Who is watching World Cup at the Stadiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Fan 11

Hey Cricket Fans - anyone planning to attend the Worldcup Games - some or all - in each of the countries? Its sounds like amazing schedule - 14 Countries playing in three different countries over 6 weeks or so. Very excited to catch some of those games on TV.
-SportsFan

I agree ......

Hey Ivanmata - I checked out your site SportsWager. Very interesting ...

I am curious - how active is Cricket Betting market compared to NFL, Soccer and the like?

I agree ......

Hey Ivanmata - I checked out your site SportsWager. Very interesting ...

I am curious - how active is Cricket Betting market compared to NFL, Soccer and the like?

If you look it from a global point of view, it's my opinion that betting on the NFL comes first in terms of volume of money. Betting on cricket is more popular in those countries where there's a fan base and their financial, social, legal and religious permit it. Lets say countries like England and Australia but not Pakistan or Zimbabwe. I'm very sure the volumes of money that are wagered on cricket are very similar to Rugby. Soccer betting is more popular though. Cricket is not very popular in the USA (sadly), I would love to see the USA play Cricket and Rugby world cups. Someday perhaps...

Cricket betting in Australia is certainly massive, as it is in England too. I am unsure about how big it is in Pakistan but with the recent spot-fixing scandals, I would suggest there must be a climate for betting there too. Perhaps it's more underground for the political and religious reasons you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back