Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

grubbee;391666 said:
What will happen this week at the a turf granny at Laverton ?

Wet wickets
vandals
No facilities

Will the game be decided on a toss of a coin ?

No appeal.........No game ?:cool:

obviously hasnt seen the last two grand finals , both great games without incident

1965;391919 said:
yes he is playing in gf but seriously if you think that laverton were not the best side on the weekend you have problems those umpires are to blame with scores tied they should of allowed the last two balls to be bowled in the over then call it off :confused:can anyone tell us why that didnt happen ?????swannees any comment

rain and lightning!!!!!players safety

Won't be a problem at Lavo. B Turf GF at west so it balances out.......... So is the B Matts between Lavo & DPA. that might be the place to be..

fab10;391860 said:
Matt Shields was the only loser from Sunday's game. Yes Lavo would have done the same (3 overs in 25 minutes) so would have Colts, GU, Digman and Wyndhamvale their Captains play WIN at all cost. Matt you talk about sportsmanship and fair play after Sunday you just become a win at all cost Captain. Gellibrand, Point Cook, Willy Imps and Hoppers would not have done what you did. I see it like this Matt, West and Lavo tied, GU won by not playing the best side in the Grand Final (Lavo) and Matt you were the loser you lacked integrity and sportsmanship that will never be forgotten.:eek:

get a life!!sook

thedog;391618 said:
Why do you hate lavo what have they done wrong in the comp?

Lavo are one of the best clubs in the comp with the exception got a few people and you could count me in that even though i am not a member i am just a supporter.

Lavo have one of the best grounds
One of the best Rooms

What was wrong down at lavo last year for your GF??

I think hate is a tough word i dont hate any other club i doslike other clubs but i dont hate anyone.

no doubt 1 of the best grounds/wickets.......but we will see if there is any rain around for him to call the game off im sure he would let them play this week.......:rolleyes:

big game performer;391706 said:
i think you will find that if you asked the umpires they would also feel un-easy about umpiring a team they were affilliated with in any finals game.This is why the wdca appoints neutral umpires for finals,to not only protect the integrity of the comp,but also those that umpire in it.

lets see if peter banks get the job........isnt he the umpires boss........????

Rambuster;391724 said:
Won't be a problem at Lavo. B Turf GF at west so it balances out.......... So is the B Matts between Lavo & DPA. that might be the place to be..

what the.......west newport.......????? b-mats..........?????

grouse........both teams.........:eek:

I understand weather concerns but that whole over had the same weather so why call it off with 2 balls left with scores tied??

Also why did that over take so long?

Why didn’t west be fair sports and finish the game instead of doing what they did??

The WDCA has no balls as Matt Shields got a slap on the wrist for that game on the weekend so much for Comp rules what are they there for toilet paper come on if it had of been Crackers he would have been rubbed out that is just crap.

Shame on the WDCA for having no balls SHAME

Matt Shields was the only loser from Sunday's game. Yes Lavo would have done the same (3 overs in 25 minutes) so would have Colts, GU, Digman and Wyndhamvale their Captains play WIN at all cost. Matt you talk about sportsmanship and fair play after Sunday you just become a win at all cost Captain. Gellibrand, Point Cook, Willy Imps and Hoppers would not have done what you did. I see it like this Matt, West and Lavo tied, GU won by not playing the best side in the Grand Final (Lavo) and Matt you were the loser you lacked integrity and sportsmanship that will never be forgotten.:eek:

thedog;392013 said:
I understand weather concerns but that whole over had the same weather so why call it off with 2 balls left with scores tied??

Why didn’t west be fair sports and finish the game instead of doing what they did??

The WDCA has no balls as Matt Shields got a slap on the wrist for that game on the weekend so much for Comp rules what are they there for toilet paper come on if it had of been Crackers he would have been rubbed out that is just crap.

If you feel so strongly then why not lodge a complaint with the organisers of your competition rather than bitch and moan about it here?

Naming people and/or re-hashing the same old topic for week following the game is not really going to get you anywhere nor is it likely to make the people who run your competition sit up and make changes.

1965;392004 said:

Candidate for post of the year?

I think you'll find West Newport finished 2nd on the ladder, therefore GU are playing the best team in the Grand Final starting this weekend

thedog;392013 said:

they shrugged their shoulders as they did with b-matting debarcle........;)

fab10;391860 said:

Integreity and sportsmanship doesn't give you a GF, does it?
Lack integrity and sportsmanship all you want.
In the end, what is the outcome?
Matt Shiell is playing in the GF.

Harden up sunshine. ;)

weapons05/06;392099 said:

Yes, and they have the gall to call West cheats.

fab10;391860 said:

i would rather be playing than not.........

he got them through or should i say his team got through the rest is history.......

imo it comes down to the umpires.......

mas cambios;392020 said:
If you feel so strongly then why not lodge a complaint with the organisers of your competition rather than bitch and moan about it here?

Naming people and/or re-hashing the same old topic for week following the game is not really going to get you anywhere nor is it likely to make the people who run your competition sit up and make changes.

Great what will I win

Wicket Maiden;391893 said:
Integreity and sportsmanship doesn't give you a GF, does it?
Lack integrity and sportsmanship all you want.
In the end, what is the outcome?
Matt Shiell is playing in the GF.

