Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 2010/11

Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 2010/11

All has gone very quiet on this site...yeah i know it's winter but surely someone has some news on how the hell this comp will survive into the future? Any news on the make up of the grades and how many clubs will be around?

Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

roosters hack;402618 said:
All has gone very quiet on this site...yeah i know it's winter but surely someone has some news on how the hell this comp will survive into the future? Any news on the make up of the grades and how many clubs will be around?

Good questions. If what I believe is true then the comp could be in trouble with our club, Melton centrals, Werribee centrals, Caroline springs, Burnside all pulling sides out then all that remains from last season is A grade St Johns and Altona Sports, B grade St johns Altona Roosters and Footscray United, C grade Hopperscrossing, Kingy Bapts, Willi Congs, And Altona , D Grade Hopperscrossing, Willing Congs, Footscray Ana, the oneday comp would prob remain the same, with us and Melton centrals havinhg 5-6 sides then 1-2 might remain in the lower grades ie d depending on how many teams we have exactly and how many syntheic comps in the WADCA. so maybe the merger option may have been a better alternative after all. We can can only wait and see. Lets hope for the comps sake and with its long history it doesnt fold as it would be a shame.

Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 2010/11

roosters hack;402618 said:

There are definitely some interesting times ahead for the WSUCCA. In regards to where the association stands in the future, time will tell. I think the AGM in 2 weeks time will definitely thrash out some major talking points in regards to were the comp goes into the future.

With the word out there of more and more clubs leaving, it is hard to see the comp surviving. It would be interesting to get opinions out there as to why the comp has got to this situation of clubs leaving and battling to survive. Is the sole reason the decision the Executive made 2 years ago not to replay the semi finals of the turf grade after the pitches were vandalise or are their many other factors? Speaking to people from the clubs who participated in the last turf final series they have indicated to me that they were changing comps irrespective of what happened that year.

Could the following reasons be possible causes for the demise in the Association or are there other issues which are causing problems for the Association?

• A Lack of new faces in Senior Positions on the WSUCCA Executive, which means no new ideas for future? (NOT MY PERSONAL VIEW, JUST ASKING THE QUESTION)
• Is it frustration and disagreement with the Executive’s decision making which has forced clubs to leave in frustration?
• Is it clubs feeling that certain other clubs were being given preferential treatment in regards to their grading level and therefore leaving the comp in frustration?
• Is having the name Church in the associations name a negative factor in attracting new clubs and quality players to the Association?
• By going to another comp does it enable you to attract better cricketers and grow your club? Does the WSUCCA prevent clubs from growing bigger and if so why?
• Is the Western Suburbs demographics not big enough now to have 3 Cricket Associations (WSUCCA, WDCA & VTCA)?
• Is it the Associations decision not to allow player payments, which means clubs will go to other comps where this is allowed?
• Is the cost to entering teams in this association to high?
• Is it the quality of competition that has forced clubs to leave?

It would be interesting to get different peoples perspective on why this comp has got to its current position of struggle.

I will say it has been a great comp to be involved with as both a player and umpire. It has enabled me to meet many great people, see many great cricketers as well be involved in many great matches. Personaly I will be sad to see the comp finishes up but as they all say all good thing have to come to an end one day.

well looking at the teams that are going and the teams that are staying, (i think) there will be about 28 teams left (if you include all the melton centrals teams going). 10 of these teams are in the one day comp which leaves 18 teams left. I am assuming that they will try and cut them into either 2 or 3 divisions. if they try and continue like this there will be no churches comp the season after. The standard will be very poor in 'A' Grade and there will be floggings all around the association with teams unable to 'regrade'. Unless they get an influx of 2 or 3 clubs with 2 or 3 teams each, I think the best idea is to tell the WDCA they win and go to them. Will be unfortunate to see it go, but they have to see the writing on the wall and to continue with such little teams is stupidity (so the association will do this)

Go Sainters!

Well Monday 26/7/10 is upon us and it is the date of the WSUCCA Annual General Meeting. I think this years meeting will definately be a forum for interesting discussion. It will be interesting to here what the future holds for the Association going forward. I am going to go along to here what is said and see where the future lies.

