Women's Asia Cup

pal

Women's Asia Cup

The Indian women just won the Asia Cup, riding on a century from captain Mithali Raj. In the previous ODI series, they beat England 4-1. Lol, only if the male side were this dominant.

Women's Asia Cup

Well, this Asia cup was the equivalent of a men's Asia cup featuring India, UAE and Hong Kong.

I feel SRL and PAK are newbies when it comes to women's cricket--however this will surely change in the near future. Indeed, Pakistani women cricketer's hold records for highest individual score in an innings and best individual bowling performance!

Women's Asia Cup

[quote="sohum ":34ciesxo]
Well, this Asia cup was the equivalent of a men's Asia cup featuring India, UAE and Hong Kong.

I feel SRL and PAK are newbies when it comes to women's cricket--however this will surely change in the near future. Indeed, Pakistani women cricketer's hold records for highest individual score in an innings and best individual bowling performance!
[/quote:34ciesxo]

I don't know about Sri Lanka, but there is no infrastructure for women's cricket to improve in Pakistan. I mean, if males aren't allowed to see the women play, why would any company sponsor them?

Women's Asia Cup

They would find it difficult to get private sponsorship, yes. But I think that is only confined to matches played in Pakistan. I don't think the PCB (I'm not sure the women's equivalent) has any problem with them being watched outside of the country.

For now, it is up to the government to take up the issue of the development of the game. Not sure how high it is in their agenda, though.

Women's Asia Cup

[quote="indiancricketer ":9pic061w]
I have move this fourm here as it is a international thing...just isnt a indian thing
[/quote:9pic061w]

Yes, and the India-Pakistan series is also not just an Indian thing, should we move that to the International cricket section too?
icon_wink.gif

Anything that involves Indian cricket can be posted in the Indian cricket section.

Back