Willowfest 2009

Rampant

Willowfest 2009

Hi guys, I was just thinking about getting this up and running now that Willowfest is only a couple of months away. Are there any new groups going up this year? We went up for our first time last year and had a bit of fun, we even ended up taking home a little bit of prize money...

Re: Willowfest 2009

Rampant;367706 said:
Hi guys, I was just thinking about getting this up and running now that Willowfest is only a couple of months away. Are there any new groups going up this year? We went up for our first time last year and had a bit of fun, we even ended up taking home a little bit of prize money...

Hey Mate Muppets Here I go every year not too sure which team im playing on this year great trip tho if ya love cricket its a must !

Rampant;367706 said:

Can i ask what it is and were

One of our mates lives up there and got us onto it, it's a bloody good week if you enjoy your cricket...

This year we're going up with an entourage and all, although we're unsure what we'll do for accommodation. What does everyone do when they go up for accommodation around Mildura?

Time to look at his own operation
Saturday, 02 January 2010 00:44
One of our backpacker owners Peter Doody has had a lot to say in recent weeks about the alleged value to our tourism industry of the so called end of journey bicycle facility.

If Mildura is to ever get a good name for itself as a tourist centre (which we definitely are not) Mr Doody should look at his own operation.

One of the Willowfest Cricket teams who came to Sunraysia had been accommodated at a hostel in Lemon Avenue, owned by the well known local Irishman Mr Doody

Anyway, a couple of nights into their stay, an accident occurred and a window was broken.

The Jika Jika team group contacted Mr Dowdy, admitted the breakage, cleaned up their mess, and paid for the damage to the window.

After this happened, Mr Dowdy kicked the entire team out - and refused to return the $900 they had already paid for accommodation.

The team then went to the Mildura Police Station to lodge a complaint.

Allthough Mr Doody is not entitled to keep their cash, he had certainly not repaid them prior to the last day of Willowfest games played on Wednesday.

Delete Post

Back