your run-up?

AUSSIE_BOY

your run-up?

just wondering more so for the pace bowlers, how long your run up is...

mine is 2 walking steps at the start then 15 running strides...

Re: your run-up?

AUSSIE_BOY said:
similar 2 mine... do u kno roughly how fast u bowl....

everyone could also write how fast they roughly bowl

I pace mine out by walking, though, just normal walking not big strides, so yours is probably bigger.

It's not necessarily the length of the run up that determines how fast you bowl, as long as you have good rhythm

Stumped said:
i think everyone bowls slower than they think! who has a radar gun?
My cousin does. Everyone does tend to bowl slower than they think. I bowl at 62mph. When trying to go full out, I can maintain 61mph. These readings were at the end of a long net session off a 7 step run up though, I believe I could probably get up to 65mph off the full run.

Run is 16 steps, plus one stride at the end. Serves me well and I've been told that I have one of the smoothest run-ups in the club.

madbunny said:
It's not necessarily the length of the run up that determines how fast you bowl, as long as you have good rhythm

i couldnt agree more... thats y i was curious to see the length of the run up and the the pace (estimated or accurate)..

lol your a ??????? then rnt u.... lol my m8s / family would like the money that they have paid in speeding fines BACK!!! :p jks m8

AUSSIE_BOY said:
lol your a ba$tard then rnt u.... lol my m8s / family would like the money that they have paid in speeding fines BACK!!! :p jks m8

Can't, already bought my BDM bat with it :p

I used to have a 12 step run up, but shortened it to like 5 or 6 at a slower pace, and I still bowl at the same pace or faster. The shorter one helps as I am not fit enough to send 10-20 overs down at the same pace in the nets with my mates. I get all my pace from my action and my unusually flexible wrist

i can happily say that during a day with 12 overs of bowling i can maintain the same run-up pace with my 15 step run-up... and the pace of the ball doesnt really vary either.

the reason y my run-up is fairly long yet i dnt get a GREAT deal of pace (70mph) is because 15 steps and 2 walking steps is the only length run-up i could find that was smooth 4 me... shorter run-ups made me stutter frequently.. so this run up is just right 4 me.

Back