Whats the plan now?

B

Bennycoff

Whats the plan now?

Well nothing seems to be happening over here, what is our plan of attack for the new fantasy season?

Firstly I think we need a list of posting members from each team first and then see how many we have left over. So post your sides up.

We need to start a membership drive, so start asking mates from other fantasy leagues and forums and get them into it.

This league can become strong again it just needs support.

Re: Whats the plan now?

Nope, it's having a slow and painful death, very sad.

We need all members to get back and support it otherwise might as well wipe it.

I tried to generate discussion about this with my thread but it seems that everyone was happy to sit around and do pretty much nothing. I'm willing to go through team lists and see who's posting and get this competition started up again.

FIGJAMS:

Bennycoff
Will_85
Younginator
Guru
Copernicus
SouthSwans
Donk
Hollywood
Panda

Jimmy will be back after EXAMS and wants a fresh start, whilst Eddie retired.

Caribbean Crusaders:

Squiz
Blue Red and Gold
Drummond (hasn't been around for a while)
King Brown
Ljp86
Leg Spinning Sensation

Kandy Lions:

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!
mike
The Flamin' Mongrel (occasional)
Bluto11 (occasional)
Chandu (still around the other boards)
sportzchick (back from hiatus)
Stamislav
cleazer

Indomitable Magpies:

Armageddon
Cameron
Barcarulz (occasional)
Helmie (occasional)
Pie 4 Life (occasional)
Therbs
Catcozmo (occasional)
Southswans
Fred (occasional)

Gone Missing

Philhawk
Waspy

That's a run-down of who posts and who doesn't. A few are not frequent posters but visit enough and post occasionally which is fine by me. Each team seems to have a core group of posters with a few that post occasionally, so it's not as bad as it seems.

Be interesting to know where Waspy and Philhawk have gone.

Including the stats that Bennycoff has provided, that leaves us with a total of 33 players, enough to fill three full playing XI's. Which means that a further 11 are required to make the competition require 44 posting players. Currently, most teams need about 2-5 posters to make their playing XI's complete. Other posters that were a part of teams could be contacted to see if they are still interested but otherwise they should be delisted and out of the competition entirely. There is no point putting these players in the draft if they aren't contributing to the competition as that trend will just continue. However, if teams require them to get a team on the field then they can be used.

I think, that for the time being, we should concentrate on getting another 11 on the park and not worry about filling 14 or 15 player squad sizes. Let's get this thing going again and posters that do become interested can be recruited and take the places of those who aren't posting as much.

That's just an idea on my behalf.

D'oh!! Was using the old lists.

See, this is why having extended edit time would be a good idea.

Hmmm....maybe we can see where the Ashes take us? If we can't extra traffic from that then nothing will. Give it a month or so and perhaps we'll have some extra members to play with.

The biggest problem is that nobody is running the comp. There should be one person in charge and they set the agenda.

Find someone willing to run the thing and let them get on with it. The crap about who is or isn't posting is a side-issue. The way things are going, nobody will be posting. Everybody is sitting around waiting for someone else to do something.

Stop talking and actually do something.

From the other threads, it seems like the general consensus is to pretty much "leave things as they are" for the most part. (Or were the Magpies being kicked out?)

Hmm, I'd suggest setting a date (like within the next 2 or 4 days) for all captains or teams to submit lists of who they're keeping, with everybody else going in the draft.

fred;118096 said:
The biggest problem is that nobody is running the comp. There should be one person in charge and they set the agenda.

Find someone willing to run the thing and let them get on with it. The crap about who is or isn't posting is a side-issue. The way things are going, nobody will be posting. Everybody is sitting around waiting for someone else to do something.

Stop talking and actually do something.

There is the main problem, no one is doing anything. Need someone or a group committed to run the show, does not happen here sadly.

I volunteer.

I will set a schedule to get ready for the season, come up with a fixtures list, and take care of things. The only thing I don't know about is how the matches actually are played, but if someone could explain it to me, I could do that too. Otherwise someone else (squiz maybe?) could continue running the matches themselves.

as long as there are no objections, I will try to whip together a schedule by Friday. If there are objections, fire away.

The matches are simmed using a cricket-simulation program by Abdur Rehman, if you want to google it. The process of simming a match and posting it on bigcricket is slightly time-consuming, so it's probably best to have a different person responsible for simming each comp.

I should have time to take care of it (though if someone volunteers to help, I wouldn't be opposed to it). So the first step is to get teams and captains. I think it is imperative to keep four teams made up of posters, so we will stick with what we have.

Each team nominate a captain (or someone claim the captaincy) and post in this thread by 12:01 am GMT on Saturday. Each captain then can choose 5 previous players to keep, and the remaining players will enter a draft, the details of which will be explained in the coming days. Ideally I'd like to get to the first matches sometime between the 2nd and 3rd Ashes tests (6-13 dec.)

Again, I am just taking this on because nobody else was. If anyone has any issues with it or with any of my proposals, please let me know. In summary, captains post here so we know who you are.

Wilbix can be on the Fantasy Cup Admin then. Myself and ONB are the other members. You can have the major role on the board.

I'm willing to help out.

I'd like it if someone else could sim the matches this season, last seasons were like wilbix said very time consuming. Don't worry I'll still be around just as much.

I might hand the captaincy over as well.

Back