Your favourite shot youve ever played

jimmy33

Your favourite shot youve ever played

i was just thinking about mine the other day and i was wondering what others were. I'm wondering about a specific shot which was special for whatever reason

i guess ill start. it will have to be my glide down to third man. i played this after a horror run of 3 ducks at the top of the order. it was amazing, i felt as though i was in a dream. i just stepped across, stuck my bat out and deliberately guided it down to third man for an easy 2. it just stays in my mind.

Re: Your favourite shot youve ever played

Semi Final of our regional cup, i got a horrid bouncer, it took off (Which is rare in England,) and i though for a second that i'd be going home with concussion, but i went onto auto-pilot, ducked a little and basically "lifted," the ball over the keeper and slips for 4, i thought it was bloody fantastic, until i got back into the pavilion, where the coach had a right go at me :eek:

League Match last Season;We required 6 runs in 14 balls and 2 wickets left.The opposition's bowling was on top and with light fading;it was diffcult for me to bat and also manage the tail-enders.
But my off-spinner managed a beautiful front foot defense of the 13th ball which helped me to take strike and finish the match.
Till date; he surely does not recall how he managed to play the front foot defense;but boy that was a view to watch ad mist all the tension and in bad lights.
It was a sight to see :)

It always feels good when you're tailender helps you, there has been some classic shots by international tail enders, but one shot i particularly remember, due to me being at the other end, was a lofted sweep shot for six by our number 10, we needed 5 off 2 balls, he dropped down to one knee and wallopped it! Even now he cannot do it, just shows his determination.

I'd have to say the big and very dirty slog to cow corner that brought up the 6 runs I needed for my maiden half century.

Not pretty, certainly not text book but very effective!

A lovely Cover drive i played. We were 3/3 against one of the best teams in the county so i came in expecting to be quickly on my way back but managed to stay in for 50 runs or so before we finally collapsed to defeat. They ball sat up beautifully on the half volley and all i could think was 'im having that' dispatched nicely for 4 :).

My favorite shot was when i pulled a ball for six over mid wicket. i middled the ball perfectly and it was the biggest six i ever hit. it went literally out of the ground and everyone was applauding.

My favourite shot came in a Sunday friendly about four months back. It was the last over and I unsuccessfully flailed at the first two balls of the over off a right arm slow bowler.

I thought to myself that I had to advance down the pitch and drive the ball. I walked down the pitch slowly and the ball was at a very full half volley length and I clobbered it down the ground, along the ground for four. It was a long boundary and I cleared it easily. The opposition graciously approved with a cry of "shot" and I got out next ball :D

My favourite was once when i came walking down a little and hit the ball over the cover for six. i tried the same next ball and only got a top edge to the bowler :(

Its funny how many people play their ideal shots only to get out next ball :laugh:. Although i must say in my first game i played a fantastic walk down the wicket straight hit that went once bounce for 4 only to get run out next ball :cry.

It happens to even the best of us :p.

Back