Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

hussler;315077 said:
MY TIPS FOR THE WEEKEND FELLAS
A-TURF
--GELLI vs ND
--GU vs WEST
--ANA vs IMPS
--COLTS vs HC
--WYND vs LAVO

Some good games on the w/e..
GELLI vs ND.. would think ND will get the points here
GU vs WEST.. the WEST youngsters to comfortably cause a massive upset here
ANA vs IMPS.. IMPS too strong and will push hard for the outright
COLTS vs HC.. COLTS to beat HC but look for a bit of fight from HC
WYND vs LAVO.. LAVO to win in the upset of the season

hussler;316055 said:
QUOTE "WAIT THERE" Some good games on the w/e..

How about havin a dip before the game's start........pussycat???????[/QUOTE]

haha.. i like betting in the run.. you no that

WYND vs LAVO.. LAVO to win in the upset of the season[/QUOTE]

How about havin a dip before the game's start........pussycat???????

not much to be said on this thread recently.. i thought it'd be flyin into finals time

hussler;316055 said:

How about havin a dip before the game's start........pussycat???????[/QUOTE]

haha.. i like betting in the run.. you no that

wait there;316900 said:
not much to be said on this thread recently.. i thought it'd be flyin into finals time

With games more than likely to be called off on saturday if the temps forcasts are correct, makes it a interesting race for fourth spot in A Turf.

Wyn, Digman and imps assured of a spot in the four. Looks like it will be between GU , Colts & Gellibrand for 4th spot. GU having the toughest draw, one loss and could be the end of them. If Colts can beat lavo and Gellibrand they will sneak into the four.

Also B turf shaping up to be a thriller for the race to the finals

Point Cook, Lavo, Wynhamvale and Colts to make the four.

For digman to make it, they have to hope for the maximum points for their bye and cause a upset against Point Cook. For the other sides potential outright points can give them a life line if results go their way.

WDCAcricketer;316920 said:
With games more than likely to be called off on saturday if the temps forcasts are correct, makes it a interesting race for fourth spot in A Turf.

Wyn, Digman and imps assured of a spot in the four. Looks like it will be between GU , Colts & Gellibrand for 4th spot. GU having the toughest draw, one loss and could be the end of them. If Colts can beat lavo and Gellibrand they will sneak into the four.

For digman to make it, they have to hope for the maximum points for their bye and cause a upset against Point Cook. For the other sides potential outright points can give them a life line if results go their way.

Can anyone confirm the exact ruling on games being cancelled this week??
when does the decision get made?
is it one game off, all games off?
does it get cancelled or can you wait around until 3pm for example in case the temp drops??

wait there;316900 said:

Willi Comp;316949 said:
does it get cancelled or can you wait around until 3pm for example in case the temp drops??
RULE 202.
CALL 1196 BEFORE PLAY STARTS,if temp at laverton is 38 or moreno play,cannot start til temp drops below 38,capttains to phoneevery 30 mins
to get temp.,if started on time play shall cease if temp reaches 38.
if captains agree can call off game at any time 38 reached,if they disagree it is umps call,if no ump and capts. disagree must wait til temp drops or 6 pm comes along.critical condition is temp is taken from laverton temp not the city,this will be monitered so if any games plays on in 38 or over game will be declared invalid and executive will rule on it regds.

SWANNEES;316996 said:
RULE 202.
CALL 1196 BEFORE PLAY STARTS,if temp at laverton is 38 or moreno play,cannot start til temp drops below 38,capttains to phoneevery 30 mins
if captains agree can call off game at any time 38 reached,if they disagree it is umps call,if no ump and capts. disagree must wait til temp drops or 6 pm comes along.critical condition is temp is taken from laverton temp not the city,this will be monitered so if any games plays on in 38 or over game will be declared invalid and executive will rule on it regds.

Can anyone else see this cauisng all sorts of dramas this week..

so potentially, both sides can wait around until 4 or 5 pm waiting for temp to start?? thats even more ridiculous than having to turn up at all.

Lets say both captains agree to play.. one side going very well with the bat likely to chase down a score, the fielding captain who had previously agreed to play realise they are going to lose, decides to call for heat rule!
There will become 'no winnable' situations..

Willi Comp;316949 said:
RULE 202.

Willi Comp;317053 said:

so potentially, both sides can wait around until 4 or 5 pm waiting for temp to start?? thats even more ridiculous than having to turn up at all.

Lets say both captains agree to play.. one side going very well with the bat likely to chase down a score, the fielding captain who had previously agreed to play realise they are going to lose, decides to call for heat rule!

I doubt there will be dramas, as it is a requirement that the temperature is monitored every 30 minutes and once the temperature reaches 38 play is to cease. So it is highly unlikely that a captain can "agree" to play and then change his mind. it is the temperature that decided when play starts and ceases. Not the captains!

SWANNEES;316996 said:
RULE 202.

Don't write off West Newport yet only 6 points out but are in a strong position this game against GU ( 292 runs on the board ) with 2 home games to come against Hoppers Club and Imps. Would need to win all games and hope other results go in their favour but are still a chance with their bowling attack and Bamford in top form with the bat.

