Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Boofa;320642 said:
The only reason Digman havent lost yet has been some lucky weather and decisions from umpires.
1. Called off against Wyndhamvale when the rest of the comp played.
2. Chasing 220 at Colts .Covers blew off .No side chases 160 at colts.
3.Chasing 290 against imps when rained off.

I agree with point no3...

No1-I was there that day + one end of the ground was under water,then sand was shoveled everywhere +it turned into a beach(how do u know ND wouldve lost???)

No2-Colts are responsible for their covers blowing off(it seems to happen a fair bit down there)............We started at 3.30pm,so that meant only one team could win the match.......in saying that we were 2/98 on a sticky+lost 3 late wickets after 5.30,is that lucky is it?????? I would call it unlucky!!!!!!!

hussler;320699 said:

No1-I was there that day + one end of the ground was under water,then sand was shoveled everywhere +it turned into a beach(how do u know ND wouldve lost???)

No2-Colts are responsible for their covers blowing off(it seems to happen a fair bit down there)............We started at 3.30pm,so that meant only one team could win the match.......in saying that we were 2/98 on a sticky+lost 3 late wickets after 5.30,is that lucky is it?????? I would call it unlucky!!!!!!!

Not knocking Digman but believe they may have lost 1 of those 3 if played,but as you say you cant change the weather.

Willi Comp;320611 said:
rather than worry about the 4 as there are so many options still. Lets sum up the teams and predict the winner!

ND - they are the only undefeated side so far! Need Walsh to make a big score! Gurrera needs to not bowl no-balls! will end up taking crucial wickets and be called for over stepping!

WYN - Dont think they make enough runs to win a GF! Need to be able to make a total of over 500 runs to win a flag! Their bowling wont be so great on a Grand final wicket assuming it was to be played at Lavo!

IMPS - Have enough good bats to win.. their bowling may let them down a bit.. A good spinner though to bowl 25+ overs in both innings of a GF

GU - Their bowling is a weak link, howvere they have enough runs on the boards in GF over years to be condiered dangerous if they make it.

Colts - While they have some abitliy not sure they have enough grit about them to win finals. Would battle over 4 days

Lavo - Could be a surpsirse packet on their day however unlikely to make it! enough good players to make enough runs to win!

Overall i think Digman will be the side at this stage!

Good run down there Willy Comp you've pretty much got right.................

Any truth in the rumor Plummer(WYND) has done his knee and is out for the year????????? Massive loss if this is true?????:eek:

Boofa;320728 said:
Not knocking Digman but believe they may have lost 1 of those 3 if played,but as you say you cant change the weather.

Yeah agree with ya the Imps had us on toast especially without Welshy that day!!!!!!!!!

hussler;320699 said:

hussler;320706 said:

Any truth in the rumor Plummer(WYND) has done his knee and is out for the year????????? Massive loss if this is true?????:eek:
No truth to that rumour. He's had his problems with his knee over the last year. and should be back this week

On the cricket side of things. Lavo bowled well against us, we threw our wickets away and i'd back ourselves to make runs in finals. Lavo batted well, and good on Mason making his ton, a good innings on the weekend

Boofa;320728 said:

Yeah agree with ya the Imps had us on toast especially without Welshy that day!!!!!!!!!

dolz;320878 said:
No truth to that rumour. He's had his problems with his knee over the last year. and should be back this week

On the cricket side of things. Lavo bowled well against us, we threw our wickets away and i'd back ourselves to make runs in finals. Lavo batted well, and good on Mason making his ton, a good innings on the weekend

i've heard from a senior player at wyndhamvale that he won't be back until the semi final

hussler;320706 said:

TIPS FOR THE WEEKEND BOYS

A-TURF

ND vs WYND-Close call
LAVO vs COLTS-Too strong at home
IMPS vs GU-Think they will bowl better than GU(batting even)
WEST vs HC-West in a close one
GELLI vs ANA-Still no joy ANA,maybe outright

B-TURF

COLTS vs RAMS-Too good
GU vs IMPS-Too good
WYND vs GELLI-maybe outright
HC vs DP-maybe outright(need one to be any hope)
ANA vs LAVO-need outright to get top spot+should get it
PTC vs WEST-will need the same to keep top spot

ATT: WAIT THERE-Put your tips in before th 1st Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dolz;320878 said:

i've heard from a senior player at wyndhamvale that he won't be back until the semi final

hussler;321020 said:

A-TURF

ND vs WYND-Close call

B-TURF

COLTS vs RAMS-Too good
GU vs IMPS-Too good

Alright hussler.. here ya go

A-TURF
ND vs WYND - ND to make more runs, there batting superior to WYND
LAVO vs COLTS - could go either way, have to go with LAVO after last week
IMPS vs GU - upset here with GU, just think that after chasing 300 last week there confidence will be right up
WEST vs HC - who cares, i'll go WEST though
GELLI vs ANA - again not really interested but will go with GELLI

