Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

hussler;399742 said:
Hahaha.....that is a joke right? He's a good player but no where near the best.......:eek:

hahahaha yeah his stats dont add up against the better teams........:eek:

bones1;399602 said:
whisper is that ANA are also considering joining the VTCA

we are all joining the vtca. In 5 years there will be no local comps, all local comps will be vtca split into zones, and then graded from there. It is happening in all local comps all over melbourne now,teams become fed up with their local comp and end up joining the vtca. The sad part about it is , they have their top 2 grades in the vtca, and leave the bottom 2 grades in the local comp.It has got to a stage now that when you join a club now you are registered in 2 and sometimes 3 competitions.What club delegates want to go to 3 comp meetings per month? The churches comp is now just a comp for vtca 4ths and 5ths, and it will happen to this one to.I hope that it wont happen, but i know it is going to

OutsideEdge;399730 said:
Not disputing he had good games but when you consider he made 13 runs for the whole year, and 9 other blokes took more wickets than him (including 3 from his own club), its hard to see how he was supposedly the 3rd best player in the comp for the year when he's not even in the best 5 players at his club!!

It's really not that hard to envisage that votes are given as to the context of a game is it? Maybe it's not the truest way of determining the best player in the comp, but if you have an influence on the outcome of a match, it will generally be noticed.

heard that ANA will be moving next season to the VTCA, even been told they will be joining us in B section so another win for us next season, and another close away game. Much better now that there wont be a bye with both lavo and ANA moving.

big game performer;399604 said:
we are all joining the vtca. In 5 years there will be no local comps, all local comps will be vtca split into zones, and then graded from there. It is happening in all local comps all over melbourne now,teams become fed up with their local comp and end up joining the vtca. The sad part about it is , they have their top 2 grades in the vtca, and leave the bottom 2 grades in the local comp.It has got to a stage now that when you join a club now you are registered in 2 and sometimes 3 competitions.What club delegates want to go to 3 comp meetings per month? The churches comp is now just a comp for vtca 4ths and 5ths, and it will happen to this one to.I hope that it wont happen, but i know it is going to

Although the grass may look greener on the other side, it's not. As mentioned above the delegates get jack of attending meeting after meeting, the younger kids get jack off travelling, everyone gets jack of playing for bonus points in ridiculous situations. Not to mention that the $$$$ involved progressively get higher as you progress through the ranks and you are lucky to have a beer with the opposition after the game. The Willy comp has the first two tiers covered standard wise, so if you are fortunate enough to progress the first two years of entering the comp, you may eventually play some competitive cricket.

hussler;399530 said:
Thanks for the summary bud...........just wondering, can anyone confirm if Charlie thanked Crackers for the 3 votes against Lavo in his speech............:D:D

Hussler is this the begginig of the end for the Mighty Willy comp, Lavo going and ANA gone. No merge what does the future hold for the local comps?

Any team that comes into ur comp from churches doesnt help out the Turf grade even though Melton are good enough to fill the gap.

ur thoughts on the matter m8.

unyuns;399819 said:
Although the grass may look greener on the other side, it's not. As mentioned above the delegates get jack of attending meeting after meeting, the younger kids get jack off travelling, everyone gets jack of playing for bonus points in ridiculous situations. Not to mention that the $$$$ involved progressively get higher as you progress through the ranks and you are lucky to have a beer with the opposition after the game. The Willy comp has the first two tiers covered standard wise, so if you are fortunate enough to progress the first two years of entering the comp, you may eventually play some competitive cricket.

gee whizz no sarcasm........good stuff knakers.......;)

[/B]
BigCoq;399645 said:
Hussler is this the begginig of the end for the Mighty Willy comp, Lavo going and ANA gone. No merge what does the future hold for the local comps?
Any team that comes into ur comp from churches doesnt help out the Turf grade even though Melton are good enough to fill the gap.

I dunno about no merge biggun...i would reckon that the merge between the Churches and the Willy comp will still happen, the other merge between the VTCA and the Willy comp is not dead and will be revived year after year from here on!!

unyuns;399819 said:

Well said onion............I watched the Nth A1 & our A-Turf granny this year & the standard in ours just shaded theirs I thought.........;)

BigCoq;399645 said:

ANA gone???? I'd be very surprised if they left, cant hide in B-Turf in VTCA:eek: & after losing their best player to Gisbourne Golf Club this year,they'll be sh!t anyhow!!!

