Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

hussler;385852 said:
We can lobby council with a bigger comp hey??? You have to be kidding.........if councils had their way everyone would be playing on synthetic in every comp....... because it costs them hundreds of thousands every year to prepare wickets....e.g.......if clubs pay 3-4k for ground rental a year who pays the rest of curators 50-60k a year salary....YOU think about it,do the math.......:rolleyes:

It all sounds good in a perfect world & like I've said before the bigger the comp the better,but if clubs from churches haven't got turf wickets,your right, its only going to make the matting comps bigger..........there is a matting comp near Melton(Gisbourne CA) so those Melton clubs will be ok if WSUCCA goes under....but your club's matting sides will have no choice but to come to WDCA...........:eek:

As Swannees said earlier if 3-4 of the A-Grade matting teams from WSUCCA come to our comp next year that wont leave much in the churches will it,especially after last years exodus.........:eek:

Hussler - Just a quick reply.

What if the 3-4 clubs looking at coming to WILLY COMP are Melton teams, as i think Gisbourne comp is more travel for their away games and as mentioned before, they had talks with Willy last year.

Will only be matting sides as Melton clubs never look like getting turf wickets anywhere. Think they even tried getting a ground in Altona last year.:confused:

NEED FOR SPEED;385861 said:
Hussler - Just a quick reply.

What if the 3-4 clubs looking at coming to WILLY COMP are Melton teams, as i think Gisbourne comp is more travel for their away games and as mentioned before, they had talks with Willy last year.

Will only be matting sides as Melton clubs never look like getting turf wickets anywhere. Think they even tried getting a ground in Altona last year.:confused:

That maybe the case,the melton clubs probably wouldnt care about travel as they already travel as it is....I think it will be good for our comp to get new clubs,turf or not,it will get stronger cos players from those clubs may choose to play turf somewhere else????

BigCoq;385846 said:
Dont let pity pride get in the way of progress and potential for greatness in the west a name is a name.

Go watch INVICTUS.

I Like the merger but i don’t want to be called Churches that’s why i play in the Willy Comp and not the Churches I Like the West Name.

Why does the Churches need to keep their name in a new COMP.

If that were the case why not call it Williamstown Churches Comp that way both comps keep their name its stupid.

The ideal name would be Western Region Cricket Association.

As you can tell I am not a god person and if my club were to vote to be a part of a Comp with Churches in the name I might leave and not play Cricket at all.

One Last Question how many clubs in the Churches are associated with the Church??

If the answer is 1-2 why Keep their name Really.

I urge the WDCA Clubs to vote down the name change i will get my club on board.

in the future we will only be know as the Churches think about that.

Most people would call us that.

Stop this madness

Merger is good Name is BAD

thedog;385990 said:
in the future we will only be know as the Churches think about that.

Most people would call us that.

Stop this madness

Merger is good Name is BAD

Current admin wil not merge without churches in the name u can take that as gospel.
i dont know anyone with any church connections these days but old traditions die hard for some.
merge good but i doubt it will get up 75% compliance im tipping willy boys will hate the name and as a result resist....
current church teams dont feel impacted by the name churches as it is name only not a lifestyle choise in any way just an old tradition that im tipping goes further back than the wonderfull willy comp.
Turf comps have struggled for ever and a day SUNSHINE,FOOTSCRAY COMPS are primary examples next WILLY comp......
Our Club as been assoc with chiurches way back to 1906. TRADITION is strong in churches as well.
Anyways the vote/discussion will take place far from this form so word up your delegates and hopefully they can give you insight into the big picture prior to making a well informed opinion on the subject.
Best of luck moving into the future.

I think the willy comp should change its name to western region cricket association and let’s see if we get any new clubs without a merger?

If the churches insist on keeping their name the merger will be doomed they should bite the bullet and get with the times.

I will never be associated with the churches and i think allot of other players think the same way. The Churches has had allot of clubs leave over the last 24 months because of the bad name that comp has got over time (i may be wrong if so i am sorry) Clubs who left don’t want to go back.

Bye Bye The Name Churches

thedog;386021 said:
I think the willy comp should change its name to western region cricket association and let’s see if we get any new clubs without a merger?

If the churches insist on keeping their name the merger will be doomed they should bite the bullet and get with the times.

I will never be associated with the churches and i think allot of other players think the same way. The Churches has had allot of clubs leave over the last 24 months because of the bad name that comp has got over time (i may be wrong if so i am sorry) Clubs who left don’t want to go back.

Bye Bye The Name Churches

Gotta agree Dog....if there is to be a merge it needs to be a complete new name...also the church and it's relevance to cricket is what? I have played in the churches for well over twenty years and have NO connection to any church, i am pretty sure that most "church" clubs are in the same boat...it's really "churches" in name only!! A new name incorporating the old names like the doggies have done with the FFC, should make both parties happy enough!!

hussler;385914 said:
That maybe the case,the melton clubs probably wouldnt care about travel as they already travel as it is....I think it will be good for our comp to get new clubs,turf or not,it will get stronger cos players from those clubs may choose to play turf somewhere else????

