Willy Comp 2011/2012

Is there any news yet on new teams?? Sunshine Heights and Sunshine YCW were rumoured to be coming to WDCA, havent heard where its at.. be good for the comp if they do..

Thanks boys.. Interesting, would have thought Sunshine YCW would have learnt there lesson first time around when they nearly folded as a result of being in that comp. As for heights, they must just love playing outside there local area..

The VTCA has been re structured since the last time YCW were in it, and is in a growth phase. A new western division is being formed this season.

The VTCA has been re structured since the last time YCW were in it, and is in a growth phase. A new western division is being formed this season.
The western division was going to be for the WDCA sides when they crossed over, there was copy of the new grade & the sides that would be in it shown to delegates at a WDCA meeting last year. The MMVCA sides are going to be in a new north west comp.

The western division was going to be for the WDCA sides when they crossed over, there was copy of the new grade & the sides that would be in it shown to delegates at a WDCA meeting last year. The MMVCA sides are going to be in a new north west comp.

A completely new north west comp or a north west division in VTCA? Most of the MMVCA teams are already featured in the club section of the VTCA website. http://www.vtca.asn.au/common/pages/public/iv/clubs.aspx?

Would the MMVCA turf sides join the VTCA and the Matting sides join the old NWCA (formerly EBKCA)?

The VTCA has several drawbacks. One being the allocation of points. Points are based on runs, wickets and results. The VTCA does not allow clubs with large grounds to rope them off so therefore it is hard to score runs on them. There are other clubs that play on home grounds the size of postage stamps which means that they can score anything from 250-400 most games (pitch willing). The difference in points makes a huge difference when it comes to final ladder positions.

A completely new north west comp or a north west division in VTCA? Most of the MMVCA teams are already featured in the club section of the VTCA website. http://www.vtca.asn.au/common/pages/public/iv/clubs.aspx?

Would the MMVCA turf sides join the VTCA and the Matting sides join the old NWCA (formerly EBKCA)?

The VTCA has several drawbacks. One being the allocation of points. Points are based on runs, wickets and results. The VTCA does not allow clubs with large grounds to rope them off so therefore it is hard to score runs on them. There are other clubs that play on home grounds the size of postage stamps which means that they can score anything from 250-400 most games (pitch willing). The difference in points makes a huge difference when it comes to final ladder positions.

we used to have bonus point system in WDCA, it was great fun having to go out & bowl 25 overs on a hot day when you'd already been beaten on a 1st innings = JOKE! It clearly is a crap system & nobody in VTCA lkes it but they dont care what their clubs think, they're just a number!!

we used to have bonus point system in WDCA, it was great fun having to go out & bowl 25 overs on a hot day when you'd already been beaten on a 1st innings = JOKE! It clearly is a crap system & nobody in VTCA lkes it but they dont care what their clubs think, they're just a number!!

Shows how much you know !!
The Clubs, not the exec., voted overwhelmingly to retain the points system at a meeting last year.
You use words like joke and crap, they could be easily be directed at your insignificant little comp where 3 or 4 big fish swim around in an ever diminishing fish bowl devouring the same old poor little minnows year after year with no opportunity to challenge or develop themselves at a higher level = boring
Stick to making comments on things you have some limited knowledge about and get the chip off your shoulder
Outside of the WDCA no one cares !!

The Clubs, not the exec., voted overwhelmingly to retain the points system at a meeting last year.
You use words like joke and crap, they could be easily be directed at your insignificant little comp where 3 or 4 big fish swim around in an ever diminishing fish bowl devouring the same old poor little minnows year after year with no opportunity to challenge or develop themselves at a higher level = boring
Stick to making comments on things you have some limited knowledge about and get the chip off your shoulder

i think you'll find the clubs who voted for keeping the system are the top clubs, and clubs with small grounds. The whole going out to bowl 1 over after fielding for 79 is a joke, as well as fielding after a result has been defined without an outright result being achieved

As for whoever said clubs can't rope off their ground, with a permit they're allowed to

I think you'll find your're wrong.
From what I can recall at the meeting the vote by those clubs that attended was 45 to 11 in favour of retaining the current system.
By your reckoning that makes 80% of the clubs "top clubs"

I think you'll find your're wrong.
From what I can recall at the meeting the vote by those clubs that attended was 45 to 11 in favour of retaining the current system.
By your reckoning that makes 80% of the clubs "top clubs"

who gives a donald duck!!!!........

what about the pts system for players......now thats a joke!!!!

who gives a donald duck!!!!........

what about the pts system for players......now thats a joke!!!!

If you had any idea what of is happening within cricket in melbourne you would know that premier along with a number of other associations a looking at a points system based on the vtca model. The bottom line is you pretend to know all, but in fact you know jack shite

The last 10 years in your comp has been won by 3 different teams you knob...........YC, KEILOR, KEILOR, DOUTTA, YC, YC, DOUTTA, YC, YC & YC = pretty BORING hey??
Theres plenty of poor little minnows in the VTCA that are going nowhere in a hurry..........:p

If you had any idea what of is happening within cricket in melbourne you would know that premier along with a number of other associations a looking at a points system based on the vtca model. The bottom line is you pretend to know all, but in fact you know jack shite

i tell you what though(something that you dont know about cricket in melbs)hahahaha........winter cricket(myca) is up and about and the victorian team is taking on nsw's this sunday......

no points system.....and i got the nod as captian!!!!

go vics!!!!

Agreed

i tell you what though(something that you dont know about cricket in melbs)hahahaha........winter cricket(myca) is up and about and the victorian team is taking on nsw's this sunday......

no points system.....and i got the nod as captian!!!!

go vics!!!!

is that captain or captian??? Either way if your skipper, i reckon titb would get a game........:-O

The last 10 years in your comp has been won by 3 different teams you knob...........YC, KEILOR, KEILOR, DOUTTA, YC, YC, DOUTTA, YC, YC & YC = pretty BORING hey??
Theres plenty of poor little minnows in the VTCA that are going nowhere in a hurry..........:p

Bentleigh will be in with a good show this season. Peter Roach is a fairly good player. I wonder how many ex first class cricketeres play in the VTCA? I have seen some Senior Division teams with 5.

Back