Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

just cricket;393153 said:
[/B]

must have big drinkers at laverton 12 cans sold at west!!!!!
so how did your bar go on saturday at laverton???
i know it did very well thanks to west!!!!;)[/QUOTE]

Some things never change..............:p

cutoverslips46;393992 said:
W.Newport Scoresheet not up on Big Cricket. Who made their runs?
How many did A Sran(Singh) make?

run out for a diamond duck.

hussler;393148 said:
Sorry mate,I know you have gone to alot of work on this but I think A & B-Turf should consist of the same teams(8 or 10 maybe) so we can play the same team in the 1sts & 2nds on the same day at home & away.........;)

These grades we could call for example A1 & A2(same structure as VTCA)should be kept on TURF ONLY & maybe 1 more grade aswell for the not so strong sides who have a turf wicket, then we could have relagation system.........Any other ideas people????

I think ur spot on 1sts & 2nds the same. A promotion and relegation system is a must for the lower Turf grades.
Good luck finding turf wickets though.

Commentator;394069 said:

Still tipping W Newport... getting to GFs is the hard part for them but love em when in em..
Good look to the Irving boys especially.... the deserve the chockies.

Shame I could only do the business for 1yr v CYs in a GF...

Go West...

BigCoq;393162 said:
I think ur spot on 1sts & 2nds the same. A promotion and relegation system is a must for the lower Turf grades.
Good luck finding turf wickets though.

Apart from Glenorden all other senior sides have turf already.......so we will be right, until a club who does not have turf wins promotion........:cool:

so we have some granny's out the way

b-matts=congrats to lavo on a dominating performance.....
not sure about a-matts havnt checked......whyndamvale won on 1st inns dunno about 2nd
c-comp=glen orden congrats to them.......
b-turf 2 havnt checked last i seen imps were all over g/u.......
b-turf 1 congrats to lavo.......in a firey contest back to back flags is a fantastic achievement to a team who i considered 2nd best team in the comp.......;)
a-turf g/u in a tight scrap and in a bit of trouble..........

good year lads looking forward to next season already.......

Solidindefence;393150 said:
Agree it has its meritts, though we dont need to copy the VTCA, especially with Bonus point system. I hope the merger does go ahead, going forward we need more teams to survive, only takes a couple of bad years and you end up like the FCA/SCA down the gurgler.

If the merger doesnt take place, can anyone confirm the clubs who have enquired about the WDCA next season? I gather its only Melton Centrals & Melton South who have shown interest?

Looking at your suggestion looks good to have same teams in A & B turf 1's and 2's what ever you call it. Relegation may be difficult if your 1's make finals or finish midyear and your 2's bottom or vice versa, what to do there? i don t know. It would be great if the merger goes ahead as its good playing new clubs and would build a stronger comp, also give the opportunity of good quality players to be able to represent comp in churches carnival as team is selected accross all grades and being xmas new year make availability tuff for some but is a good carnival to play in. As for churches name we dont have any affiliation with the church other than play in the churches comp so i cant see why people would be concerned its just the name carried on from a tradition. If it does go ahead there is a lot of work to match up both comps rules constitutions etc in a short time but i believe it can be done with full support.
I Can confirm we at Melton south have officially applied to enter WDCA for next season, awaiting a response and have heard Melton Centrals have as well, As for others not sure believe Burnside are going to go to NWCA as they dont want to play turf. We are working hard to endevour to get a turf wicket up and running hopefully in the near future but it comes down to water and council support but our committee is doing a great job to make those plans develop into fruitation. Cheers

weapons05/06;394595 said:

not sure about a-matts havnt checked......whyndamvale won on 1st inns dunno about 2nd
b-turf 1 congrats to lavo.......in a firey contest back to back flags is a fantastic achievement to a team who i considered 2nd best team in the comp.......;)

Your kidding y laverton 2nd best don't say deer park champ???? What I saw fair way off yet

1965;394598 said:
Your kidding y laverton 2nd best don't say deer park champ???? What I saw fair way off yet

you only seen 23 overs champ!!!!!

well done;)

Clear The Pickets;393235 said:
Looking at your suggestion looks good to have same teams in A & B turf 1's and 2's what ever you call it. Relegation may be difficult if your 1's make finals or finish midyear and your 2's bottom or vice versa, what to do there? i don t know. It would be great if the merger goes ahead as its good playing new clubs and would build a stronger comp, also give the opportunity of good quality players to be able to represent comp in churches carnival as team is selected accross all grades and being xmas new year make availability tuff for some but is a good carnival to play in. As for churches name we dont have any affiliation with the church other than play in the churches comp so i cant see why people would be concerned its just the name carried on from a tradition. If it does go ahead there is a lot of work to match up both comps rules constitutions etc in a short time but i believe it can be done with full support.
I Can confirm we at Melton south have officially applied to enter WDCA for next season, awaiting a response and have heard Melton Centrals have as well, As for others not sure believe Burnside are going to go to NWCA as they dont want to play turf. We are working hard to endevour to get a turf wicket up and running hopefully in the near future but it comes down to water and council support but our committee is doing a great job to make those plans develop into fruitation. Cheers

Good that you guys are keen to join the comp with or without the merger, and good luck with your turf wicket also.
Think the comp should welcome any club with this attitude with open arms. But, i dont think the "churches carnival" would be high on too many peoples list of things to do from this comp, especially over the xmas break.;) Although some may say its a good carnival etc, if the churches comp are looking to merge and are planning on using this as some additional trade bait....good luck in their quest.

