not up to that standard and have been put in the wrong grade. You dont hear anything coming from him about one of his ex-A grade players taking 32 wickets in 4 matches in a lower grade, but thats his club its ok a bit of double standards i think, anyway good luck to the bloke and a great achivement to get that many wickets in so many games, i think his coach forgets you require older experience players throughout the grades to give experience and help to the younger players around them. Unfortunately this bloke seems to whinge and wine every week about someone or something and maybe he should remember its just game of cricket and should get on with it in the spirit of the game ,as he is losing any respect he had through his own actions.

Oh and they are only my opinions and as the saying goes opinions are like arseholes everyones got one, some bigger than others.......................lol

just with the lower player thing, ax has been playing c grade, now older or not, he is far too good for that grade, yes, im playing a lower grade too, but i only dropped one grade, and it was only a few years ago i was playing b grade, cause at the time that was the highest side we had. no one begrudges older blokes dropping down a grade and now msps has gone up a grade, there shouldnt be any whining about where ax is playing.

again just an opinion

Have got a copy of the "discussion paper" re the merge. It reads more as a take over with the direction aimed at the VTCA strength in the western suburbs and attempting to regain some lost ground between the two comps!! i wonder how the strong clubs in the WDCA feel about the merge?

its just not cricket;382389 said:
just with the lower player thing, ax has been playing c grade, now older or not, he is far too good for that grade, yes, im playing a lower grade too, but i only dropped one grade, and it was only a few years ago i was playing b grade, cause at the time that was the highest side we had. no one begrudges older blokes dropping down a grade and now msps has gone up a grade, there shouldnt be any whining about where ax is playing.

again just an opinion

well it seems that he is at it again AR made 218 against Footscray U.
he is playing b grade.

having played against him this bloke is definately a big fish in a small pond.

and yes i speak fro experience

Forbsey...Mate i am sorry that my post about St Johns dissapointed you so much, however i do stand by what i said at the time as told to me by a member of your club! I have no opinion about what your club should or shouldn't do, that is a matter for you guys to sort out....i can say that at our club we are not at this time in favour of the merge but are happy for the two comps to continue talking....over a hundred years of history is alot to say goodbye to!!

roosters hack;384780 said:
Have got a copy of the "discussion paper" re the merge. It reads more as a take over with the direction aimed at the VTCA strength in the western suburbs and attempting to regain some lost ground between the two comps!! i wonder how the strong clubs in the WDCA feel about the merge?

would not mind seeing that discussion paper, to see what can happen with cricket in the Western Suburbs

Costa ARCC;385021 said:
he is playing b grade.

As stated before, don't mind seeing parents etc playing down with the kids,which due to gradings this year, this is all B grade(kids) or really old blokes seems to be.

BUT

You need to give the kids a go. Why even open the batting if only for personal head scratching or G/hunting or whatever he thinks is o.k. Didn't check stats but could have cleaned up with the ball TOO.
I know the young fellas at F/united are at best only marginally competative on their best days, but when they are missing a few older guys i could only imagine what unfolded on the day.

I just hope all the kids at F/U see over this 1 game (1 dayer) and bounce back this game.

NEED FOR SPEED;385534 said:
As stated before, don't mind seeing parents etc playing down with the kids,which due to gradings this year, this is all B grade(kids) or really old blokes seems to be.

BUT

You need to give the kids a go. Why even open the batting if only for personal head scratching or G/hunting or whatever he thinks is o.k. Didn't check stats but could have cleaned up with the ball TOO.
I know the young fellas at F/united are at best only marginally competative on their best days, but when they are missing a few older guys i could only imagine what unfolded on the day.

I just hope all the kids at F/U see over this 1 game (1 dayer) and bounce back this game.

As you haven't stated you have checked the stats and if you would have had a greater look at the stats then you would have noticed something is terribly wrong with Footscray uniteds grading they are in way too higher grade as out of 8 games 6 oppositon teams have made 250 or more, the games that hasnt happened is when F.U have batted first, 4 out of the 5 2 day games teams have declared on them to try for outright points. If you had of checked the stats you would have noticed axe has played 6 games out of 8 due to work commitments i may add and he has opened 3 times batted at 5 twice and didnt bat against Burnside C grade who are also in the wrong grade, failed against Burnside b grade when they went up so his last decent hit would have been round 4, so from the team point of view he was trying to get form leading into the finals run home. He captained Our 3rd eleven C grade last year playing in the same team as his son who is not playing this year, our club asked him to captain the 3rd eleven again and he obliged . We have a lot of good younger players who are also getting the opportunity to player higher level due to his commitments to the 3rd eleven and other players like him. So before you start slagging off at anyone you should get your facts right first, as you said you could only imagine what went on on the day. As for Footscray United they can hold their heads high and they will bounce back, at least they turn up each week and have a crack not like some clubs who tend to forfiet at least twice a season. They are unfortunatley victims of the association not having Turf and sides dropping back due to this and losing players from their previous year. At the end of the day its his and his vice captains descion to choose where he should bat for the benefit of the team. And Axe has always been the team player. Its their desicion not yours or anyone elses. If he batted at 6 or 7 and still made runs you'd be asking why is he batting that low, poor bloke cant win. Just sounds like a bit of sour grapes to me.

