Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

fab10;392174 said:
After last week's A Turf debacle can you believe that Mick Jones is umpiring West Newport this week in the A Turf GF???? Jason Spozzie is umpiring GU in the B Turf GF????You have to ask the question what does GU A Turf and Willy Imps B Turf think of these appointments? Was Jason Spozzie given the B Turf to justify Mick Jones getting the A Turf? Could this be the week we see yellow cards as there has been none all season:confused:

Well the season nears end.

Gu vs West in the big 1.

I think you will find that GU couldn't give a rats if Mick was umpiring or not.

Any changes to the sides?

Predictions?

My tip for the big one is GU comfortably,their experience will count for everything,West just dont have the batting depth.Chris Irving to top score for them & Darren Jury to top score for GU,if he doesn't get triggered early by Jonesy that is...EEK!
Only chance West have is if they bat 1st & post 250+.......if they dont make that many it will be over in 3days.

Commentator;392304 said:

Gu vs West in the big 1.

Predictions?

You tell us buddy................:eek:

hussler;392576 said:
My tip for the big one is GU comfortably,their experience will count for everything,West just dont have the batting depth.Chris Irving to top score for them & Darren Jury to top score for GU,if he doesn't get triggered early by Jonesy that is...EEK!
Only chance West have is if they bat 1st & post 250+.......if they dont make that many it will be over in 3days.

Probably would help if Jury pops one up, it is caught sometime before he gets
to 200 eh Huss?

Commentator;392304 said:

Gu vs West in the big 1.

Predictions?

GU in a close one, what a joke the umpiring fraternity is, Spoz was good enough for an A turf semi last week, and now has been dropped to B grade section 2 this week. If they think that is an even upper for Mick Jones being selected in A turf then they are way of the mark. Two wrongs dont make a right, now Mick and Spoz will have added pressure on them. Hypocrisy at its best, seeming as Spoz was told for the previous 2 years he would not be allowed to umpire an A turf grand final as long as GU were in it.

This is nothing against the 2 selected umpires it is more to do with the selection panel that has allocted umpires to these games.

Just remember perception is everything.

fab10;392475 said:
Weapons after your performance at square leg last week you should not be questioning where any umpire is umpiring. Cheating is a sin. Good luck to all teams this week

not out fabio.......

long day in the field for the b-mats.......plenty of nuffies out today......:cool:

big game performer;392319 said:
GU in a close one, what a joke the umpiring fraternity is, Spoz was good enough for an A turf semi last week, and now has been dropped to B grade section 2 this week. If they think that is an even upper for Mick Jones being selected in A turf then they are way of the mark. Two wrongs dont make a right, now Mick and Spoz will have added pressure on them. Hypocrisy at its best, seeming as Spoz was told for the previous 2 years he would not be allowed to umpire an A turf grand final as long as GU were in it.

This is nothing against the 2 selected umpires it is more to do with the selection panel that has allocted umpires to these games.

Just remember perception is everything.

no probs about mick he's a good umpire had him earilier in the year and did a great job........

good ol spozz well i think its good he dont get the gig in a-turf......no matter who is involved......

tcnthat;392613 said:
to 200 eh Huss?

That would help too Canberra Comet..........:D

where is the riff raff king........a little birdy tells me he is off bigcricket untill west win the flag........

what a joke.........

Good Luck to all the players and clubs involved on the weekend in the Grand Finals. Hopefully they all go smoothly like the past couple of years

Interesting, Strangy is eligible to play in the A-Mats Grand Final. Might have to go down to the game and watch the big fella bowl ;)

On the umpires, who cares where they umpire. If they make a howler of a decision for the team they're from, they'll get criticised. So expect the umpires from those clubs to not give many touch and go decisions

weapons05/06;392337 said:
no probs about mick he's a good umpire had him earilier in the year and did a great job........

good ol spozz well i think its good he dont get the gig in a-turf......no matter who is involved......

Yeah, you'd be rapt that the B-Matts got Peter Kinnaburgh,hes a staunch DP man:eek:......plenty of LBWs & red cards for the Lavo boys this week.........:eek:

Weapons after your performance at square leg last week you should not be questioning where any umpire is umpiring. Cheating is a sin. Good luck to all teams this week

hussler;392795 said:
ahhhhhhhhh..........:eek:

hahahahaha........

go deer park..........;)

good day at the cricket better than day 1...... lots of runs lots of wickets lots of yellow cards lots of lavo supporters:eek:....... lavo b-turf getting rolled 1st inns and to top it off a dropped catch given out........hmmmmmm b-turf 1 could still go either way and b-matts ill back my boys in to get a lazy 400.........

