What bat do you use?

Re: What bat do you use?

No I don't think it's that, I made sure that it was in decent condition, actually knocked it in abit and oiled it just after christmas, and then oiled and did abit of knocking in before nets last week, and it's getting worse. I think it's just the fact it's a Woodworm, which don't have great reviews at all, and the fact they're mass produced for as cheap as possible means you're not going to get a guaranteed great piece of willow. Think I'll just tape it, buy a GM Icon and use the Woodworm as a back-up.

how did you store it after you oiled it?

strangely it can make a difference......
even though i knocked in my New Kook for hours, i was in the nets last night and our quickie (bowls early 80 mph) managed to dent it!

but never mind

It was stood up in my room, I made sure not to store it somewhere damp or too cold or anything, was just stood up next to my bedroom door. It actually cracked after first use, the toe, even after knocking in for over an hour and a half cracked quite considerably, with the crack actually moving up onto the face, with a large dent. I managed to sand it out well enough so that it's not overly noticeable, but I've been having problems with it since I got it. It goes nicely when you hit the middle, but the fact that if you hit the ball off anywhere other than the middle it cracks. Hopefully the G&M will be better, if I buy it of course!

you should really store it horizontally, especially after oiling, stops it from pooling or staying in one part of the bat!

i did the same with my custom county, must have knocked it in for 10 hours, especially the toe,

3 nets sessions later and a yorker later and i split it all the way through!

had to glue it and protect it. been ok ever since!

Front1.jpg

Edge.jpg

New Bat. GM Icon 909 DXM. It really is a beaut. Picks up beautifully, is very well weighted and the grains are fantastic. 10 dead straight grains. So much nicer than my Woodworm. The edges on this new bat are thick as anything.

King Pietersen;333961 said:
Front1.jpg

Edge.jpg

New Bat. GM Icon 909 DXM. It really is a beaut. Picks up beautifully, is very well weighted and the grains are fantastic. 10 dead straight grains. So much nicer than my Woodworm. The edges on this new bat are thick as anything.

looks like a beautiful bat
how much does it weigh?

King Pietersen;333961 said:
Front1.jpg

Edge.jpg

I have fallen in love with this bat, how much did it cost you?

Was £161 and surprisingly weighs just 2lb9oz. It looks incredibly beefy, but in the hand picks up beautifully, feels almost perfect. Really looking forward to using it in the nets on Sunday =D

My kit got stolen not too long ago, and I havent raised enough funds yet to get myself some new stuff. i have been making do with some really cheap stuff i bought just before a game not long ago and they are working really well!

I bought a kookaburra genesis 10000 for $10 off one of my mates who didnt want it anymore and he knew i didnt have a bat. its a little small, but I don't classify myself as a good batsmen so i don't mind. the funny thing is is that i dont think i will get another bat for as long as this one lasts. it was also a factory reject, and not being a top of the line bat anyway when you hit the ball its sounds dead, unless you middle it. it has the best middle on a bat i have ever seen! it absolutely flies off of it and almost makes me want to start laughing uncontrollably when it does, because if you hit it with anywhere else it just dies. its teaching me to hit the ball out of the middle, and now if i dont middle it it dies so much that it doesnt carry to any fielders for a catch! i love my very very bad bat!

my weopon of choice is the big kahuna. can hit a ball. too bad i didnt do to much of that with it this year:p

DY13;341593 said:
my weopon of choice is the big kahuna. can hit a ball. too bad i didnt do to much of that with it this year:p

You hit a couple of 70's?

Which is more than I can say, High score of 37.

I just got a new one, Fisher Best Custom, got it for 315 instead of 470.

breeno;341617 said:
You hit a couple of 70's?

Which is more than I can say, High score of 37.

I just got a new one, Fisher Best Custom, got it for 315 instead of 470.
yeh an 80 odd and a 70 odd cant say i did much besides those 2 lol

My last 2 bats have been made by Lachlan Fisher's company. As said in the other thread, he is really a great bloke!

The first one I got was when I was 14, weighed 2.5. Wasn't the top of the line but the one below it. It was a great bat and I made loads of runs with it.

Had it stolen when I was 17 and had to get a new one. Got a custom made and it too weighs 2.5. Was good to start off with but now the toe is fairly non respondant when the ball hits it. However the middle is as good as the first but I'm reluctantly thinking about putting it into retirement to get a GM.

I can't wait to get over to England next year and pick up 2 or 3 good bats. King Pieterson your GM looks brilliant and I wish I could pick one up like that for the converted price (around $350) instead of paying double here.

Before that I had a rubbish Kookaburra. Never going near one of them again.

Back