XAVIER Vs GGS Top against bottom!! Strengths & Weaknesses?

XAVIER Vs GGS Top against bottom!! Strengths & Weaknesses?

Xavier are on top of the ladder with a 4-0 win rate . I can't see at this stage why they won't keep on winning.Crossy is killing them with the bat as is Curtin. They are on a run!!

Re: XAVIER Vs GGS Top against bottom!! Strengths & Weaknesses?

xavier should win

will ryan is due, as is goss and grigg and 3. cross and curtain at 4 and 5, its the strongest top order in school cricket by a mile.

fiery;200568 said:
xavier should win

will ryan is due, as is goss and grigg and 3. cross and curtain at 4 and 5, its the strongest top order in school cricket by a mile.
It will still take more than just runs to win 2Dayers and XC doesn't have the likes of "Patto, Lugg Plunridge etc" to get the wickets although you have only Ryan as a spinner capable to take wickets and no quickies to mention? Then again in this first match against GGS with their bowling power seems to lack any depth and will Howarth and lloyd be able to hold up the fort?naaaaaaaaaaaa I doubt it

i think ggs have a good chance to cause an upset. Some valuble player finding form at the end of the season and good bowling, backed by excellent fielding should give em a chance. they wont lack practice as they have a trip to nz. also with 3 new scholarships, suppose to be pretty decent! Xavier look like a fairly decent outfit and you can't argue with the stats, but if things fall into the right place i think we could possibly see an upset.

bsk18;200813 said:
i think ggs have a good chance to cause an upset. Some valuble player finding form at the end of the season and good bowling, backed by excellent fielding should give em a chance. they wont lack practice as they have a trip to nz. also with 3 new scholarships, suppose to be pretty decent! Xavier look like a fairly decent outfit and you can't argue with the stats, but if things fall into the right place i think we could possibly see an upset.
Sounds like you are in the know with GGS what new talent do they have ? Maybe 3 x new scholarship players starting this year ????? I am still looking for this MAD DOG I have heard about coming from NSW?

cockroach raider;200590 said:
It will still take more than just runs to win 2Dayers and XC doesn't have the likes of "Patto, Lugg Plunridge etc" to get the wickets although you have only Ryan as a spinner capable to take wickets and no quickies to mention? Then again in this first match against GGS with their bowling power seems to lack any depth and will Howarth and lloyd be able to hold up the fort?naaaaaaaaaaaa I doubt it

You clearly have no idea.

Plumridge? what has he done to date mate? ******** all!

ryan isnt our only spinner, goss bowls spin and so does damian murray. so good one there dickhead! both goss and ryan have 6-7 wickets this season already. No quickes to mention? how about O'Sullivan who has taken 12 wickets in 4 games? or how about mcgorian where every player takes a backward step when hes bowling.

GGS are ******** mate, clearly as they are on the bottom.

Chopra7;200820 said:

ryan isnt our only spinner, goss bowls spin and so does damian murray. so good one there dickhead! both goss and ryan have 6-7 wickets this season already. No quickes to mention? how about O'Sullivan who has taken 12 wickets in 4 games? or how about mcgorian where every player takes a backward step when hes bowling.

Well Chopra7 It is obvious that you are one of the big guns at Xavier and you played Dowling so I only wish I could watch you play at GGS but I will be playing somewhere else that day It is one thing being confident and another thing when you don"t respect your oponents..... you might be in for a surprise on that day!!Kill to know who you are wouldn't happen to have a nickname ..like Mad DOG I am still lookin for him? Then again if you played dowliing you couldnt be him because apparently he was captain of NSW U16s Last year.I will definately be looking out for the first round of results to see how many runs or wickets you get!!

i didnt play dowling you idiot, i got down to the last cut for seagulls but didnt make it. i dont even play 1s for xavier, but no enough about the competition than you obviously.

so unlucky about that.

oooo not all these big guns xavier can rely on non scholarship players u no.

Chopra7;200820 said:

now this guy knows what he's talking about!

hahaha, mcgorian quick, what a joke. there is one quick bowler in this comp. and we all know who it is.

Chopra7;200820 said:

Now seeing I have clearly no idea about what is going on and your telling me about Osullivan taking 12 wkts in 4 games then maybe you are also so clever you can tell me who this MAD DOG is who apparently took 12 wkts in one game on the same day in GPS cricket last year and apparently is going to play APS cricket this year?????????????? Just his name or a school will do or maybe there is no such person at all but no doubt you know the answer !!!! lol

Chopra7;200820 said:

IN FACT I will go further in saying after reading your great gee up of XC I reckon GGS will flogg(s) Xc in the first round back and I don't even know really anything much about their side accept they are the underdogs and they certainly won't be arrogant!! And............if they do win will that make you an even bigger tool?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

cockroach raider;201066 said:
IN FACT I will go further in saying after reading your great gee up of XC I reckon GGS will flogg(s) Xc in the first round back and I don't even know really anything much about their side accept they are the underdogs and they certainly won't be arrogant!! And............if they do win will that make you an even bigger tool?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Cockroach raider is a joke.. You have no idea mate... GGS are spastics... honestly they are terrible.. Or should I say your team is terrible??

coast to coast;201089 said:
Cockroach raider is a joke.. You have no idea mate... GGS are spastics... honestly they are terrible.. Or should I say your team is terrible??
Beep WRONG again not GGS.But I will support them against XC lets just say it is an advantage to us if you guys lose!!

Carn the GGS boys.. Loved playing school cricket for them.. You fellas just remember to have fun and enjoy yourselves.. Senior cricket is a completely different game.

So they give scholarships at GGS now, when did that start?

mickeybee;201749 said:
Carn the GGS boys.. Loved playing school cricket for them.. You fellas just remember to have fun and enjoy yourselves.. Senior cricket is a completely different game.

So they give scholarships at GGS now, when did that start?
I am not sure but I think they have done so for a few years now.All the APS Schools do it now in one way or another.

xavier dont do scholarships, and i dont know if scotch do cricketing ones either.

xavier will clearly win, this coming from an outsider, but they have won 4 games to ggs 0!!!!

they have some great players and will win quite quite easily.

Back