Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

ANCC;270012 said:
went and watched willy gimps play lavo was a good game i think willy are a sniff for a finals birth

So what new players did they have ANCC ? and what clubs did they join from?

Boofa;270032 said:
So what new players did they have ANCC ? and what clubs did they join from?

They will be handy without being a major threat I wouldnt have thought. If you get away with swinging the willow it always helps.
We missed a few bowlers which was the key.
I wonder if teams will notice the guys which didnt bat?? 3 new players made all the runs.

Some old names back at GU, future looks good.....

rohan;270224 said:
They will be handy without being a major threat I wouldnt have thought. If you get away with swinging the willow it always helps.
We missed a few bowlers which was the key.
I wonder if teams will notice the guys which didnt bat?? 3 new players made all the runs.

Some old names back at GU, future looks good.....

Swinging willow? Dont think we were watching the same game. There was some mighty fine cricket shots played, some off good balls and the bad one's were dispatched to the boundary as they should be.
Who were the bowlers missing?? Word from Laverton people at game was, your bowling is not good enough.
You only had 3 guys bat, you batted your allotment of 40 overs and did not post a big enough score, irrelevant who didnt bat.

wimps view;270307 said:
Swinging willow? Dont think we were watching the same game. There was some mighty fine cricket shots played, some off good balls and the bad one's were dispatched to the boundary as they should be.
Who were the bowlers missing?? Word from Laverton people at game was, your bowling is not good enough.
You only had 3 guys bat, you batted your allotment of 40 overs and did not post a big enough score, irrelevant who didnt bat.
from all reports lavo have 2 left arm quicks out which wood of helped wellsy whobowled 10 overs 2 for 13 one more bowler game over boys get back to drinking your own bath water boys :)

I didnt say we didnt bowl bad balls. I said some blokes and one in particular swing every over and get away with it.

Irrelevent who didnt bat? Fair enough we didnt get a big enough score, but when your best bats dont get a hit things are looking good for the future.
Anyone else get a young recruit who hasnt played senior cricket for 2 years and makes a ton?

Its all good and well getting old blokes that can play, but when they piss off for more money after two season who is going to be better off? them or the teams which have the younger guys wanting to play for the club rather then the coin?

rohan;270435 said:
I didnt say we didnt bowl bad balls. I said some blokes and one in particular swing every over and get away with it.

Irrelevent who didnt bat? Fair enough we didnt get a big enough score, but when your best bats dont get a hit things are looking good for the future.
Anyone else get a young recruit who hasnt played senior cricket for 2 years and makes a ton?

Its all good and well getting old blokes that can play, but when they piss off for more money after two season who is going to be better off? them or the teams which have the younger guys wanting to play for the club rather then the coin?

Why would your best bats not be batting in the top 4 in a one dayer Rohan?And who are you referring to in the bit with old blokes chasing the $$$$

rohan;270435 said:

Again, were we watching a different game, who was the bloke swinging every over??? Besides it was a 40 over (1 day) match, it happens!!
I agree, the blokes who didnt bat have some talent, it is geat to see Laverton giving a lot of young talent a go, not something they have always done. Brendan has always been highly talented, has strong family ties to your club and hasnt played due to his promising racecalling career, money not necessarily his motivation to play cricket.
If you are referring to Imps getting old blokes who can play, play for coin for 2 years then p.off, you couldnt be further from the mark. The bloke coaching hasnt played for 2 years, had no intention of playing until his best mate (the President) called him and asked if he would be interested due to lack of applicants, no great $ involved. He has brought with him a much more professional attitude to training and playing to an already talented side (batting at least). He has approached a few ex team mates to play, including one he played overseas cricket with but no money involved.
Results will tell the story but there is a legitimate feeling of optimism around the club.
Re clubs throwing $ at short term players, it was Laverton, who only a couple of seasons ago were trying to poach G.Robson from our club after a 600 plus run season.
P.S - Tell Loges Ryan Hinton stayed for the love not the money, as he queried in the field on Saturday. Not a bad bunch of blokes at Imps. Just ask us.
Good luck to all for the rest of the season.

