Windows 7

Re: Windows 7

typical microsoft. Vista should have been like that in the fisrt place.........

So now they are trying to catch up wit Mac OSX Leopard, what are tehy going to do when Snow leopard is released?

Back to the drawing board guys!

I don't really think Microsoft is competing with any OS except their own. At least 70% of the users wouldn't even know what OS X Leopard is.

LOL its a fairly good point....

Just imagine if they did know what it was!!!!!!

The world would be a better (more reliable) Place.

Installed it today 'cos I was getting bored with ubuntu and had a few free hours. Seems very nice and polished for a beta. As Kshitiz said there's not a big difference between it and Vista on the surface, the new start menu/taskbar being the most obvious. Windows update found drivers for everything automatically, which is pretty rare for a laptop. All in all it looks like it will be an impressive product.

Yeah, I changed my taskbar style though, I preferred longer tiles of different windows rather than all of them clubbed together in the new system.

Does seem to have trouble controlling fan speed. Even when idle the cpu fan likes to flip out and go one million rpm for a minute or two and then stop again. Hopefully something that gets ironed out in the RC

fmr_13;311919 said:
Does it eat RAM like Vista does ?

No. W7 has been written to effectively use RAM and kill processes when they aren't needed by the user and by the system. Like Vista, W7 will use Graphics Card Memory for visuals before it uses RAM, and an advanced version of SuperFetch has been made. For those who don't know, SuperFetch tries to pre-load commonly used applications. So for those who will use W7 at work, expect Word and Internet Explorer to snap open very quickly :)

Also, programs closes quickly - so those at work can close off BigCricket when the boss comes past :D

AB;315299 said:
I don't really think Microsoft is competing with any OS except their own. At least 70% of the users wouldn't even know what OS X Leopard is.

Steve Ballmer even admitted that Vista's biggest competition would be XP. Mac is crap lol

a for effort;367426 said:
This is objectively wrong. Please elaborate, however.
It might be to you but to me I haven't had any problems with Vista. In fact the Vista that I have got on my computer has got service pack 1 on it. It's great to use.

You might find it crap but it doesn't mean that I am wrong.
Nobody is wrong. Especially if they favour Windows 7, Vista or XP.

No, you said 'Vista is better than Windows 7', which is not correct, not 'I have no problems with Vista'. Opinions are fine, posting misleading information as fact is not.

Back