Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

hussler;385238 said:
Mmmm would a interesting read....would be good for our comp to get more teams,the more the merrier I say,churches teams would be quite welcome......maybe we might meet in the matts next year.........:eek:

ur missing the point it wont be ur comp it will be a western churches something comp willy name disappears.
Well we do have far more superior matting comp.
Turf wont change no church sides have a ground.
Just a much bigger comp united and more pull.

hussler;385237 said:
The last time I played there it was ordinary & I see nothing has changed???

I'll be bringing our best bowling attack available down there so if we can get 100+ runs we should be in the mix.....;)

Yeah nothing has changed. You never know though, you might get a wicket with a few patches of grass haha ;)

hussler;385246 said:
Hahahaha maybe I did hear wrong..........:D

Still no response from the GrAY lord. If only he could BITE his tongue for long enough.

Speaking or GrAY lords, looking forward to having a banter with my the one from Wyndham Vale. Lucky we have a sponsor that does face shields, so he can't spit on us when he says "two shenters shanks ump".

still here boys.......looking f/ward to saturday v willy colts.....

2 losses on the trott yep we need a win and a big 1.......losses to 1st and second on the ladder isnt a bad thing when we have beaten them both convinsingly in the 2 dayers........

good luck on the weekend unyans......

unyuns;385398 said:
Still no response from the GrAY lord. If only he could BITE his tongue for long enough.

Speaking or GrAY lords, looking forward to having a banter with my the one from Wyndham Vale. Lucky we have a sponsor that does face shields, so he can't spit on us when he says "two shenters shanks ump".
And who might that be Unyuns?

BigCoq;385252 said:
ur missing the point it wont be ur comp it will be a western churches something comp willy name disappears.
Well we do have far more superior matting comp.
Turf wont change no church sides have a ground.
Just a much bigger comp united and more pull.

I've read the discussion paper & I wouldnt think that our clubs would be to happy about changing the comp name,our association name covers everybody as it is now....Williamstown & Districts cricket association......plus why would our matting grades want to travel to melton a few times a year...:(..................so 75% of the vote might be harder than it seems.........:eek:

Maybe the churches are in that bad of a situation that we should wait until they fold & then the clubs will have no option than to come to the WDCA.....:D

hussler;385458 said:
I've read the discussion paper & I wouldnt think that our clubs would be to happy about changing the comp name,our association name covers everybody as it is now....Williamstown & Districts cricket association......plus why would our matting grades want to travel to melton a few times a year...:(..................so 75% of the vote might be harder than it seems.........:eek:

Maybe the churches are in that bad of a situation that we should wait until they fold & then the clubs will have no option than to come to the WDCA.....:D

Churches are nowhere near folding Willy comps got sweet FA in the bank churches are cashed up 10 times better off financialy. Every comp has a cycle things eb and flowsgood times bad times. if your cashed up you can always ride out the storm. Sweet Fa cash makes people desperate maybe sleep with the ugly girl down the road for a buck.:eek:
I agree 75% will be tuff. I also believe it would make the west a realy big strong comp one of the best in Victoria it has alot of merit.

BigCoq;385459 said:
Churches are nowhere near folding Willy comps got sweet FA in the bank churches are cashed up 10 times better off financialy. Every comp has a cycle things eb and flowsgood times bad times. if your cashed up you can always ride out the storm. Sweet Fa cash makes people desperate maybe sleep with the ugly girl down the road for a buck.:eek:
I agree 75% will be tuff. I also believe it would make the west a realy big strong comp one of the best in Victoria it has alot of merit.

Money doesnt buy happiness.....:eek:

dolz;385451 said:
And who might that be Unyuns?

Unsure champ. It must be an odd club, if you have a few people that fit that description.

If he spent a bit more time in the middle, your wicket may become heathier.

unyuns;385498 said:
Unsure champ. It must be an odd club, if you have a few people that fit that description.

If he spent a bit more time in the middle, your wicket may become heathier.
Well that's not very nice now is it. It's good to see you had to change clubs this year because you wouldn't get a game with West. Gone from a #3 bat at West Newport last year to a #11 bat at Imps. Pretty much sums up your batting capabilities

dolz;385502 said:
Well that's not very nice now is it. It's good to see you had to change clubs this year because you wouldn't get a game with West. Gone from a #3 bat at West Newport last year to a #11 bat at Imps. Pretty much sums up your batting capabilities. Must be due to an accident with you and some form of roof

You have me there. Good theory, but not quite. As for the batting, best you do a little more homework. The roof isn't a recent thing, so it would appear your statement is a little silly.