Still haven't heard confirmation about Lavo yet???

Anyway, by the time it all goes into one comp, it wont affect me, I'll be watchin all the home games every week drinkin p!ss............;)

hussler;399870 said:
Well said onion............I watched the Nth A1 & our A-Turf granny this year & the standard in ours just shaded theirs I thought.........;)

So that means you assume that you guys are same standard as A1 and then B Turf teams (derr park, ANA, cant think of others) will go to B1?

I watched that granny and our side would have comfortably beaten ANA, and I have played against most of derr park too and we would beat them as well. Our team finished bottom and didnt win a game so I think you guys in A turf would fit nicely in B1, maybe GFs would fit into A1 but no way all teams good enough for A1 unless they pull out some cash and buy some players.

I know I prolly will be crucified for sying all this by you guys but I am trying to give an unbias (I know you guys think its bias) opinion on things

Commentator;399587 said:
If Lavo move on you may be in A Turf or will you do the same thing your pathetic footy club did which will probably play a part in West Footscray folding next year. I feel clubs should be aiming to play the highest possible level.

well why didnt you stay at altona nth.....???

and i wouldnt think ana would be going to vtca with what imo the best player in b-turf1 said to me at the presentation night.......

StAndrewsman;399874 said:
So that means you assume that you guys are same standard as A1 and then B Turf teams (derr park, ANA, cant think of others) will go to B1?

I watched that granny and our side would have comfortably beaten ANA, and I have played against most of derr park too and we would beat them as well. Our team finished bottom and didnt win a game so I think you guys in A turf would fit nicely in B1, maybe GFs would fit into A1 but no way all teams good enough for A1 unless they pull out some cash and buy some players.

I know I prolly will be crucified for sying all this by you guys but I am trying to give an unbias (I know you guys think its bias) opinion on things

No one is going to crucify you, unless you make a ridiculous statement or if you are from Laverton.

As an example, the last year West Newport were in the VTCA (North A1) we finished 10th of 12, first year back in WDCA we finished 6th of 10. The sides from both years were predominately the same. There isn't very much difference between the 2 comps.

The only variance that I can honestly mention between the two, is that the VTCA sides are very evenly matched when playing each other, whereas there is a bit of a difference between the top sides and the bottom sides in the WDCA, but in saying that, although the lower sides have been push overs for the last couple of years, they are closing the gap.

just cricket;399567 said:
If you have a look at the 4 games kingsland polled in total of 118 runs -18 wickets @6.4 avge against lavo .gu .colts and (hoppers :rolleyes:)
not bad

Not disputing he had good games but when you consider he made 13 runs for the whole year, and 9 other blokes took more wickets than him (including 3 from his own club), its hard to see how he was supposedly the 3rd best player in the comp for the year when he's not even in the best 5 players at his club!!

Those B-Turf sides are NOT who I was talking about??? I was talking about GF sides only..........but Im sure our 1sts (we finished 3rd last) would flog yours & wouldve played finals in B1.............we & other sides in A-Turf would make up top half of B1 easily..........;)

weapons05/06;399708 said:
well why didnt you stay at altona nth.....???

and i wouldnt think ana would be going to vtca with what imo the best player in b-turf1 said to me at the presentation night.......

Why what did Matty obrien say to you????

you havnt played deer park with me at the helm:eek:.......we beat lavo outright (premiers) and ana 150+ runs(runners up) last season.......though lost to them in 1 dayer's......:eek:

so to say who you played a couple of years ago you beat easily......and i dunno about other teams but my team were up amungst the best in the comp of the b-turf1 variety......

would could should i hate those words.....mean nothing at the end of the day......

my point of view if teams are too high in the vtca that will get sorted out in the first couple of years in the comp.......i think my club/team will do well in b1 of the vtca......

1965;399733 said:
Why what did Matty obrien say to you????