Harden up sunshine. ;)

yes he is playing in gf but seriously if you think that laverton were not the best side on the weekend you have problems those umpires are to blame with scores tied they should of allowed the last two balls to be bowled in the over then call it off :confused:can anyone tell us why that didnt happen ?????swannees any comment

After last week's A Turf debacle can you believe that Mick Jones is umpiring West Newport this week in the A Turf GF???? Jason Spozzie is umpiring GU in the B Turf GF????You have to ask the question what does GU A Turf and Willy Imps B Turf think of these appointments? Was Jason Spozzie given the B Turf to justify Mick Jones getting the A Turf? Could this be the week we see yellow cards as there has been none all season:confused:

1965;391919 said:

rain and lightning!!!!!players safety

fab10;392174 said:
After last week's A Turf debacle can you believe that Mick Jones is umpiring West Newport this week in the A Turf GF???? Jason Spozzie is umpiring GU in the B Turf GF????You have to ask the question what does GU A Turf and Willy Imps B Turf think of these appointments? Was Jason Spozzie given the B Turf to justify Mick Jones getting the A Turf? Could this be the week we see yellow cards as there has been none all season:confused:

Well the season nears end.

Gu vs West in the big 1.

I think you will find that GU couldn't give a rats if Mick was umpiring or not.

Any changes to the sides?

Predictions?

fab10;391860 said:

get a life!!sook

Commentator;392304 said:

Gu vs West in the big 1.

Predictions?

You tell us buddy................:eek:

Commentator;392304 said:

Gu vs West in the big 1.

Predictions?

GU in a close one, what a joke the umpiring fraternity is, Spoz was good enough for an A turf semi last week, and now has been dropped to B grade section 2 this week. If they think that is an even upper for Mick Jones being selected in A turf then they are way of the mark. Two wrongs dont make a right, now Mick and Spoz will have added pressure on them. Hypocrisy at its best, seeming as Spoz was told for the previous 2 years he would not be allowed to umpire an A turf grand final as long as GU were in it.

This is nothing against the 2 selected umpires it is more to do with the selection panel that has allocted umpires to these games.

Just remember perception is everything.

big game performer;392319 said:
GU in a close one, what a joke the umpiring fraternity is, Spoz was good enough for an A turf semi last week, and now has been dropped to B grade section 2 this week. If they think that is an even upper for Mick Jones being selected in A turf then they are way of the mark. Two wrongs dont make a right, now Mick and Spoz will have added pressure on them. Hypocrisy at its best, seeming as Spoz was told for the previous 2 years he would not be allowed to umpire an A turf grand final as long as GU were in it.

This is nothing against the 2 selected umpires it is more to do with the selection panel that has allocted umpires to these games.

Just remember perception is everything.

no probs about mick he's a good umpire had him earilier in the year and did a great job........

good ol spozz well i think its good he dont get the gig in a-turf......no matter who is involved......

where is the riff raff king........a little birdy tells me he is off bigcricket untill west win the flag........

what a joke.........

thedog;392013 said:

1965;392004 said:

Good Luck to all the players and clubs involved on the weekend in the Grand Finals. Hopefully they all go smoothly like the past couple of years

Interesting, Strangy is eligible to play in the A-Mats Grand Final. Might have to go down to the game and watch the big fella bowl ;)

On the umpires, who cares where they umpire. If they make a howler of a decision for the team they're from, they'll get criticised. So expect the umpires from those clubs to not give many touch and go decisions

thedog;392013 said:

weapons05/06;392337 said:
no probs about mick he's a good umpire had him earilier in the year and did a great job........

good ol spozz well i think its good he dont get the gig in a-turf......no matter who is involved......

Yeah, you'd be rapt that the B-Matts got Peter Kinnaburgh,hes a staunch DP man:eek:......plenty of LBWs & red cards for the Lavo boys this week.........:eek:

weapons05/06;392099 said:

Yes, and they have the gall to call West cheats.

Weapons after your performance at square leg last week you should not be questioning where any umpire is umpiring. Cheating is a sin. Good luck to all teams this week

mas cambios;392020 said:

Great what will I win

dolz;392403 said:
Good Luck to all the players and clubs involved on the weekend in the Grand Finals. Hopefully they all go smoothly like the past couple of years

Interesting, Strangy is eligible to play in the A-Mats Grand Final. Might have to go down to the game and watch the big fella bowl ;)

On the umpires, who cares where they umpire. If they make a howler of a decision for the team they're from, they'll get criticised. So expect the umpires from those clubs to not give many touch and go decisions

Good luck to both combatants today at Scorebook fixing park

fab10;392174 said:

I agree that they shouldn't umpire in games that their affiliated clubs play as simon taufel is the number 1 umpire in the world but can't umpire in australian test matches, but unfortunately the wdca does not have enough umpires of a satisfactory quality to umpire in A turf matches. In saying so, congratulations to Mick Jones & Frank Henry for getting the biggest game of the year. :eek:

& I think you will find Wyndhamvale received 3 yellow cards in the same match against WN 1st game after xmas ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back