World Famous Events

Richie

Staff member
Every June Vivid Sydney transforms the Harbor City into a summer wonderland of outdoor immersive lite installations and projections, performances by local and international musicians, and an ideas exchange forum featuring public talks and debates with leading creative thinkers.
images to follow.

Last edited:
History Of Oktoberfest.
The inaugural Oktoberfest was first celebrated in Munich in 1810 in honor of Prince Ludwig’s marriage to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. The festivities lasted a week ending with an exciting horse race. Today, Oktoberfest is the largest festival in the world, with an international flavor that is extremely characteristic of the 21st century. More than 6 million visitors from all over the world take part in Oktoberfest every year.

Wow, that's a huge festival mob mate... also outstanding light show of Sydney & the Opera House at night Richie :thumbsu:
You mean the Oktoberfest.. no sensible distancing there.
Mal Vivid Sydney is in one word Brilliant. In my view it puts our NY fireworks to shame.

My gosh that is breathtaking Richie, do you visit this spectacular show?
Jessica I saw Vivid Sydney bout five years ago. It blew my mind then and has only got better every year since. I keep promising myself to see it again but it can be a hassle using public transport to get into the Sydney CBD.

Yeah Richie, would be a hassle using public transport to get to Vivid Sydney... be a much bigger nightmare driving your car there though with all that traffic.

Yeah Richie, would be a hassle using public transport to get to Vivid Sydney... be a much bigger nightmare driving your car there though with all that traffic.
Yeh mate traffic and lack of parking spaces as they close off a lot of roads around the main attractions.

I've been to London a few times on New Years Eve to celebrate, the fireworks are awesome, the street entertainment is too, but like you both say parking and public transport is a nightmare so I usually leave my car at the hotel and walk to the festivities. 🎉

Diwali Festival, India: Diwali is a festival of lights and one of the major festivals celebrated mainly by Hindus, Jains and Sikhs. The festival usually lasts five days and celebrated during the Hindu Lunisolar month Kartika. One of the most popular festivals of Hinduism, Diwali symbolizes the spiritual "victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance".
1605512739594.png

Back