Hahaha.....that is a joke right? He's a good player but no where near the best.......:eek:

hussler;399895 said:
Those B-Turf sides are NOT who I was talking about??? I was talking about GF sides only..........but Im sure our 1sts (we finished 3rd last) would flog yours & wouldve played finals in B1.............we & other sides in A-Turf would make up top half of B1 easily..........;)

str8 into a1 knackers.......too good for b1

hussler;399742 said:

hahahaha yeah his stats dont add up against the better teams........:eek:

weapons05/06;399897 said:

Well lets start with you weapons the vtca wouldnt want a minnow of a club like yours in their comp due to the strength in numbers you have you probably wont be around in 18 months and onions at least there is a positive for your perennial not good enough for finals club with the almighty lavo heading to the vtca due to the invitation from their board not lavo chasing them you may be able to play finals next year but due to your tragic history like richmond in the last 20 years cant see it happening. :)

OutsideEdge;399730 said:

It's really not that hard to envisage that votes are given as to the context of a game is it? Maybe it's not the truest way of determining the best player in the comp, but if you have an influence on the outcome of a match, it will generally be noticed.

twinkle toes;399919 said:
Well lets start with you weapons the vtca wouldnt want a minnow of a club like yours in their comp due to the strength in numbers you have you probably wont be around in 18 months and onions at least there is a positive for your perennial not good enough for finals club with the almighty lavo heading to the vtca due to the invitation from their board not lavo chasing them you may be able to play finals next year but due to your tragic history like richmond in the last 20 years cant see it happening. :)

Another rumour floating around lavo been approached by vca not vtca to join due to their onfield and offfield wealth.

big game performer;399604 said:

twinkle toes;399921 said:
Another rumour floating around lavo been approached by vca not vtca to join due to their onfield and offfield wealth.

Blah blah blah.....................everyone needs a full set of teeth in the VCA, so I guess that counts Lavo out................:D

unyuns;399819 said:

gee whizz no sarcasm........good stuff knakers.......;)

Yous aren't goin anywhere, heard it from the horses mouth................:D

unyuns;399819 said:

hussler;399929 said:
Yous aren't goin anywhere, heard it from the horses mouth................:D

Obviously not talking to the people with the info boof and if we do need some teeth can you see if old georgias got any of her old falsies lying around

hussler;399870 said:

twinkle toes;399930 said:
Obviously not talking to the people with the info boof and if we do need some teeth can you see if old georgias got any of her old falsies lying around

she's a plum......ahhhh

No one is going to crucify you, unless you make a ridiculous statement or if you are from Laverton.

As an example, the last year West Newport were in the VTCA (North A1) we finished 10th of 12, first year back in WDCA we finished 6th of 10. The sides from both years were predominately the same. There isn't very much difference between the 2 comps.

The only variance that I can honestly mention between the two, is that the VTCA sides are very evenly matched when playing each other, whereas there is a bit of a difference between the top sides and the bottom sides in the WDCA, but in saying that, although the lower sides have been push overs for the last couple of years, they are closing the gap.

18 months.......pppffftttt

plenty of coin in the bank down my way bud......we even had the footy club wanting to lend some coin off us.......;)

Ahhhh, Bradley Bradley Bradley. Although we missed playing finals by 1 point (which is irrelevant here), even if we made it, both our 1st elevens (not you) were sitting around watching what was actually going on in the GF. Unlike your blokes though, I can't recall an imps bloke being punched up or anyone from any other club. Funny that.

you havnt played deer park with me at the helm:eek:.......we beat lavo outright (premiers) and ana 150+ runs(runners up) last season.......though lost to them in 1 dayer's......:eek:

so to say who you played a couple of years ago you beat easily......and i dunno about other teams but my team were up amungst the best in the comp of the b-turf1 variety......

would could should i hate those words.....mean nothing at the end of the day......

my point of view if teams are too high in the vtca that will get sorted out in the first couple of years in the comp.......i think my club/team will do well in b1 of the vtca......

weapons05/06;399948 said:
18 months.......pppffftttt

plenty of coin in the bank down my way bud......we even had the footy club wanting to lend some coin off us.......;)

Any chance of a gold tooth:D

hussler;399895 said:

hey weapons, went past your ground on saturday (on way to see Braybrook get thumped again) and saw that there were ppl training in the nets. Don't tell me you guys have already started? You do realise season doesnt start til October. Also you guys arent even in A-Turf so you shouldnt start training til week before season starts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back