5. George Headley (WIN)
6. Sir Garfield Sobers (WIN)
7. Andy Flower (ZIM) +
8. Keith Miller (AUS)
9. Shane Warne (AUS)
10. Dennis Lillee (AUS)
11. Malcolm Marshall (WIN)
12th Man. Gordon Greenidge (WIN)

Stiff: Sunil Gavaskar (IND), Wasim Akram (PAK), Clive Lloyd (WIN), Sachin Tendulkar (IND), Brian Lara (WIN), Ian Botham (ENG), Ricky Ponting (AUS), Everton Weekes (WIN), Imran Khan (PAK), Glenn McGrath (AUS), Adam Gilchrist (AUS), Jeff Dujon (WIN), Sir Richard Hadlee (NZL), Shane Bond (NZL), Courtney Walsh (WIN), Jacques Kallis (RSA).

Re: Your All-Time Best XI

is this a personal XI of players we have seen? Players we have read about? Statisticly the greatest XI?

Guru™;218471 said:
is this a personal XI of players we have seen? Players we have read about? Statisticly the greatest XI?
A mix of all three I guess, obviously I haven't seen all those players so it is about what you believe from what you've read/statistics. But there is some personal affiliation from what I have seen in my time as a follower of world cricket - See Warne, Flower.

And a few of my personally accoladed players I've noted in my 'stiff' section - Ponting, Kallis, Bond etc.

kurtrudder (me) has selected a Test Match World XI based on players since the end of World Series Cricket, so essentially in the last 30 years.

Check out this link

http://kurtrudder.blogspot.com/2008/05/post-world-series-cricket-wsc-test.html

He has written quite a bit about each player with career highlights, his own memories and thoughts and detailed justifications for each selection It’s a fantastic side IMO, well balanced and not full of cultural bias and other rubbish we are not interested in. Of course with articles and team selections like this there is always room for conjecture and discussion so it would be great to hear what everyone thinks and some of the selections they would have made with some detailed reasoning.

Final XI

Sunil Gavaskar
Matthew Hayden
Viv Richards
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Steve Waugh
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Malcolm Marshall
Shane Warne (c)
Glenn McGrath