Hi just like to say as a member/player of one of the melton clubs in the churches comp, MSPSCC, the travel isssue is of concern in the Gisbourne comp as Wallan and Woodend and Kyneton are still a distance compared to altona williamstown laverton etc. But another issue is The Gisbourne comp is one of the strongest syntheic comps in vicoria and with its proud background and herritage some of the older clubs who have most of the say on associations committee dont like change, have a look at St Anthony's C.C it took them a number of years to gain entry into the Gisbourne comp and not through lack of trying. I aggree with the merger if clubs leave wsucca then they are in trouble but for WDCA gives them the opportunity to play differrent teams, possibly more turf grades and a strenghtening of their matting grades, maybe a cash influx if needed. Must look at the future for sustainability of cricket in the western suburbs as it is the SCA and FCA are no longer and the influx of different nationalities we dont want WSUCCA and WDCA to go down the same path. Western district cricket Association sounds ok or Western Region Cricket Assocition. As it is we are all in the western suburbs. And enjoy playing cricket kind regards

this site was much better when weapons was talking his Sh*t all the time and when West Riff Raff was telling us how good West Newport were going to be this year...... the wheels are falling off both parties there though so i guess they have a reason for being quiet.

Merger is a terrific idea but can someone justify using the name 'churches' in the merged competitions name please? Surely the 'western suburbs' part of their name is more important. Similiar to using the name 'Williamstown'. Lets bring things into the 21st century gentlemen. Surely 'Western Region CA' is the only logical choice.

rohan;386398 said:
this site was much better when weapons was talking his Sh*t all the time and when West Riff Raff was telling us how good West Newport were going to be this year...... the wheels are falling off both parties there though so i guess they have a reason for being quiet.

hahahahahaha!!!

Harry142;386431 said:
Merger is a terrific idea but can someone justify using the name 'churches' in the merged competitions name please? Surely the 'western suburbs' part of their name is more important. Similiar to using the name 'Williamstown'. Lets bring things into the 21st century gentlemen. Surely 'Western Region CA' is the only logical choice.

I believe the reason why churches comp wants to retain churches in the merged comp is so they still get to play in the churches carnival which is held each year. Otherwise they cannot play? Thats what I've heard not sure if thats all their reasons though?

Clear The Pickets;386617 said:
I believe the reason why churches comp wants to retain churches in the merged comp is so they still get to play in the churches carnival which is held each year. Otherwise they cannot play? Thats what I've heard not sure if thats all their reasons though?

If that i the case thats rubbish as no clubs are assiocated with the church get with the times.

I call for the WDCA to change their name alone and see who will join

thedog;386621 said:
If that i the case thats rubbish as no clubs are assiocated with the church get with the times.

I call for the WDCA to change their name alone and see who will join

I agree no need to be associated with the church. If all the teams who say they are leaving the wsucca next season do leave it will mean they will only be left with a meagre C and D grades. Its up to them bite the bullet and merge or dissapear in a few years time. The WADCA are sitting pretty they will probably get an influx of new teams if the merger doesnt go ahead, meaning more matting grades and extra turf teams. Thus a stronger viable competition. Regardless of if they change their name or not.

Clear The Pickets;386617 said:

I believe this is correct,but would any churches players get a game in carnival side,it would have to be open to all WDCA players as well,which would include all A Turf and down players,thoughts.

SWANNEES;386654 said:
I believe this is correct,but would any churches players get a game in carnival side,it would have to be open to all WDCA players as well,which would include all A Turf and down players,thoughts.

Your right if churches name was retained in new comp, and team for churches carnival would mean then it would have to be open to all grades available, that could mean no current churches players may get selected as naturally you would pick your best team available. Also with the carnival statring boxing day til new years does make it hard for some players due to family commitments around this time of the year. Would be intersting if it happens. But somehow i dont think it will happen.

rohan;386398 said:

west newport win deer park win.........no wheels falling off here champ and your comment makes you look even more silly........keep up the good work:rolleyes:

weapons05/06;386697 said:
west newport win deer park win.........no wheels falling off here champ and your comment makes you look even more silly........keep up the good work:rolleyes:

Interesting weekend.....GU getting rolled for 129 only chasing 168 @ home.......A-Turf wide open again if ask me.....:D

And Weapons do me a favour & make sure you get top spot back before the finals please.........:eek::eek:

hussler;386852 said:
Interesting weekend.....GU getting rolled for 129 only chasing 168 @ home.......A-Turf wide open again if ask me.....:D

And Weapons do me a favour & make sure you get top spot back before the finals please.........:eek::eek:

yeah certainly has opened up..
No excuses out the GU camp.. we ceratinly backed ourselves to chase 168 when we were 0-17 overnight. Beaten by the better side on the day! west bowled very well, stuck to their guns and held there catches!

Imps making their move also.. Digman may have left it a bit late.. GU play vales this week, could nearly be over for vales of they lose...

Willi Comp;386860 said:
yeah certainly has opened up..
No excuses out the GU camp.. we ceratinly backed ourselves to chase 168 when we were 0-17 overnight. Beaten by the better side on the day! west bowled very well, stuck to their guns and held there catches!

Imps making their move also.. Digman may have left it a bit late.. GU play vales this week, could nearly be over for vales of they lose...

We(A-Turf) play Imps & Wynd last 2 games so we could pose a danger for either of them trying to make the finals,Colts may sneak in the back door???........:p

Your very lucky you dont have to travel to Dog Sh1t oval this week.....:eek:...played there on the weekend & even I had it wizzin around their throats,would hate to see Chugg & Grenville on it.......:eek:.......I reckon we couldve rolled a better pitch on our outfield......:eek:....& I'm seroius about that!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back