woodworm

dsi

woodworm

what do you guys reckon about the woodworm range that is now 50% off at rebel stores

im considering purchasing the bat

maybe a TORCH pioneer or the Hard drive silver about $200-$250

what do you guys reckon? a good buy or not?

Re: woodworm

If you like there stuff you should buy know before its to late - they are officially broke and are no longer making anything and trying to cut there loses hence the reason they are giving the stuff away.

im thinking of buying a woodworm
went down there and they had heaps
werent they bought by sports co or some english company
im pretty sure they are still making stuff

upthesaints;353898 said:
If you like there stuff you should buy know before its to late - they are officially broke and are no longer making anything and trying to cut there loses hence the reason they are giving the stuff away.
Some people post utter rubbish. Sports PLC in the UK own Woodworm, if you took 2 minutes and googled Woodworm you'd have seen they've just released a new iBat range.

None of the major Australian Cricket Retailers will be stocking the Woodworm gear in the 2009/10 season --- GCCC, Kingsgrove and Rebel will NOT be touching them this year. The Australian distributors for the company Texas Peak may be still stocking the stuff but it will be in extremely low numbers they have laid off all staff associated the brand including ex NSW cricket Graeme Rummans not to mention they do not have cricketers currently using there product meaning it will not be widely seen in the media - if you are not officially dead yet they may as well be. They pretty much are here in Au you anyway.

Woodworm themselves aren't going bust and they will continue trading this year and for the forseeable future. Maybe their distributer is in trouble but the Woodworm company are not.

evo;354864 said:
Woodworm themselves aren't going bust and they will continue trading this year and for the forseeable future. Maybe their distributer is in trouble but the Woodworm company are not.

If this is the case than why do they no longer have any contracted players? I would assume it would be Woodworm the company paying and supplying gear for cotracted players not there distributers.

There is nothing wrong with Texas Peak.... they distribute Brooks along with other brands into Australia. It is a fact in October of last year Woodworm went into administration in the UK, yes they were purchased by a company called Sports PLC but you will struggle to see much Woodworm in Australia from here on in as they will now form a fairly small company which will pretty much only service the UK. The problem they (Woodworm) had was the fact the grew to fast and tried to take on to much with starting a Woodworm golf brand in addition to the cricket products. Trust me if you like Woodworm and what they do buy now before its to late. Anyway FYI - the last few years pretty much all Woodworm sticks sold in Australia were made by a company called AusWide Bat Company (aka Impala Sports). So Robin Younin (the ex owner - an example of another company that has struggled of late and also been brought out) and hes team at Impala have made all Woodworm sticks that were sold into Australia.

10notout;354885 said:
If this is the case than why do they no longer have any contracted players? I would assume it would be Woodworm the company paying and supplying gear for cotracted players not there distributers.
They do have contracted players, not to the level of Pietersen and Flintoff as they're taking a relatively safe approach. Tony Frost, Van Jaarsveld, Kamran Akmal.

If you're worried about the state of Woodworm (and their parent company Confidence Sports Inc.) I would suggest getting their accounts and maybe I'll be proved wrong but for the past couple of years they've been more than stable.

upthesaints;354892 said:
There is nothing wrong with Texas Peak.... they distribute Brooks along with other brands into Australia. It is a fact in October of last year Woodworm went into administration in the UK, yes they were purchased by a company called Sports PLC but you will struggle to see much Woodworm in Australia from here on in as they will now form a fairly small company which will pretty much only service the UK. The problem they (Woodworm) had was the fact the grew to fast and tried to take on to much with starting a Woodworm golf brand in addition to the cricket products. Trust me if you like Woodworm and what they do buy now before its to late. Anyway FYI - the last few years pretty much all Woodworm sticks sold in Australia were made by a company called AusWide Bat Company (aka Impala Sports). So Robin Younin (the ex owner - an example of another company that has struggled of late and also been brought out) and hes team at Impala have made all Woodworm sticks that were sold into Australia.
Ok so Woodworm aren't in trouble and nor are their distributer. So what makes you think they're officially broke and manufacturing nothing? They were broke yes, but that was all taken care of with the acquisition of them by Sports PLC. And they are quite clearly manufacturing, I saw their goods in Meerut whilst I was there and you can clearly see a new range on their site.

I also would be suprised to see them in Australia as their sales model isn't based on retailers and distributers.

it matters for little as the Sticks are crap!! It's quality that counts in this market....Woodworm produce a low level fence pailing....only good for kids in the street and a tennis ball with sticky tape...:D

Back