now onto the interesting topic what happened after the game at lavo........bit of sour grapes from the lavo boys towards an ex player im hearing........a few cut lunches and an almighty SLAP...........do tell do tell.........

any comments.........

dolz;392403 said:
Good Luck to all the players and clubs involved on the weekend in the Grand Finals. Hopefully they all go smoothly like the past couple of years

Interesting, Strangy is eligible to play in the A-Mats Grand Final. Might have to go down to the game and watch the big fella bowl ;)

On the umpires, who cares where they umpire. If they make a howler of a decision for the team they're from, they'll get criticised. So expect the umpires from those clubs to not give many touch and go decisions

Good luck to both combatants today at Scorebook fixing park

went down and watched the laverton v ANA game on the weekend. What I witnessed was a disgrace to any cricket player. Yes there is tension in the grand final, but for a player to shirtfront a player after getting him out is a straight red card, not a yellow. Also seeing a person claim a catch that he and all of the supporters including his own knew he dropped. Found out later he is the captain of the team, also might be the coach (need confirmtion on that).

These 2 acts show how the umpires have no control over the game, and that Laverton will got to any length to win. (I read the B Matts saga too) I hope ANA and Deer Park (B Matts I think?) win the 2 games to show that players that play within the rules come out on top. Good luck to all teams except Lavo next weekend

fab10;392174 said:
After last week's A Turf debacle can you believe that Mick Jones is umpiring West Newport this week in the A Turf GF???? Jason Spozzie is umpiring GU in the B Turf GF????You have to ask the question what does GU A Turf and Willy Imps B Turf think of these appointments? Was Jason Spozzie given the B Turf to justify Mick Jones getting the A Turf? Could this be the week we see yellow cards as there has been none all season:confused:

I agree that they shouldn't umpire in games that their affiliated clubs play as simon taufel is the number 1 umpire in the world but can't umpire in australian test matches, but unfortunately the wdca does not have enough umpires of a satisfactory quality to umpire in A turf matches. In saying so, congratulations to Mick Jones & Frank Henry for getting the biggest game of the year. :eek:

& I think you will find Wyndhamvale received 3 yellow cards in the same match against WN 1st game after xmas ;)

StAndrewsman;392879 said:
went down and watched the laverton v ANA game on the weekend. What I witnessed was a disgrace to any cricket player. Yes there is tension in the grand final, but for a player to shirtfront a player after getting him out is a straight red card, not a yellow. Also seeing a person claim a catch that he and all of the supporters including his own knew he dropped. Found out later he is the captain of the team, also might be the coach (need confirmtion on that).

These 2 acts show how the umpires have no control over the game, and that Laverton will got to any length to win. (I read the B Matts saga too) I hope ANA and Deer Park (B Matts I think?) win the 2 games to show that players that play within the rules come out on top. Good luck to all teams except Lavo next weekend
Idiot ANA had morre yellow cards than lavo and lavo player had stones thrown at them from the crowd.

You are a dumbass go back to ST Andews and play with the babies

thedog;392938 said:
Idiot ANA had morre yellow cards than lavo and lavo player had stones thrown at them from the crowd.

Your a goose, its one yellow card apiece, theres a difference for getting a yellow card for swearing to actually having pysical contact with a player. Lavo opening bowler should of got a automatic red card. And for lavo B turf captain what a disgrace.....

As for the stones, you got to be joking, the only thing that was thrown was chants of cheat on the boundry line!

The umpires need to take control of this game next week to avoid futher unsavary incidents...The association has been advised accordingly.

hussler;392576 said:

to 200 eh Huss?

thedog;392938 said:

yes did see the throwing of stones.......forgot about that till mentioned totaly unacceptable.......was from young supporters though no players involved..........im sorry solidindefence there were stones thrown.......i wouldnt lie about something like that.......

its going to be a cracker day 3/4 down at wst newport.......

another thing was dissapointing was that on the saturday the bar was open with some cracking hot dogs and dim sims with a couple of keiffy urbans but nothing on the sunday?????? lavo made some good coin for bringing the big jayden leskie and selling germain greers..........;)
i tell ya if he was to run at me after getting me out elbow would have been up and good night..... if i seen him comming........which from my view the ana batsmen didnt see him comming which is a tad soft......;).....also will add a young bloke from ana was doing something similar to the lavo players after their wicket falling.......

any comments on the a-turf west v g/u..........????

fab10;392475 said:

not out fabio.......

long day in the field for the b-mats.......plenty of nuffies out today......:cool:

Solidindefence;392943 said:
Your a goose, its one yellow card apiece, theres a difference for getting a yellow card for swearing to actually having pysical contact with a player. Lavo opening bowler should of got a automatic red card. And for lavo B turf captain what a disgrace.....

