What you feel before going out to the middle

Re: What you feel before going out to the middle

when im going out to bat i have to piss.
and i feel pretty nervous, i hope its the over and im at the non-strikers end, so i can get the feel of it 1st.
when im bowling...no nervousness. just hope it doesnt swing off the pitch. nothing worse then losing confidence after the 1st ball.

Hooper said:
What you feel before going out to the middle?

Well, as soon as I hear "Yeaaah....Goooot Hiiiiimmm!!!" I basically shit myself. Iam possibly the most nervous person in the world. I am easy to get out in the first over because I hardly watch the ball.

Nah mate, i am. I get nervous walking out there but once i score my first one im fine, im played in then :p
Oh and im the worst person to open with.
Coaching- "Matt and Tom your opening"
Me- "Shot gun not facing first ball!!"
I like to see how fast the bowler is, so i try and not face the first ball of the second over too :p
Bowling i just feel excitement.

MarkMiller93 said:
and i feel pretty nervous, i hope its the over and im at the non-strikers end, so i can get the feel of it 1st.
when im bowling...no nervousness. just hope it doesnt swing off the pitch. nothing worse then losing confidence after the 1st ball.

I remember when I first started playing. I put on most of my gear and as my bat drew closer and closer I felt like I had to "let go" :embarrassed:. Though now I can keep it all in :D

When it comes to batting; the moment i proceed towards to the crease.I say to myself "Yes I have been waiting for this opportunity and all the remaining overs for me to play" and then it also all about batting as per circumstances;checking the pitch talking to the non-striker asking him about how the pitch is offering today.Then the usual rituals of taking guard;adjusting the helmet,box to take some time to settle the nerves;observing the field palcements and of course gaps and taking the non-striker into confidence. ::)
While bowling; i am pretty sure when my turn to bowl is coming so watching the batsmen right from the start is very important so i can be sure what are his strong and weak points;how can i block him so in the end he is going commit an error. :D
Before starting my bowling spell; adjusting the field as per my game plan is important place the right fielders at the right place.Even the run-up is also slow which furstates the batsmen also and is very effective for me in blocking his scoring shots :D

MarkMiller93 said:

Thank god I'm not the only one! :embarrassed:

i am pretty nervous until i get the first runs the first ball is especially. after that i settle down and have a chat with the non striker about the pitch and the situation.

Walking to the middle i am always so nervous. having achived so many ducks i fear there will always be another. although 2 of my ducks could easily have been singles but nobody backs me up. i just think that people want me to get ducks. i always get cheers if i get off the mark aswell. im not used to it.
Bowling i am always nervous that my first ball will be a wide. if i get given the ball early in the game i am most nervous because it swings and usually too much to be able to control but nowadays i bowl over the seam

im never nervous. im always confident going out in the middle and ready to smash the bowling around the park. im the first change bowler so before bowling i try to analyse the batsman and decide how im going to bowl to him.

Swing is a massive part of any game and as a left hander i know, if you get it right, especially inswing to the right hander, it can be deadly, maybe allow yourself a few more mistakes, and take chances!

And the duck thing, its a mental side of your game, if you think, "Im gunna hit a century here," you'd be better off, but you're thinking, "Duck number 100 here," which isnt good even for the likes of Pontings game!

Big yourself up, tell yourself this is your game!

The only thing I feel are the little love eggs behind my box - gotta make sure the boys are safe.

Hooper said:
What you feel before going out to the middle?

Well, as soon as I hear "Yeaaah....Goooot Hiiiiimmm!!!" I basically shit myself. Iam possibly the most nervous person in the world. I am easy to get out in the first over because I hardly watch the ball.

Nah mate, i am. I get nervous walking out there but once i score my first one im fine, im played in then :p
Oh and im the worst person to open with.
Coaching- "Matt and Tom your opening"
Me- "Shot gun not facing first ball!!"
I like to see how fast the bowler is, so i try and not face the first ball of the second over too :p
Bowling i just feel excitement.

danicus said:
The only thing I feel are the little love eggs behind my box - gotta make sure the boys are safe.

:D

When I first started playing I used to feel a bit sick before batting, now it's not so bad, unless it's against real pace.

When it comes to batting; the moment i proceed towards to the crease.I say to myself "Yes I have been waiting for this opportunity and all the remaining overs for me to play" and then it also all about batting as per circumstances;checking the pitch talking to the non-striker asking him about how the pitch is offering today.Then the usual rituals of taking guard;adjusting the helmet,box to take some time to settle the nerves;observing the field palcements and of course gaps and taking the non-striker into confidence. ::)
While bowling; i am pretty sure when my turn to bowl is coming so watching the batsmen right from the start is very important so i can be sure what are his strong and weak points;how can i block him so in the end he is going commit an error. :D
Before starting my bowling spell; adjusting the field as per my game plan is important place the right fielders at the right place.Even the run-up is also slow which furstates the batsmen also and is very effective for me in blocking his scoring shots :D

i am pretty nervous until i get the first runs the first ball is especially. after that i settle down and have a chat with the non striker about the pitch and the situation.

I've been really really nervous lately. I just can't stop myself.No matter who I'm facing, I'm just stuffed.

im never nervous. im always confident going out in the middle and ready to smash the bowling around the park. im the first change bowler so before bowling i try to analyse the batsman and decide how im going to bowl to him.

that happens to me when im out of form. i tell my mates to cross over if they get out so that i dont have to face the next ball.

I am very eager to go out when batting but I hate to go out for fielding in the hot sun. Some grounds have very little grass so I dont enjoy diving.

danicus said:

:D

When I first started playing I used to feel a bit sick before batting, now it's not so bad, unless it's against real pace.

i kno what you mean about the grass had to play on sand when i was on hoilday in the uae, man that stuff is rough and so hot

@saen - just relax man it will be good you are only playing a game

i used to get really nervous and wish i would just get out to stop the nerves, but now i am surprisingly calm, its amazing what a little time in the middle will do

I've been really really nervous lately. I just can't stop myself.No matter who I'm facing, I'm just stuffed.

When going out to bat all I think about it not getting out first ball :p. Bowling I feel more relaxed as there are your fellow team-members around you.

that happens to me when im out of form. i tell my mates to cross over if they get out so that i dont have to face the next ball.

Whilst waiting for that first ball, what do you do Amir? Check your defense is working? Mess around with your protection? Or have a laugh with the wicketkeeper and slips?

I do the wicketkeeper point, keeps my mind off it ;)

I am very eager to go out when batting but I hate to go out for fielding in the hot sun. Some grounds have very little grass so I dont enjoy diving.

I am very restless before going out to bat but once i hit the ball with the middle of the bat i feel more comfortable.
if i go out to bat feeling confident i always mess up so i always try to be nervous before going in.

i kno what you mean about the grass had to play on sand when i was on hoilday in the uae, man that stuff is rough and so hot

@saen - just relax man it will be good you are only playing a game

By being nervous your probably being more careful than when you are confident. and yes i also have had that problem

i used to get really nervous and wish i would just get out to stop the nerves, but now i am surprisingly calm, its amazing what a little time in the middle will do

When going out to bat all I think about it not getting out first ball :p. Bowling I feel more relaxed as there are your fellow team-members around you.

Whilst waiting for that first ball, what do you do Amir? Check your defense is working? Mess around with your protection? Or have a laugh with the wicketkeeper and slips?

I do the wicketkeeper point, keeps my mind off it ;)

I am very restless before going out to bat but once i hit the ball with the middle of the bat i feel more comfortable.
if i go out to bat feeling confident i always mess up so i always try to be nervous before going in.

Back