Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 2010/11

Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 2010/11

stacksonthemill;406543 said:
I would call that an admission of defeat if this is true. My old club fielded a 5th side in the comp in the mid 2000s and the difference in admin between Churches and VTCA was astounding - they didn't seem to have progressed with the times.

Grassroots cricket is getting to a point where regionalisation seems to be the go.

In Adelaide, the 5-6 associations look like they will become 2 or 3 below SACA level in the next couple of years with their turf comp (ATCA) looking after all suburban turf and the synthetic cricket run by either a Suburban competition or else a Northern CA and Southern CA.

Perth cricket was rationalised from around 8-9 comps to 5 in the mid 1990s and competitions are pretty much four sythetic comps (north, south, east and central), plus a turf comp covering the metro area.

I can see a time where Melbourne is divided into four, maybe five synthetic cricket competitions played regionally with a full-time admin officer/secretary looking after each competition (in a structure way that suburban footy is managed now), with the VTCA handling all turf cricket below Premier level.

Ahh the common sense approach...would love to see someone in a position of Authority or power to think as you do, sadly in the Churches the old heads rule the roost and no-one is willing to put up thier hand to dethrone them!! I do recall early this year a plan was drawn up to bring the three local comps in the west together by the VTCA and as always it failed to get any traction!!

roosters hack;406288 said:
Word around the camp fire is that a 20/20 comp is on the way ....most likely on Sundays?? Aint that funny the Churches running a comp on Sundee...I Don't know how it's going to work out but you would reckon that they will need more that this to save thier sorry arses!!

Can confirm the talk of a T20 comp. the thought is even on a weekday. Not so sure about this.

It could be pretty popular, as anyone can play in it, although it could just turn into a social event.

other than that, the ship is sinking quicker than the Titanic.

roosters hack;406905 said:
Ahh the common sense approach...would love to see someone in a position of Authority or power to think as you do, sadly in the Churches the old heads rule the roost and no-one is willing to put up thier hand to dethrone them!! I do recall early this year a plan was drawn up to bring the three local comps in the west together by the VTCA and as always it failed to get any traction!!

I'm in the right line of work ... but I am in the wrong state for you guys

So the first meeting of the new season was held last night ...and it was pretty quick I gotta say not that much to talk about I guess..anyways it seems the comp is down to TWO senior grades an A Grade and a B Grade with a one day comp and maybe a 20/20 on Sundays (not confirmed). From what was a proud and strong local comp to this level is a absolute shame.:eek:

Now you cant guess who you will b e playing that week, Usually it was 'Who are we playing this week, Melton .......' lol

I think it will beA grade and B grade and that is all. 1 more season to go, and then bye bye. Whoever plays this season should get a free trip to the Churches Championships in Sydney. Who are they gonna choose for that? lol

StAndrewsman;408415 said:
Now you cant guess who you will b e playing that week, Usually it was 'Who are we playing this week, Melton .......' lol

I think it will beA grade and B grade and that is all. 1 more season to go, and then bye bye. Whoever plays this season should get a free trip to the Churches Championships in Sydney. Who are they gonna choose for that? lol

Went to an umpire meeting the other night and was told the structure of the grading this year. There is an 8 team A Matts and an 8 team B Matts playing 2 Day cricket. There is a 12 Team One Day Grade. There will also very likely be a 12 Team Sunday 20/20 Grade. The 20/20 Grade will run independantly from the other grades. For example you could play for Altona Roosters in the A, B or One day Grade and then be registered to play with St Johns in the 20/20 Comp.

Billy Bowden;408509 said:
Went to an umpire meeting the other night and was told the structure of the grading this year. There is an 8 team A Matts and an 8 team B Matts playing 2 Day cricket. There is a 12 Team One Day Grade. There will also very likely be a 12 Team Sunday 20/20 Grade. The 20/20 Grade will run independantly from the other grades. For example you could play for Altona Roosters in the A, B or One day Grade and then be registered to play with St Johns in the 20/20 Comp.

http://yeah-hi.com/files/cool-story-bro.jpg

Back