As for the stones, you got to be joking, the only thing that was thrown was chants of cheat on the boundry line!

The umpires need to take control of this game next week to avoid futher unsavary incidents...The association has been advised accordingly.

think you will find that 1 of the umps is a life member of lavo c.c.......correct me if im wrong........:confused:

tcnthat;392613 said:
to 200 eh Huss?

That would help too Canberra Comet..........:D

Well what a game we have on in the granny. Just when it seemed we were in more trouble than a centipede with gout,enter Davey. This pugnacious little right hander from the Maddern stable strolled to the crease at 3 for 30 and set about his task of stubborn resistance.That he is not out is testament to this little rear guardsmans tenacity and ballast. And what about his partner down the other end? the effervescent and charismatic jeremy preston. Great stuff from both boys,and hopefully they continue on again this weekend. Go davey go i havent seen that much guts on a cricket field since dolz and belly swapped shirts at the end of a game some time ago

big game performer;392997 said:
Well what a game we have on in the granny. Just when it seemed we were in more trouble than a centipede with gout,enter Davey. This pugnacious little right hander from the Maddern stable strolled to the crease at 3 for 30 and set about his task of stubborn resistance.That he is not out is testament to this little rear guardsmans tenacity and ballast. And what about his partner down the other end? the effervescent and charismatic jeremy preston. Great stuff from both boys,and hopefully they continue on again this weekend. Go davey go i havent seen that much guts on a cricket field since dolz and belly swapped shirts at the end of a game some time ago

bahahaha

dave maddern.....hmmmmmm but never the less partnerships win granny's......go g/u:cool:

West Newport should never host finales again no bar no canteen what a joke at least lavo had there's open 1 person running it all day but still they were open.

Also I remember a few years back when Lavo had B turf finales at their ground they had shit bar sales that goes with the b turf finales A turf is where you make sales.

West have no respect for the game and the spirit of the game.

thedog;393003 said:
West Newport should never host finales again no bar no canteen what a joke at least lavo had there's open 1 person running it all day but still they were open.

Also I remember a few years back when Lavo had B turf finales at their ground they had shit bar sales that goes with the b turf finales A turf is where you make sales.

West have no respect for the game and the spirit of the game.

its probably good that it wernt open with all the crap that was going on......

comp meeting tmozz night....not much notice....:eek:

hussler;392795 said:
ahhhhhhhhh..........:eek:

hahahahaha........

go deer park..........;)

good day at the cricket better than day 1...... lots of runs lots of wickets lots of yellow cards lots of lavo supporters:eek:....... lavo b-turf getting rolled 1st inns and to top it off a dropped catch given out........hmmmmmm b-turf 1 could still go either way and b-matts ill back my boys in to get a lazy 400.........

now onto the interesting topic what happened after the game at lavo........bit of sour grapes from the lavo boys towards an ex player im hearing........a few cut lunches and an almighty SLAP...........do tell do tell.........

any comments.........

weapons05/06;392958 said:
yes did see the throwing of stones.......forgot about that till mentioned totaly unacceptable.......was from young supporters though no players involved..........im sorry solidindefence there were stones thrown.......i wouldnt lie about something like that.......

its going to be a cracker day 3/4 down at wst newport.......

another thing was dissapointing was that on the saturday the bar was open with some cracking hot dogs and dim sims with a couple of keiffy urbans but nothing on the sunday?????? lavo made some good coin for bringing the big jayden leskie and selling germain greers..........;)
i tell ya if he was to run at me after getting me out elbow would have been up and good night..... if i seen him comming........which from my view the ana batsmen didnt see him comming which is a tad soft......;).....also will add a young bloke from ana was doing something similar to the lavo players after their wicket falling.......

any comments on the a-turf west v g/u..........????

Tell you what weapons its lucky the canteen wasnt open on sunday due to the fact that if there was any rain greenpeace would have turned up and poured buckets of water on you and tried to roll you back in the ocean, lay off the hot dogs and dim sims and think about those starving children in africa

twinkle toes;393034 said:
Tell you what weapons its lucky the canteen wasnt open on sunday due to the fact that if there was any rain greenpeace would have turned up and poured buckets of water on you and tried to roll you back in the ocean, lay off the hot dogs and dim sims and think about those starving children in africa

Classic :D

StAndrewsman;392879 said:

thedog;393044 said:

why was the bar not open at west on sunday?
1.sold 12 cans of beer on saturday .
2 . Laverton sold there own beer at west.
3. westnewport bought all of there beer over the bar at laverton on saturday so why open the bar when you dogs sold your own.
4.yes we sold all the hot dogs and dim sims thanks to deer park and ana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back