DIG IN;393274 said:
Good that you guys are keen to join the comp with or without the merger, and good luck with your turf wicket also.
Think the comp should welcome any club with this attitude with open arms. But, i dont think the "churches carnival" would be high on too many peoples list of things to do from this comp, especially over the xmas break.;) Although some may say its a good carnival etc, if the churches comp are looking to merge and are planning on using this as some additional trade bait....good luck in their quest.

Tell you what all of you people that keep going on about this merger obviously have not got a lot on during finals time.

twinkle toes;393397 said:
Tell you what all of you people that keep going on about this merger obviously have not got a lot on during finals time.

Be fair Twinkles. Not everyone had the opportunity for a beachside holiday mid game. Well batted though. Where your couple of runs a couple of singles or two straight off the bat????

Lavo are the real winners from the weekend winning 2 flags what a great effort.

If Lavo 1st had of been the GF they would also be winners too.

Great Job Lavo you guys had a great year.

big game performer;392997 said:
Well what a game we have on in the granny. Just when it seemed we were in more trouble than a centipede with gout,enter Davey. This pugnacious little right hander from the Maddern stable strolled to the crease at 3 for 30 and set about his task of stubborn resistance.That he is not out is testament to this little rear guardsmans tenacity and ballast. And what about his partner down the other end? the effervescent and charismatic jeremy preston. Great stuff from both boys,and hopefully they continue on again this weekend. Go davey go i havent seen that much guts on a cricket field since dolz and belly swapped shirts at the end of a game some time ago

A very much unappreciated Davey Maddern saves the day again!

thedog;394729 said:

Key word- "IF".......................better luck next year.............:D

thegeneral1965;393984 said:
A very much unappreciated Davey Maddern saves the day again!

thedog;394729 said:

They also wrapped up tosser of the year!!

cutoverslips46;393992 said:

thedog;394729 said:

Coulda Woulda Shoulda, DIDNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commentator;394069 said:

Still tipping W Newport... getting to GFs is the hard part for them but love em when in em..
Good look to the Irving boys especially.... the deserve the chockies.

Shame I could only do the business for 1yr v CYs in a GF...

Go West...

wimps view;394874 said:
Coulda Woulda Shoulda, DIDNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but 2 flags is better than most sides.

I would like to see lavo win 3 next year.

PS Nice Try Deer Park and ANA

thedog;394888 said:

Have to give credit where credit is due.
2 flags well done.
The biggest disapointment would have to bee Deer Park.
Having there first playing everyone's twos and not making a granny is terrible. Weapons should get the arse.

weapons05/06;394595 said:

hussler;393156 said:
just cricket;393153 said:
[/B]

must have big drinkers at laverton 12 cans sold at west!!!!!
so how did your bar go on saturday at laverton???
i know it did very well thanks to west!!!!;)[/QUOTE]

Some things never change..............:p

if west open the rooms instead of some small dark little door you have to walk through they might have sold some ...and congrats to laverton 2 grandfinals

ps; welcome back yehyehyeh after my ten day holiday

1965;394598 said:

you only seen 23 overs champ!!!!!

well done;)

Commentator;394891 said:
Have to give credit where credit is due.
2 flags well done.
The biggest disapointment would have to bee Deer Park.
Having there first playing everyone's twos and not making a granny is terrible. Weapons should get the arse.

ahhhhhh.......signed up again.......

biggest dissapointment........i think not......no team at the club has made finals for the last 6 or 7 years and to get 2 in the boys did a great job and represented the club well.......looking to get bigger n stronger.......;)

Keep patting yourself on the back BIG W, DPA B's last season finished off the year with 3 wins after xmas and only lost last game to premiers Lavo.........so were on the improve B4 you rolled back into town..................

Rambuster;394913 said:
Keep patting yourself on the back BIG W, DPA B's last season finished off the year with 3 wins after xmas and only lost last game to premiers Lavo.........so were on the improve B4 you rolled back into town..................

Sorry Rama,I have to disagree,DP were crap last season compared to this season.......did I just say that???........:eek::confused:

thedog;394888 said:

you do have six sides .. and a seventh (when it suits), even if for only half a game ..

thedog;394729 said:

Key word- "IF".......................better luck next year.............:D

hussler;394914 said:
Sorry Rama,I have to disagree,DP were crap last season compared to this season.......did I just say that???........:eek::confused:
:confused: they did finish 6th of 13 teams ,just behind ND... and huge improvement to their pitch this season must of helped......:)

thedog;394729 said:

They also wrapped up tosser of the year!!

Rambuster;394935 said:
:confused: they did finish 6th of 13 teams ,just behind ND... and huge improvement to their pitch this season must of helped......:)

and only missed a top 2 spot this year by a couple of points........we have ourselves to blame for that.......

pitch....well it helps on a road i win the toss and bat hey hussler.......:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back