B-TURF
COLTS vs RAMS - COLTS to win, RAMS wouldn't win a game in b-matts
GU vs IMPS - IMPS too good
WYND vs GELLI - WYND too good
HC vs DP - HC in an upset
ANA vs LAVO - LAVO easy
PTC vs WEST - PTC easy

A-TURF

ND vs WYND-Close call

B-TURF

COLTS vs RAMS-Too good
GU vs IMPS-Too good

dw bout wyndhamvale... they have the talent to make loads of runs.. and will from here on out.. especially if trent lawford hits a few.. the lost wyndhamvale had against lavo will only help them here on out... coz now they no there not unbeatable.. and wont get complacent now!

hussler;321020 said:

A-TURF

ND vs WYND-Close call

B-TURF

COLTS vs RAMS-Too good
GU vs IMPS-Too good

A-TURF
IMPS vs GU - upset here with GU, just think that after chasing 300 last week there confidence will be right up

B-TURF
ANA vs LAVO - LAVO easy
PTC vs WEST - PTC easy

dw bout wyndhamvale... they have the talent to make loads of runs.. and will from here on out.. especially if trent lawford hits a few.. the lost wyndhamvale had against lavo will only help them here on out... coz now they no there not unbeatable.. and wont get complacent now!

Boofa;320728 said:

ieally couldnt understand y they wouldnt play the first game of the season... (oh wait, its coz they only had 7 players of there a turf side playing).. but wyndhamvale practiced on the wicket after digman left, and there were no complaints.. but who cares in the end... we will c what happens after this game, and we will c if wyndhamvale can bounce bak with sum runs on the bored.

futurecompchamp;321209 said:
ieally couldnt understand y they wouldnt play the first game of the season... (oh wait, its coz they only had 7 players of there a turf side playing).. but wyndhamvale practiced on the wicket after digman left, and there were no complaints.. but who cares in the end... we will c what happens after this game, and we will c if wyndhamvale can bounce bak with sum runs on the bored.

so you were obviously there.. the run up on the south end of the ground was saturated.. and after you blokes put sand on it.. we would've been better running in to bowl on werribee sth beach

Boofa;320728 said:

Yous still wouldnt make a 100 between the lot of you on that "POOH" track!!!!!!!!!!:D

so you were obviously there.. the run up on the south end of the ground was saturated.. and after you blokes put sand on it.. we would've been better running in to bowl on werribee sth beach

futurecompchamp;321202 said:

Your kidding mate with Schnitzel @ 1,Pring bros @ 3+4(they were crap at centrals)+ Lawford hides at 7+8??????? "LOADS OF RUNS" I dont think so!!!!!!!!:eek:

Yous still wouldnt make a 100 between the lot of you on that "POOH" track!!!!!!!!!!:D

vales batting this season 252 highest score vs ANA, woohoo.
havent reached 200 any other hit.
all scores above 150, lawford has made a sizeable contribution.
last 2 games v nd & gu .. no bottom sides
vales have been bottom side bullies
batting very shaky leading into finals
if lawford misses out, might be lucky to get 100

Your kidding mate with Schnitzel @ 1,Pring bros @ 3+4(they were crap at centrals)+ Lawford hides at 7+8??????? "LOADS OF RUNS" I dont think so!!!!!!!!:eek:

wimps view;321311 said:

They must be doing something right Wimps View,and didnt they do you guys over earlier in the year.Or are you going to use the excuse Hinton wasnt playing as the rest of your players did?

wait there;321059 said:

A-TURF

B-TURF
ANA vs LAVO - LAVO easy
PTC vs WEST - PTC easy

Think I hve to agree with you on the Imps v GU game....Newport Digman the side to beat this year my opinion but great to see Willi Imps up there. Terrific bunch of guys and a great club to boot!

wimps view;321311 said:

They must be doing something right Wimps View,and didnt they do you guys over earlier in the year.Or are you going to use the excuse Hinton wasnt playing as the rest of your players did?

To be honest, Lawford has made over 350 runs this season. hit a ton the game before christmas opening the bat, so i dont think there was hiding that day?

Everyone has this obsession about Wyndhamvale not being able to bat. Our lowest score before the last game was 170. Whilst 170 might not be a massive total, it's a fairly competitive total in this comp

wait there;321059 said:

A-TURF

B-TURF
ANA vs LAVO - LAVO easy
PTC vs WEST - PTC easy

Think I hve to agree with you on the Imps v GU game....Newport Digman the side to beat this year my opinion but great to see Willi Imps up there. Terrific bunch of guys and a great club to boot!

dolz;321852 said:
To be honest, Lawford has made over 350 runs this season. hit a ton the game before christmas opening the bat, so i dont think there was hiding that day?