So what happened at the AGM, will there be a WSCCA Comp in 2010-11, was this discuss at the meeting. Not looking good

going on from what people have told me that went, there was no discussion on whether the competition is going ahead or not, just business as usual. It looks like there will be a comp this coming season, but I dont think there will be an even competition there at all. Altona Sports and St Johns must be looking at their options with them the only 2 a grade teams left. They will be thumping teams on matts. I think the comp is dead and buried, maybe not this season, but next season it will unless they get 3-4 new clubs in with 3 teams each.

StAndrewsman;404185 said:
going on from what people have told me that went, there was no discussion on whether the competition is going ahead or not, just business as usual. It looks like there will be a comp this coming season, but I dont think there will be an even competition there at all. Altona Sports and St Johns must be looking at their options with them the only 2 a grade teams left. They will be thumping teams on matts. I think the comp is dead and buried, maybe not this season, but next season it will unless they get 3-4 new clubs in with 3 teams each.

You are right mate ...not looking too good at all!! the committee needs to go into the room of mirrors and have a good hard look...it seems that nothing has been done to try to rectify the problem or get new clubs into the comp...sad really!!:(

roosters hack;404226 said:
You are right mate ...not looking too good at all!! the committee needs to go into the room of mirrors and have a good hard look...it seems that nothing has been done to try to rectify the problem or get new clubs into the comp...sad really!!:(

Don't realy think theres much more the committee can do. No new clubs in area and existing clubs in other comps are in better standard comps and wont come over.

Claude did mention at AGM that he is in discussions with a guy who is very keen to bring a minimum of 16 teams to the comp. He didn't say who or where they are coming from, but he said it sounded promising. If he pulled that off it would be a good result.

I'd be sceptical of that ... 16 teams?!?

What are they going to try and do - get teams from districts such as Little River or Bacchus Marsh?

I just can't see where 16 teams would come from.

Billy Bowden;404259 said:
Don't realy think theres much more the committee can do. No new clubs in area and existing clubs in other comps are in better standard comps and wont come over.

Claude did mention at AGM that he is in discussions with a guy who is very keen to bring a minimum of 16 teams to the comp. He didn't say who or where they are coming from, but he said it sounded promising. If he pulled that off it would be a good result.

Mate...i hate to sound like a broken record but if this committee did the job they were elected to do the comp would not be in this mess in the first place!! 16 teams...pie in the sky stuff!! sounds like the vicar has been into the sacremental wine......

roosters hack;404363 said:
Mate...i hate to sound like a broken record but if this committee did the job they were elected to do the comp would not be in this mess in the first place!! 16 teams...pie in the sky stuff!! sounds like the vicar has been into the sacremental wine......

MR Rajit Sing of the wear what you want Wednesday comp is interested in giving his flegling comp some structure but the sticking point at this point in time is the word Churches in the title for this new soon to be super power of Astro turf cricket in Victoria.
Look out Willy comp.
The CHURCHES, HINDY, JUDAIST, BUDHIST & Islam Western Cricket Competition is gathering momentum.... coming to a concrete wicket near you.:D;)

roosters hack;404363 said:

I too think its Pie in the Sky mate, but I am just letting people know what Claude said. They obviously have something on the agenda. If it comes off then they will be have pulled of a big coupe.

At the end of the day I too think its sad to see a very good comp fall but there are many reasons why it has fallen like this. Possible reasons include;

• A Lack of new faces in Senior Positions on the WSUCCA Executive, which means no new ideas for future? (NOT MY PERSONAL VIEW, JUST ASKING THE QUESTION)
• frustration and disagreement with the Executive’s decision making which has forced clubs to leave in frustration?
• Clubs feeling that certain other clubs were being given preferential treatment in regards to their grading level and therefore leaving the comp in frustration?
• Having the name Church in the associations name a negative factor in attracting new clubs and quality players to the Association?
• By going to another comp does it enable you to attract better cricketers and grow your club? Does the WSUCCA prevent clubs from growing bigger and if so why?
• Is the Western Suburbs demographics not big enough now to have 3 Cricket Associations (WSUCCA, WDCA & VTCA)?
• Is it the Associations decision not to allow player payments, which means clubs will go to other comps where this is allowed?