Chins up champ.

hussler;385458 said:
I've read the discussion paper & I wouldnt think that our clubs would be to happy about changing the comp name,our association name covers everybody as it is now....Williamstown & Districts cricket association.....plus why would our matting grades want to travel to melton a few times a year...:(..................so 75% of the vote might be harder than it seems.........:eek:

Hussler, agree with your point here. You think any of churches matting teams like going up there either. ROAD TRIP FROM HELL

BigCoq;385459 said:

May not fold,but will have to merge as 3 clubs minimum have agreed to cross to WDCA next year,WDCA got FA in bank? I can assure you that is not correct,10 times is a false statement,i think a merge would be the best outcome for cricket in the west,as for the comp.name this would be voted on by all clubs from both associations,
rgds

I like the idea of a merger i think it would be good what i don’t like is that the name retains the Churches Association.

What is the point of this.

All it means is that the WDCA clubs will be known as being part of the Churches it doesn’t matter what goes in front like western region or west metro the fact is everyone will still see the Churchs. I for one don’t want to be part of the churches whets the point i am not a god person.

In the long run the WDCA history is lost but the Churches remains.

Please vote this down due to the name.

thedog;385837 said:
I like the idea of a merger i think it would be good what i don’t like is that the name retains the Churches Association.

All it means is that the WDCA clubs will be known as being part of the Churches it doesn’t matter what goes in front like western region or west metro the fact is everyone will still see the Churchs. I for one don’t want to be part of the churches whets the point i am not a god person.

Dont let pity pride get in the way of progress and potential for greatness in the west a name is a name.

Go watch INVICTUS.

thedog;385837 said:

here here.....it would be a disgrace to be associated with the churches name........clubs should vote name change DOWN,it doesnt need to change, as I stated in an earlier post our name(WDCA) covers Williamstown & surrounding districts.............:)

SWANNEES;385723 said:
May not fold,but will have to merge as 3 clubs minimum have agreed to cross to WDCA next year,WDCA got FA in bank? I can assure you that is not correct,10 times is a false statement,i think a merge would be the best outcome for cricket in the west,as for the comp.name this would be voted on by all clubs from both associations,
rgds

whoever those three turf clubs are will not enhance the turf comp so big deal.
matting will get stronger only.
ur both on the ropes but for different reasons.
lets not try to have the moral high ground swannees.
Merge will solve all ur problems.........
Name is the biggest issue. amen!

BigCoq;385848 said:
whoever those three turf clubs are will not enhance the turf comp so big deal.
matting will get stronger only.
ur both on the ropes but for different reasons.
lets not try to have the moral high ground swannees.
Merge will solve all ur problems.........
Name is the biggest issue. amen!

What problems would that be Coq???

You seem to think you know alot about a comp you have never played a game in........:confused:

hussler;385849 said:
What problems would that be Coq???

You seem to think you know alot about a comp you have never played a game in........:confused:

Cash! clubs are well to do but comp isnt, simple really.
u got heritage and then what!
with a bigger comp u can lobby council for more turf grounds to support the influx of clubs crossing over and have a true two tier comp in turf rejuvanating the western district if not willy turf comp basically stays the same u just get more matting teams. No incentive for other clubs to join or cross over really.
better of in the vtca b's and a's.
Think about it.

BigCoq;385850 said:
Cash! clubs are well to do but comp isnt, simple really.
u got heritage and then what!
with a bigger comp u can lobby council for more turf grounds to support the influx of clubs crossing over and have a true two tier comp in turf rejuvanating the western district if not willy turf comp basically stays the same u just get more matting teams. No incentive for other clubs to join or cross over really.
better of in the vtca b's and a's.
Think about it.

We can lobby council with a bigger comp hey??? You have to be kidding.........if councils had their way everyone would be playing on synthetic in every comp....... because it costs them hundreds of thousands every year to prepare wickets....e.g.......if clubs pay 3-4k for ground rental a year who pays the rest of curators 50-60k a year salary....YOU think about it,do the math.......:rolleyes:

It all sounds good in a perfect world & like I've said before the bigger the comp the better,but if clubs from churches haven't got turf wickets,your right, its only going to make the matting comps bigger..........there is a matting comp near Melton(Gisbourne CA) so those Melton clubs will be ok if WSUCCA goes under....but your club's matting sides will have no choice but to come to WDCA...........:eek:

As Swannees said earlier if 3-4 of the A-Grade matting teams from WSUCCA come to our comp next year that wont leave much in the churches will it,especially after last years exodus.........:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back