Whats the fastest you have faced?

Basit770

Whats the fastest you have faced?

Hi, just wondering what speed the fastest bowling you have faced was? Yesterday i faced 65MPH on the bowling machine-wasn't fast at all. I felt i could go higher but i always feel bowlers are quicer than the machine.

So, whats the fastest speed you have faced and how did you cope with it?

Re: Whats the fastest you have faced?

I've stood in front of the wicket and tried to get a bat on something that was about 75-80 from a bowler but the most I've ever batted comfortably against was 68-70 on the bowling machine.

weve got a chap in our club who is bowling early eighties!

i feel he is hitting my bat more than i'm hitting the ball!

I faced 100kph in u12s.
icon2.gif

Well it's fast in u12s....

We had two guys in our nets one right hand and other left hand fast.
They were approx. bowling speed will be more than 80mph for sure.They also swinged the ball very accurately.We had tough time facing them in nets but the batting really improved.
Two matches i remember when i faced a right hand fast bowler with accurate outswing and pace well above 80mph.we had to leave their over and concentrate on the other bowler but we managed to get singles and make sure the score board was ticking.

I have no idea since I haven't faced a bowling machine. It couldn't have been more than 120kmph considering that even most of India's national bowlers struggle to consistently bowl at 135kmph.

One of our bowlers in U17's bowls 125-130km/h,
I havent faced him though

135 kph. Everyone thought I played the guy best in our team - I played lots of square drives. Actually I wanted to drive him straight down but he was too fast for that - all the shots went square - I just played along and acted as if I had hit them there. :D

But about 6months later when I faced him, I could play him properly. I'd defend most of the good balls - hit the overpitched ones and work singles. Just had to make sure I looked really confident to him.

it's just a wild guess with the aid of comparisons against a bowling machine, but i'd be saying late 70s/ early 80s.

ive seen those, and would get one if i could afford one! although the club is looking to purchase one soon!

If you make contact with Bola, you may be able to get placed on a waiting list for refurbished machines. They don't get many, so they are like gold dust but always worth asking, as it'll save you a bit.

I 've faced a bowler who can bowl in the high 70's with the wind coming from the left of me. I was a sitting duck because he can get the ball to swing a lot.

i face 125-130kph (80mph) last season... the bloke had a mad run up and action... swung the ball either way and was fairly accurate....

had a mean bouncer 2.... it broke my nose in 2 places and gave me a concussion that put me off school for a week.... i batted on but.. and fielded :)

I faced an over of 90mph and one delivery of 96mph in the nets with a bowling machine once. I didn't know anything about the 96mph ball until it hit the net behind me :blink: but I managed to get bat on a couple of the 90mph deliveries. More out of self defense than trying to play a shot though!!

Most of the bowling I face in the league is around 65-70mph which I find is quick enough for me.

Faced about 140kph in a game.. he wasn't a very good bowler only had 2 lengths- the bouncer & the yorker.. but the keeper was half way to the boundary..

The only way you can counter that kind of pace (if you aren't a test player and see it in the nets every day) is to take a much smaller back lift- keep the full balls out, duck the short ones, and try and "work" the rest around- I found that if you angled the bat a little you could use the pace..

Only scored 39 opening.. but it felt like I had been out there for a year- adrenaline really pumping

It's as much in the mind when you're facing that kind of pace as technique, especially if it's in club cricket.

Back