Costa ARCC;385021 said:
he is playing b grade.

Pickets -

Wondering if the kids at Footscray United B Grade have been absolutely shattered and all their moral eroded away by recent happenings.

Scores from 23-1-10 6/29 & 6/90

Lost outright 1st day.

Obviously playing 3/4 players short. Others maybe basketball/fishing or on the grog. Anything other than getting crucified every week. Have to remember this is Footscrays 6ths.

Some other teams may have retired a batsman on 100 no, with positives being, maintaining a win for the club, AR batting average still intact, other players having a bat as well, TALKING RIGHTS BACK AT THE ROOM.

VERY SAD

NEED FOR SPEED;385724 said:
Pickets -

Wondering if the kids at Footscray United B Grade have been absolutely shattered and all their moral eroded away by recent happenings.

Scores from 23-1-10 6/29 & 6/90

Lost outright 1st day.

Obviously playing 3/4 players short. Others maybe basketball/fishing or on the grog. Anything other than getting crucified every week. Have to remember this is Footscrays 6ths.

Some other teams may have retired a batsman on 100 no, with positives being, maintaining a win for the club, AR batting average still intact, other players having a bat as well, TALKING RIGHTS BACK AT THE ROOM.

VERY SAD
Sounds like you need a couple of tissue mate. God now its axes fault they didn't show up this week. Maybe the fact they are in the wrong grade and all teams are thrashing them and then they ask to go down through out the seaon and no compassion the association. You only play as well as the opposition lets you and look at the figures throughout the season this is their 2nd outright loss and been starving of many others. And by the way this is their 3rd not 6ths as you stated incorrectly they havetheir 1's and 2's in north a1 and a2 so maybe you should check your fatcs. And when was the last time a captain or player retired on 100 without being forced by association rules. So stop talking garbage and blaming 1 player when obviously there is a lot of other issues. Sounds like a bit of jealousy and a bit of sooky sooky la la going on here

Hey Pickets (numbnuts), sorry for interupting your sausage rubbing of teammates

Certainly breed em differant up your way at Meltdown South don't they.

I tried to make a valid point on the issue but you let your heart & luv for this player interfere with the topic at hand.
Never said anything about compulsory retirement, but YES he could have retired in the 'SPIRIT OF THE GAME'. Roosters won on the weekend but (dec) on 2/85. Obviously didn't see the need to grind the kids into the ground and good on them for showing compassion & common sence!!!.

Made my point known so will not bother with this again.

Anyway Good luck if you make finals as we all know what you lads are like come buisiness time!!!!!! (i'll pass on the tissues but you can hand them to 'Gordy')

NEED FOR SPEED;385774 said:
Hey Pickets (numbnuts), sorry for interupting your sausage rubbing of teammates

Certainly breed em differant up your way at Meltdown South don't they.

I tried to make a valid point on the issue but you let your heart & luv for this player interfere with the topic at hand.
Never said anything about compulsory retirement, but YES he could have retired in the 'SPIRIT OF THE GAME'. Roosters won on the weekend but (dec) on 2/85. Obviously didn't see the need to grind the kids into the ground and good on them for showing compassion & common sence!!!.

Made my point known so will not bother with this again.

Anyway Good luck if you make finals as we all know what you lads are like come buisiness time!!!!!! (i'll pass on the tissues but you can hand them to 'Gordy')
Hey thats Mr numbnutts to you LOL and i like the little banter there with the sausage comment very funny. but yes we do try sticking together when one of our own is being attacked, like Roosters players and supporters did last season sticking by their coach after his penalty that was handed out to him , also with them and willi congs and St andrews with moving to bigger better things and moving into other associations, on passion that all involved with their club believe in. Anyway thats off the subject, good luck to you and your team as well for the season and up coming final series. sorry didnt mean to offend you any way like most of us passionate to say the least. And yes will pass the tissues onto Gordy for you although looking at the results this week so far melton south 1 vs melton south 2 with luck he may not need them.

