Younis Khan to play for Western Australia??

Ljp86

Staff member
Younis Khan to play for Western Australia??

Younis Khan may play for Western Australia, the Pakistan Cricket Board has given him to go ahead to play for WA in the Sheffield Shield. He will be the 4th Pakistani player to play in the Sheffield Shield behind Majid Khan, Imran Khan and Sadiq Mohammad.

PCB give go ahead for Younis to play with WA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Younis did play for WA, it'd be a huge boost to Western Australian cricket and he would prove to be a massive asset with regards to his talent and international experience. I would say he would be affiliated with a local district club also.

So far WA have denied Younis signing for the Warriors.

WA denies signing of Younis Khan

Re: Younis Khan to play for Western Australia??

Why would WA want Younis Khan ?

Michael Hussey (when not playing for Australia)

(Regulars for WA)
Sean Marsh
Marcus North
Luke Pomersbach
Adam Voges
Luke Ronchi

(Retired/Left)
Justin Langer
Chris Rogers

(Young Talent)
Matthew Johnston

Last year i wouldn't of picked him in the team. Considering the regulars plus Langer and Rogers would of been the 7. Don't really think we need to bring an overseas player when we have people capable of batting in the top 6 atm.

blacklightning;218970 said:
Last year i wouldn't of picked him in the team. Considering the regulars plus Langer and Rogers would of been the 7. Don't really think we need to bring an overseas player when we have people capable of batting in the top 6 atm.

How can you not pick an international player in the side?

Yes it might upset the team balance slightly but a player of his class would bring so much to WACA cricket its not funny. A few extra fans would come to the game, state cricket would get exposure in Pakistan (= more money to the game) and the experience and class he can bring and show to the young guys is invaluable

Bring him along even if it is for big bucks.

Guru™;218972 said:
How can you not pick an international player in the side?

Yes it might upset the team balance slightly but a player of his class would bring so much to WACA cricket its not funny. A few extra fans would come to the game, state cricket would get exposure in Pakistan (= more money to the game) and the experience and class he can bring and show to the young guys is invaluable

Bring him along even if it is for big bucks.

Who's career would you stunt to bring him in for one year ?

I'm just not sure how concentrated he would be if he played for WA and just scared about the local lad who would have to play 1st grade when he should be playing First Class cricket.

Don't get me wrong he is a very good batsmen. He has a test average of around 50. He hasn't done much at the WACA only playing 1 test match their averaging 29.5.

His ODI average is hovering in the low 30's. I would much rather see Voges Marsh Pommers in the side rather then him. Can't drop North because he is the captain. Ronchi is the keeper so can't drop him and would really like to see Matthew Johnston get a game this year, showd a lot of promise during last year. Not to mention Theo Doropolous.

blacklightning;218970 said:
Why would WA want Younis Khan ?

Michael Hussey (when not playing for Australia)

(Regulars for WA)
Sean Marsh
Marcus North
Luke Pomersbach
Adam Voges
Luke Ronchi

(Retired/Left)
Justin Langer
Chris Rogers

(Young Talent)
Matthew Johnston

Exposure, perhaps strike up a working relationship with the Pakistan Cricket Board. Pakistan could use the WACA district league as a training ground for it's up and coming players, it would no doubt strengthen the competition and maybe attract some talented players from Pakistan.

WA would be stupid to say no to Younis playing for them. He would be a very, very handy addition.

Marsh
L Davis
*North
Pomersbach
Younis Khan
Voges
+Ronchi
Heal
Dorey
Magoffin
Edmondson

Ljp86;218984 said:
Exposure, perhaps strike up a working relationship with the Pakistan Cricket Board. Pakistan could use the WACA district league as a training ground for it's up and coming players, it would no doubt strengthen the competition and maybe attract some talented players from Pakistan.

WA would be stupid to say no to Younis playing for them. He would be a very, very handy addition.

Marsh
L Davis
*North
Pomersbach
Younis Khan
Voges
+Ronchi
Heal
Dorey
Magoffin
Edmondson

Change L Davis for Matthew Johnston and i think you have a good team. Johnston also bowls handy seem up. 2nd change maybe ? No Doropolous ?

blacklightning;218985 said:
Change L Davis for Matthew Johnston and i think you have a good team. Johnston also bowls handy seem up. 2nd change maybe ? No Doropolous ?

Can Johnston open the batting though? He is a pretty handy medium pacer. I'd open with Dorey and Magoffin with Edmondson and Heal as first change. Johnston, North or Voges could then be used as the part-timers.

If Younis plays then there's no room for Droppa, he would be the unlucky omission. If Khan doesn't play though then Voges goes up to five and the Droppa comes in below him.

Redbacks offer Younis Kahn a Contract

South Australia have offered Younis Khan, the Pakistan batsman, a short-term contract for the 2008-09 domestic season as they attempt to cover the loss of a group of senior players. After looking at their own talent and failing to capture any significant interstate signings, the struggling Redbacks have finally gone overseas in their bid for a high-quality performer.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/352739.html

I think he would be a good signing for South Australia who need a quality performer with some experience to replace Lehman.

Johnson can open the batting a believe, he would prefer a spot from 3-5 but he will take what ever he gets. I saw another article saying that he actually talking about SA no WA. So that's kind of a relief for me :)

Was talking to someone in the know last night about the WACA. Would of loved to have Younis there, but not to be.

good on the man.

i hope he does well for us.

South Australian cricket would be grateful they have someone of such quality to help them build a team. Building a young team around the person who has played on the international team for a short term is the way to go.

like you wouldn't want khan in your team he is one of Pakistan's best players

pup_gun;221307 said:
like you wouldn't want khan in your team he is one of Pakistan's best players

what makes you think he will benefit South Australia at all?

I've changed my opinion of this. If Boof couldn't save South Australia i don't thing that some Pakistani will come over here and in half a season make a radical difference. He will probably not do any better than Boof and unless South Australia can find a way to take 20 wickets his influence will probably be useless anyway.

Who knows though, if he comes out and has and plays like Katich did last season he may get S.A. off the bottom of the table.

Jolldo87;221365 said:
what makes you think he will benefit South Australia at all?

I've changed my opinion of this. If Boof couldn't save South Australia i don't thing that some Pakistani will come over here and in half a season make a radical difference. He will probably not do any better than Boof and unless South Australia can find a way to take 20 wickets his influence will probably be useless anyway.

Who knows though, if he comes out and has and plays like Katich did last season he may get S.A. off the bottom of the table.

for starters he is thinking of playing for western Australia and im not saying he will make a difference im saying he is a good player and i wouldn't turn him down

Back