What bat do you use?

SAfrican

Banned
What bat do you use?

I play cricket in Under 13's and I use a MRF Genius, it is a great bat and I have improved my batting ever since I got it. So what bat do you use?

Re: What bat do you use?

i'm greedy i have 3,

A newbury Samurai
A Custom Made County
And A Kookaburra Kahuna RP on its way!

i use a kookaburra big belta
goes alrite. had it 4 a few yrs now n a few ppl have used it so its almost time 4 a new 1

Either a Grey Nicholls or a Sturridge. Both have been stripped of stickers, so both are plain at the moment.

Been looking at the Adidas bats but not sure at the moment. Need to pretty much replace all my kit so a new bat may take a back seat for now.

I used a Slazenger v389 pro until the handle broke last week, so now I'm borrowing bats off tail-enders until it's fixed :(

Decided to get a Grey Nicholls Xiphos. Should get it in few days so will be interesting to see it.

Was tempted to get a custom made bat for the same price but may save that option for next time.

If you're looking for Cricket Bats, i no a great cricket shop - Cricket Equipment: Cricket Shop: Cricket Bats[/url] - they've even got a cricket bat guide!They supply a load of different types of cricket equipment in general so its worth checking out.

Kooka big beast atm, also have a DER turbonator I used last season or the Kooka belta that I have rarely used. I had trouble finding a bat I liked for a while but the Big Beast is perfect. I wanted the Slazenger Sxi but wasnt willing to spend the money on it

I play Under 17's Div 1 and usualy come in just to belt the ball and i use the Gray Nicholls Fusion 500. Best bat i came accross, weighted a bit to you feel like you have a bat in your hands and not a twig and the meat on it, is fairly decent. The carbon handle is great, because once you time it out of the middle you barely feel anything.

Used a Fusion Superbest for the last couple of years, will be using my own brand (Itias) next year alongside an SG I reckon.

As mentioned above (somewhere), I ordered (would normally go in person but I'm stuck in a place where there are very few options in terms of buying cricket kit, so mail order sadly :() a Grey Nicholls Xiphos, which turned up today.

face.jpg
edge.jpg
back.jpg

The grain is a little wide for my normal tastes (although there are 8) with a little bit of hard wood on the edge (no bad thing, especially for me) but it taps up well and the ball seems to ping off it nicely. Nice bit of meat in the middle as well.

I'm impressed by the apparent edge width, especially when compared to some of the other bats I have around the place, you can really see the trend developing over the last 3/4 years or so.

I'm looking for a bit of a workhorse bat that will last for 2/3 seasons and I think this will do that job with ease.

Back