• Ishant Sharma

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Morne Morkel

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Peter Siddle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Who is the Biggest Rising Star

I am going to have to say J.P. Duminy the kids stroke play and temperament is freakish.

J.P. Duminy, Mendis and possibly Ishant Sharma.

Warner hasn't done anything save for one innings, the kid needs to add consistency to his game, although he has plenty of time to do so.

Warner just batted out of his skin on debut and hasn't looked a shade of how he did that night since.

He is not up to the test/ODI standard of cricket. Go back to shield cricket for a while and then show us if you are good enough.

JP Duminy by a long way. excellent temproment with the bat, both in tests and the shorter versions, handy little offies that he bowls, excellent in the field. a possible future leader for south africa

fmr_13;314182 said:
Warner just batted out of his skin on debut and hasn't looked a shade of how he did that night since.

He is not up to the test/ODI standard of cricket. Go back to shield cricket for a while and then show us if you are good enough.

Agreed.

Badger;314218 said:
JP Duminy by a long way. excellent temproment with the bat, both in tests and the shorter versions, handy little offies that he bowls, excellent in the field. a possible future leader for south africa

I don't think he should ever be made captain though. I think it would all get too much for him. I think the next captain should be Amla or De Villiers.

Definately Duminy, has really proved himself in all forms of the game against Australia this summer.

Warner's one great 20/20 innings isn't enough to rank him up with Duminy's talent.

mid wicket;314356 said:
Definately Duminy, has really proved himself in all forms of the game against Australia this summer.

Warner's one great 20/20 innings isn't enough to rank him up with Duminy's talent.

Yah Duminy has a much better technique than Warner as well.

grapedo;314412 said:
Yah Duminy has a much better technique than Warner as well.

Also from what I've seen Warner isn't very capable as a Test cricketer, while Duminy as I said has really proved himself.

mid wicket;314417 said:
Also from what I've seen Warner isn't very capable as a Test cricketer, while Duminy as I said has really proved himself.

Yeah I can't see Warner doing too well at Test level but he still needs to hit some runs at ODI as well. ATM he is just a one innings wonder.

grapedo;314421 said:
Yeah I can't see Warner doing too well at Test level but he still needs to hit some runs at ODI as well. ATM he is just a one innings wonder.

Like myself, minus the whole "having one good innings" part.

i must say that Dale Steyn is one of the most underrated overated players if you get what i mean
sure he cant swing it away from the left hander but its the same with Mitchell Johnson yet he has still been one of the better bowlers for Australia. in two series (India and South Africa) he has been able to take wickets and bowl at a better economy than most other Australian Bowlers.
I can honestley see Dale Steyn surpass 350 wickets in his career (as long as he doesnt get injured).
and yes David Warner makes a 80-something score on debut in a 20/20 and suddenley he is the next Bradman. No offence to him he's a good batsman but he's definitley not the next Bradman

grapedo;314318 said:
I don't think he should ever be made captain though. I think it would all get too much for him. I think the next captain should be Amla or De Villiers.
agreed with Amla

Custard_Pie;315517 said:
i must say that Dale Steyn is one of the most underrated overated players if you get what i mean
sure he cant swing it away from the left hander but its the same with Mitchell Johnson yet he has still been one of the better bowlers for Australia. in two series (India and South Africa) he has been able to take wickets and bowl at a better economy than most other Australian Bowlers.
I can honestley see Dale Steyn surpass 350 wickets in his career (as long as he doesnt get injured).
and yes David Warner makes a 80-something score on debut in a 20/20 and suddenley he is the next Bradman. No offence to him he's a good batsman but he's definitley not the next Bradman

Totally agree Steyn is only 25. He is picked up 60-70 wickets each in the last two seasons and if he stays healthy I can see him picking up 450+ test match wickets. Although I think he is at a peak and will not improve much from where he is now. He just needs to be more consistent with his control which usually comes to a fast bowler when they are about 28. Duminy still has many things to achieve though and that is why he is a brighter prospect than Steyn.

Mendis, then Duminy. Both a fantastic, but Mendis has more potential. He was incredible last year. He took 26 wickets @ 18 in 3 test matches and 48 @ 10 in ODI's. Can't go past that. His Carrom Ball is outstanding too.

Mousey;316972 said:
Mendis, then Duminy. Both a fantastic, but Mendis has more potential. He was incredible last year. He took 26 wickets @ 18 in 3 test matches and 48 @ 10 in ODI's. Can't go past that. His Carrom Ball is outstanding too.

yeh , i reckon you would take wickets against bangladesh and zimbabwe bowling spin as well mousey.

Back