wimps view;270922 said:
Again, were we watching a different game, who was the bloke swinging every over??? Besides it was a 40 over (1 day) match, it happens!!
I agree, the blokes who didnt bat have some talent, it is geat to see Laverton giving a lot of young talent a go, not something they have always done. Brendan has always been highly talented, has strong family ties to your club and hasnt played due to his promising racecalling career, money not necessarily his motivation to play cricket.
If you are referring to Imps getting old blokes who can play, play for coin for 2 years then p.off, you couldnt be further from the mark. The bloke coaching hasnt played for 2 years, had no intention of playing until his best mate (the President) called him and asked if he would be interested due to lack of applicants, no great $ involved. He has brought with him a much more professional attitude to training and playing to an already talented side (batting at least). He has approached a few ex team mates to play, including one he played overseas cricket with but no money involved.
Results will tell the story but there is a legitimate feeling of optimism around the club.
Re clubs throwing $ at short term players, it was Laverton, who only a couple of seasons ago were trying to poach G.Robson from our club after a 600 plus run season.
P.S - Tell Loges Ryan Hinton stayed for the love not the money, as he queried in the field on Saturday. Not a bad bunch of blokes at Imps. Just ask us.
Good luck to all for the rest of the season.

Not paying someone who has come from overseas to play for you?Bulls**t!

Boofa;270998 said:
Not paying someone who has come from overseas to play for you?Bulls**t!

Yeah no one is going to believe that.

Ok Hinton is an exception, we heard he had offers and chose to stay, good on him. But, you can not honestly say you didnt get lucky when having a swing. If you think otherwise then good on ya's your only kidding yourself.

Anyone say why Wyndamvale game was off and the Gellibrand game? Not having a pitch ready is a joke.

rohan;271003 said:

Ok Hinton is an exception, we heard he had offers and chose to stay, good on him. But, you can not honestly say you didnt get lucky when having a swing. If you think otherwise then good on ya's your only kidding yourself.

Anyone say why Wyndamvale game was off and the Gellibrand game? Not having a pitch ready is a joke.

hey rohan wyndamvale had a pitch they wanted to play but the run ups
were a mud heap,they even went to buy sand to lay over top then put mats
on top, had to be called off but they still wanted to play no idea.

rohan;271003 said:

hinton actually gets paid??? hes not that great a player he couldnt make a run in the vtca if he tryed

ANCC;271024 said:
hinton actually gets paid??? hes not that great a player he couldnt make a run in the vtca if he tryed

So you'd be 1 of the few players that doesnt get paid in your first team then?

scrumpy084;271034 said:
Believe me Willy imps aren't payin there overseas player!!
i would hope not lavo 2 for 202 are there 2 opening bowlers from os???????? no where in wellsys class any of the wimps bowlers bar robbo whos a top slowie

Boofa;271040 said:
So you'd be 1 of the few players that doesnt get paid in your first team then?

hahahahaha where have u got this idea from that the imps are payin players??? where is the revenue comin from to pay all these supposed players! how about most the lads at the club love the social side and the cricket and they don't play because of a few $$$ in their pocket at the end of the game! they'll be more teams payin more players and $$$$ than imps!!

1965;271041 said:
i would hope not lavo 2 for 202 are there 2 opening bowlers from os???????? no where in wellsys class any of the wimps bowlers bar robbo whos a top slowie

From os??? where is os??? and lets see at end of season how gd the imps bowlers are not after 1 game on a road!!

sounds like willy imps are getting carried away after 1 win they only beat lavo who ended up 7th last year wait till they play the good teams

barryhall;271046 said:
sounds like willy imps are getting carried away after 1 win they only beat lavo who ended up 7th last year wait till they play the good teams

How are we gettin carried away??? every1 seems to be jumpin on the band wagon and sayin that were playin every1 in the team just because we won on saturday! we deserved to win on sat simple as, we not payin every player under the sun either that to me doesn't sound like were gettin carried away!

I was at the game on saturday and imps were impressive!! Imps bowlers didn't bowl the best, they bowled in drips and drabs, they dropped 4 catches and didn't field very well but they batted well with out ever really taking a risk! they timed they're run chase very well i thought and could be in with a shout this yr!

The Flyin Scotsman!!;271054 said:
I was at the game on saturday and imps were impressive!! Imps bowlers didn't bowl the best, they bowled in drips and drabs, they dropped 4 catches and didn't field very well but they batted well with out ever really taking a risk! they timed they're run chase very well i thought and could be in with a shout this yr!

Dont know which club you're from, but summed up the batting very well, rohan either has no idea when he makes the comment about swinging from the bum or as his past posts suggests, he likes to stir the pot. I didnt see bowling or fielding, we have a lot of work and a long way to go but as I mentioned before, there is a genuine feeling of optimism around the club. No getting carried away as others are suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back