PS The weather forecast for Saturday has been revised with a top temp of 35.

Willi Comp;317053 said:

I doubt there will be dramas, as it is a requirement that the temperature is monitored every 30 minutes and once the temperature reaches 38 play is to cease. So it is highly unlikely that a captain can "agree" to play and then change his mind. it is the temperature that decided when play starts and ceases. Not the captains!

ImpartialOnlooker;317076 said:

its happened before in this comp mate!
GU and IMPS played a game a few years back when the captains agreed to play! and that day was 42c..

Don't write off West Newport yet only 6 points out but are in a strong position this game against GU ( 292 runs on the board ) with 2 home games to come against Hoppers Club and Imps. Would need to win all games and hope other results go in their favour but are still a chance with their bowling attack and Bamford in top form with the bat.

scrumpy084;307919 said:
They wouldn't be playing at same side as pughy, so they wouldn't need to be heavy drinker, do you have someone thats interested??

I have it on good authority that Andy Pugh will be in Australia next season playing with Altona North. I believe the only thing that will stop this is he has seperated from his misses and has 2 kids which he won't see for 6 months if he comes over but the last i heard he is coming.

ImpartialOnlooker;317076 said:

GU and IMPS played a game a few years back when the captains agreed to play! and that day was 42c..

West Riff Raff;317579 said:
I have it on good authority that Andy Pugh will be in Australia next season playing with Altona North. I believe the only thing that will stop this is he has seperated from his misses and has 2 kids which he won't see for 6 months if he comes over but the last i heard he is coming.

Haha there is that rumour flying around everywhere, i've spoken to him this week about our season back in england and he didn't know anything about Altona North offering him anything for next season. The only thing he knew was what he had been told by myself and another player in oz. So could be interesting as to whether he is in Oz or not next season!

scrumpy084;307919 said:
They wouldn't be playing at same side as pughy, so they wouldn't need to be heavy drinker, do you have someone thats interested??

scrumpy084;317601 said:
Haha there is that rumour flying around everywhere, i've spoken to him this week about our season back in england and he didn't know anything about Altona North offering him anything for next season. The only thing he knew was what he had been told by myself and another player in oz. So could be interesting as to whether he is in Oz or not next season!

Interesting???? Has he split up with his misses?

West Riff Raff;317579 said:

scrumpy084;317601 said:

I thought he was coming to Imps.

scrumpy084;317601 said:

Interesting???? Has he split up with his misses?

Willi Comp;317569 said:

There was no heat rule back then,so I dont think the captains would have had any say in the matter,you had to play!!!!!!!!!

scrumpy084;317601 said:

I thought he was coming to Imps.

West Riff Raff;317567 said:

Theres good news + bad news in that post bud............The good news is,we will play cricket on satdy + The bad news is,yous aren't making the finals bro!!!!!!!!!:p

Willi Comp;317569 said:

There was no heat rule back then,so I dont think the captains would have had any say in the matter,you had to play!!!!!!!!!

West Riff Raff;317567 said:

Theres good news + bad news in that post bud............The good news is,we will play cricket on satdy + The bad news is,yous aren't making the finals bro!!!!!!!!!:p

hussler;317650 said:

You never know your luck in a big city and i believe Colts will get 4th spot but there is some very important games in the last 2 rounds that will decide 4th spot. If West can win their last 3 games GU, Colts, Gelli or Lav can not afford to drop a game unless one of them pick up an outright. For your sake you better hope West beats GU this week or you might see a very strong West side fielded against Pt Cook as our seconds are 4th and play Rams last game.

Round 10

GU v Imps
Colts v Laverton
Gelli v ANA
West v Hoppers

Round 11

GU v Wyn
Colts v Gelli
Lav v Newport
West v Imps

West Riff Raff;317697 said:
You never know your luck in a big city and i believe Colts will get 4th spot but there is some very important games in the last 2 rounds that will decide 4th spot. If West can win their last 3 games GU, Colts, Gelli or Lav can not afford to drop a game unless one of them pick up an outright. For your sake you better hope West beats GU this week or you might see a very strong West side fielded against Pt Cook as our seconds are 4th and play Rams last game.
Round 10

GU v Imps
Colts v Laverton
Gelli v ANA
West v Hoppers

Round 11

GU v Wyn
Colts v Gelli
Lav v Newport
West v Imps

Im sure Pt Cook would be midde of the road in the A-Turf,so if ya did drop players I dont think yous would be certainties to beat them???

hussler;317650 said:

Round 10

GU v Imps
Colts v Laverton
Gelli v ANA
West v Hoppers

Round 11

GU v Wyn
Colts v Gelli
Lav v Newport
West v Imps

hussler;317712 said:
Im sure Pt Cook would be midde of the road in the A-Turf,so if ya did drop players I dont think yous would be certainties to beat them???

It would help though

West Riff Raff;317697 said:
Round 10

GU v Imps
Colts v Laverton
Gelli v ANA
West v Hoppers

Round 11

GU v Wyn
Colts v Gelli
Lav v Newport
West v Imps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back