World T20 Qualifiers

troll3y

Dude, seriously, follow or stream some of these games if you can. The world's 16 best non-Test teams battle it out for six places in the 2014 World T20, where (sadly) they'll join Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in an eight-team "pre-tournament qualifier" before only two of those teams join the remaining eight Test teams.

Anyway, the WT20Q has lit up after the first two rounds of matches: there have been two centurions (PNG's Tony Ura [100 of 60] and Kenya's Rakep Patel [103 off 45]), two 90s, a 5-for and a 4-for, a few upsets, and a whole heap of tense finishes. Group B has been thrown open with Papua New Guinea's scintillating form, Bermuda's rediscovery of potential, and Afghanistan's unexpected first-up loss.

A lot of games are being streamed on the ICC's website and (sometimes) Youtube channel. If you've got a decent connection speed (unlike me :(), these games are well worth checking out.

Dude, seriously, follow or stream some of these games if you can. The world's 16 best non-Test teams battle it out for six places in the 2014 World T20, where (sadly) they'll join Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in an eight-team "pre-tournament qualifier" before only two of those teams join the remaining eight Test teams.

Anyway, the WT20Q has lit up after the first two rounds of matches: there have been two centurions (PNG's Tony Ura [100 of 60] and Kenya's Rakep Patel [103 off 45]), two 90s, a 5-for and a 4-for, a few upsets, and a whole heap of tense finishes. Group B has been thrown open with Papua New Guinea's scintillating form, Bermuda's rediscovery of potential, and Afghanistan's unexpected first-up loss.

A lot of games are being streamed on the ICC's website and (sometimes) Youtube channel. If you've got a decent connection speed (unlike me :(), these games are well worth checking out.

Gee that is disappointing. If anything the top four in the pre-qualifying tournament should go through to the World Cup stage.

As predicted, Ireland and Afghanistan are now officially through to the "first round" of the 2014 World T20. The finals stage now looks like this:

SOf4tNZ.png

I reckon (hope) PNG will knock out Namibia, and if that happens then the tussle between PNG, Nepal, and Hong Kong will be very interesting. I think the six qualifiers will be: Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Nepal; Ireland, Netherlands, and Scotland. Both the Netherlands and Scotland look to have really found their stride in their respective last games. I have a feeling the UAE will lose to the Dutch, then succumb to the Scots who will account for Italy in their qualifier.

Gee Kenya and Bermuda have really fallen away over the last few years, Canada also seem to be struggling as well.

Definitely a changing of the guard (well except for Ireland) at the Associate level.

Since when has that been Ireland's flag?
Since both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland played under the one banner, they can't (and won't) use either national flag. The Ireland rugby team is the same, but it's a little messier. Cricket in Ireland seems to embrace the collective Ireland a lot better, which is a great thing.

Hongkong beats Zimbabwe in the first warm-up match... WOW... what is happening to Zimbabwe... a full member team gets beaten by an associate member :confused:

Back