Everyone has this obsession about Wyndhamvale not being able to bat. Our lowest score before the last game was 170. Whilst 170 might not be a massive total, it's a fairly competitive total in this comp

Come on Dolz...Get with the program.
170 fairly competitive????? Maybe at Wynd (with that sensational wicket and outfield, and your bowling line up with Plummer playing):cool:........
But not at Gelli, GU, ND, Imps, HX, WN.(4 potential finals/GF grounds in that lot)
Might be a chance to defend 170 at Colts (on one of their immaculately prepared wickets) or Lav (flat tracks and bigger outfields), but for a side on the brink of finals to say 170 competitive????:confused:
Would rather be chasing 170, than 220+ on those grounds anytime.
Would see that as being a bit more COMPETITIVE than 170.

wait there;321059 said:

A-TURF
ND vs WYND - ND to make more runs, there batting superior to WYNDLAVO vs COLTS - could go either way, have to go with LAVO after last week
IMPS vs GU - upset here with GU, just think that after chasing 300 last week there confidence will be right upWEST vs HC - who cares, i'll go WEST though

B-TURF
ANA vs LAVO - LAVO easy
PTC vs WEST - PTC easy

Wait There,
1. Agree with ND to win only bcos at home, but top 4 bats for ND and Wynd have both contributed around 800 runs. No superior advantage their.
ND rely on Walshy and Wyn rely on Lawford.
Wyn have a slightly better bowling line up if Plummer's playing, but think ND will lift at home, even though from what ive read, Wyn think that ND tanked early in season at Wyn, due to lack of players.;)
2. Imps to win in a close one.
GU chasing 300 on a ready made wicket(and outfield) at GU...... Only needed one of their seasoned campaigners to get set(Deano,Drury,Eddie, Frewy,Carl etc), and they would of made a meal of the 300, so would of been confident before the game IMO.
Instead they relied on a 1st gamer to get them there..Well done Dave;)
Haven't lost much of their batting line up apart from Squizzy.
Problem for GU, will be containing Hinton and Robson, who will make the Chuggless GU's bowling line up look second rate, if they can get going on there own dunghill.
Imps will have to post a 250+ score tho, to be confident, as their bowling is their weekness.
Will be a toss of the coin.

dolz;321852 said:

Come on Dolz...Get with the program.
170 fairly competitive????? Maybe at Wynd (with that sensational wicket and outfield, and your bowling line up with Plummer playing):cool:........
But not at Gelli, GU, ND, Imps, HX, WN.(4 potential finals/GF grounds in that lot)
Might be a chance to defend 170 at Colts (on one of their immaculately prepared wickets) or Lav (flat tracks and bigger outfields), but for a side on the brink of finals to say 170 competitive????:confused:
Would rather be chasing 170, than 220+ on those grounds anytime.
Would see that as being a bit more COMPETITIVE than 170.

dolz;321852 said:

Vales BATSMAN this year.

Top 6 last week

Veal - avg 21.63
Dennerley - avg 20
N.Pring - avg 19.33
J.Pring - avg 9.57
Radford - avg 4.67
Hardy - avg 17.5

6 for 92.7 is not strong
Throw in Dolliver 7.71

Your bowlers and tail have been fantastic, no one doubts that.
Batting as facts show is your weakness.

wait there;321059 said:

A-TURF
ND vs WYND - ND to make more runs, there batting superior to WYNDLAVO vs COLTS - could go either way, have to go with LAVO after last week
IMPS vs GU - upset here with GU, just think that after chasing 300 last week there confidence will be right upWEST vs HC - who cares, i'll go WEST though

B-TURF
ANA vs LAVO - LAVO easy
PTC vs WEST - PTC easy

Wait There,
1. Agree with ND to win only bcos at home, but top 4 bats for ND and Wynd have both contributed around 800 runs. No superior advantage their.
ND rely on Walshy and Wyn rely on Lawford.
Wyn have a slightly better bowling line up if Plummer's playing, but think ND will lift at home, even though from what ive read, Wyn think that ND tanked early in season at Wyn, due to lack of players.;)
2. Imps to win in a close one.
GU chasing 300 on a ready made wicket(and outfield) at GU...... Only needed one of their seasoned campaigners to get set(Deano,Drury,Eddie, Frewy,Carl etc), and they would of made a meal of the 300, so would of been confident before the game IMO.
Instead they relied on a 1st gamer to get them there..Well done Dave;)
Haven't lost much of their batting line up apart from Squizzy.
Problem for GU, will be containing Hinton and Robson, who will make the Chuggless GU's bowling line up look second rate, if they can get going on there own dunghill.
Imps will have to post a 250+ score tho, to be confident, as their bowling is their weekness.
Will be a toss of the coin.

Boofa;321363 said:

They are doing a lot right, a few people on this forum (me included) do think their batting is their weakness.
They did us over good.
We made 182 (without Ryno)
They were 9-142 before Lawford and Clayton dug in and got them over the line. They made 187. A close competitive match.
Would Ryno have made a difference? We will never know.
He could have made a duck, he could have made a ton.
More often than not, he makes runs not ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back