Clear The Pickets;385783 said:
Hey thats Mr numbnutts to you LOL and i like the little banter there with the sausage comment very funny. but yes we do try sticking together when one of our own is being attacked, like Roosters players and supporters did last season sticking by their coach after his penalty that was handed out to him , also with them and willi congs and St andrews with moving to bigger better things and moving into other associations, on passion that all involved with their club believe in. Anyway thats off the subject, good luck to you and your team as well for the season and up coming final series. sorry didnt mean to offend you any way like most of us passionate to say the least. And yes will pass the tissues onto Gordy for you although looking at the results this week so far melton south 1 vs melton south 2 with luck he may not need them.

yeah funny how melton south 2's have suddenly become a decent side and able to bowl out their 1st team, whist melton 1s open the bowling with someone who has played all their games but only bowled 4 overs before the weekend...i dont blame melton south as its not, by definition, cheating at all, and they have been put in the situation by the association, but again, is it in the spirit of the game??? Will see when the results come out next week to see if the 2s beat the 1s and therefore strengthen their position in the finals...

bit of a farce this league to be honest...

unfortunatly these matches do have the smell of "practice match" about them and for a club can be a bit of a challenge to control internaly...we certainly struggled with it when in the same position.....captains do tend to try things that may help them in finals!!

yup - except practice matches have an element of competition rather than letting the lower ranked side win to give them the points as appears to be happening...

hadenoughofabuse;385891 said:
yeah funny how melton south 2's have suddenly become a decent side and able to bowl out their 1st team, whist melton 1s open the bowling with someone who has played all their games but only bowled 4 overs before the weekend...i dont blame melton south as its not, by definition, cheating at all, and they have been put in the situation by the association, but again, is it in the spirit of the game??? Will see when the results come out next week to see if the 2s beat the 1s and therefore strengthen their position in the finals...

bit of a farce this league to be honest...

why would it be a farce if you look at the scorecard in my cricket it would show you that the N0.1 sides opening bowler was absent on the day and they batted short. Chooka had a slight injury that he recieved before the start of play and didnt bowl. The person they opened with can bowl but does sparingly due to the number of bowlers in the side and can bowl quiet quick. Don't worry Eddy is seething being in this position but believes his side can win. The no.2 side has struggled all year with the bat except when we played your side in their second innnigs the top order finally made runs. Its always easier when you face bowling you normally face ie at training. You come to know what to expect from the bowlers, so if you believe its set up or not toward you are mistaken just ask the umpire he was there and should know if the game was not being played in the correct manner. so dont mention cheating unless you know actually what went on. and with the top 4 the team that misses out should look at what if in the games they played badly or just missed out on a result they would have liked. This is a first for us in the higher grades to actually play against each other and both sides took it a great challenge and were both determined to win. Cricket is a funny game and a few edges through slips lucky shots or a couple of good balls and quick wickets the game changes again, that is why its such a great game.

if you actually read what i wrote rather than jumping up and down on your high horse, you will see that i wrote that it WASNT cheating and that you were put in a bad position by the leagues administrators....you really need to read what has been said before jumping down people throats! Personally, I would never give my wicket away or drop a catch on purpoise to help someone else out...

hadenoughofabuse;385900 said:
if you actually read what i wrote rather than jumping up and down on your high horse, you will see that i wrote that it WASNT cheating and that you were put in a bad position by the leagues administrators....you really need to read what has been said before jumping down people throats! Personally, I would never give my wicket away or drop a catch on purpoise to help someone else out...

sorry to jump down your throat but, why mentiion the word cheating unless its going through the back of your mind, as everyone knows Eddy is very competitive in every game he plays so to insinuate that the game is rigged, set up or what ever is wrong. I couldn't see eddy giving up the opportunity of finishing in top spot by losing a game. Anyway good luck to you and your side. cant wait for the last game of the season it should sort it all out then.

Melton South (2) 8/207 F Camenzuli 37* def Melton South (1)
201 C Camenzuli 60 L Edwards 37 D Grero 25* M Mammone 4/38 G Parker 2/39

well there's a surprise then!

I find it is amusing that hadenoughofabuse hasnt got the balls to stand by his accusations when questioned!!! Why does he bother posting it if he is not prepared to stand by it?? Its because he is the same when he plays cricket he ducks for cover when under pressure!! As for his "user name" if he looked in the mirror he might understand why!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back