At end of the day I am sure there will be a game somewhere to collect a $100 for umpiring.

BigCoq;404365 said:
MR Rajit Sing of the wear what you want Wednesday comp is interested in giving his flegling comp some structure but the sticking point at this point in time is the word Churches in the title for this new soon to be super power of Astro turf cricket in Victoria.
Look out Willy comp.
The CHURCHES, HINDY, JUDAIST, BUDHIST & Islam Western Cricket Competition is gathering momentum.... coming to a concrete wicket near you.:D;)

All your mates????

Billy Bowden;404367 said:
I too think its Pie in the Sky mate, but I am just letting people know what Claude said. They obviously have something on the agenda. If it comes off then they will be have pulled of a big coupe.

At the end of the day I too think its sad to see a very good comp fall but there are many reasons why it has fallen like this. Possible reasons include;

• frustration and disagreement with the Executive’s decision making which has forced clubs to leave in frustration?
• Clubs feeling that certain other clubs were being given preferential treatment in regards to their grading level and therefore leaving the comp in frustration?
• Having the name Church in the associations name a negative factor in attracting new clubs and quality players to the Association?

At end of the day I am sure there will be a game somewhere to collect a $100 for umpiring.

let us just say Billy Bowden, that preety much all these questions you post are right on the money. No excecutive changes (none significant anyway), stupidity of the executive, grading system is stupid (looking after teams) etc.
16 teams is coming from where? Hope you guys like travelling. We have to go to Craigeburn this season, you guys will be travelling a lot further if 16 teams come in. Just call it quits on the association so at least the Willi Comp can survive.

StAndrewsman;404493 said:
let us just say Billy Bowden, that preety much all these questions you post are right on the money. No excecutive changes (none significant anyway), stupidity of the executive, grading system is stupid (looking after teams) etc.
16 teams is coming from where? Hope you guys like travelling. We have to go to Craigeburn this season, you guys will be travelling a lot further if 16 teams come in. Just call it quits on the association so at least the Willi Comp can survive.

The Willy comp will survive without the churches you goose!!!!!!!!!

hussler;404506 said:
The Willy comp will survive without the churches you goose!!!!!!!!!

it may well do but u dont wont the competition to be a shadow of its former self...
if your looking at Point Cook to get u out of the S--t..
Melton will move on if they get there own Turf wicket garaunteed.

Word around the camp fire is that a 20/20 comp is on the way ....most likely on Sundays?? Aint that funny the Churches running a comp on Sundee...I Don't know how it's going to work out but you would reckon that they will need more that this to save thier sorry arses!!

roosters hack;406288 said:
Word around the camp fire is that a 20/20 comp is on the way ....most likely on Sundays?? Aint that funny the Churches running a comp on Sundee...I Don't know how it's going to work out but you would reckon that they will need more that this to save thier sorry arses!!

I would call that an admission of defeat if this is true. My old club fielded a 5th side in the comp in the mid 2000s and the difference in admin between Churches and VTCA was astounding - they didn't seem to have progressed with the times.

Grassroots cricket is getting to a point where regionalisation seems to be the go.

In Adelaide, the 5-6 associations look like they will become 2 or 3 below SACA level in the next couple of years with their turf comp (ATCA) looking after all suburban turf and the synthetic cricket run by either a Suburban competition or else a Northern CA and Southern CA.

Perth cricket was rationalised from around 8-9 comps to 5 in the mid 1990s and competitions are pretty much four sythetic comps (north, south, east and central), plus a turf comp covering the metro area.

I can see a time where Melbourne is divided into four, maybe five synthetic cricket competitions played regionally with a full-time admin officer/secretary looking after each competition (in a structure way that suburban footy is managed now), with the VTCA handling all turf cricket below Premier level.

Back